Search found 98 matches

by rgaetano
08 Sep 2011, 19:15
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: NYC Second Appt
Replies: 14
Views: 4224

Re: NYC Second Appt

Stererino, The 90 day deadline is not in regards to one's ability or right to gain citizenship. Rather, it is a rule that (at least) NYC has regarding second appointments. The rule is just that you have 90 days to fix whatever issues there may be and to schedule the follow up through the consulate, ...
by rgaetano
28 Jul 2011, 15:29
Topic: dropping off documents - NYC
Replies: 6
Views: 1811

Re: dropping off documents - NYC

But how were you informed that it was "registered"? Did you send/receive an email?
by rgaetano
28 Jul 2011, 05:14

Re: dropping off documents - NYC

thanks, that helps! What do you mean by "register the documents"? Also, how did you address (on the envelope) the officer who handled the case (since, in my case, last name is unknown and it would seem weird to address it to a first name). Thanks
by rgaetano
28 Jul 2011, 03:47

dropping off documents - NYC

I was told to drop off a document at NYC. I'm wondering what people in the past have done. I was told to drop it off at the reception desk. Do you write a cover letter? Do you put them in a folder? Do you direct them towards anybody in particular in the citizenship office? I just want to make sure i...
by rgaetano
12 Jul 2011, 23:53
Topic: NYC Consulate - Non-Direct Line Docs
Replies: 1
Views: 868

Re: NYC Consulate - Non-Direct Line Docs

see this post (http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/t ... ml#p161802) for my recap of my first appointment last month. I comment on non-direct line
by rgaetano
11 Jul 2011, 13:08
Topic: NYC, scheduling follow-up, new regulation?
Replies: 8
Views: 2196

Re: NYC, scheduling follow-up, new regulation?

yes, I definitely agree with not asking for further specification from the consulate. If I can get a letter though, I was planning on emailing it to them and asking to schedule a follow up in the same email. This way it prevents me from making a whole appointment and going just to have them say that...
by rgaetano
11 Jul 2011, 04:41

Thanks kontessa, those are good ideas, and I've got a few other ideas I'm going to try. Of course, I'll share whether or not they work. The confusion I have at this point is what exactly qualifies as a "US court document"? Does that mean that is has to be a result of an official court proc...
by rgaetano
06 Jul 2011, 13:59
Topic: HELP ME!! consulate needs court letter!!!
Replies: 16
Views: 4224

Re: HELP ME!! consulate needs court letter!!!

Screaminmonkey,
I am now in the similar situation. Any progress on your status?
by rgaetano
06 Jul 2011, 02:14

Ok, after looking over the documents more closely, my plan doesn't look possible, I was mistaken. Both documents state the 21st as birth. My memory was wrong from not initially examining the document closely. The estratto essentially states that "....on the 23rd..." my GGF's father declare...
by rgaetano
05 Jul 2011, 22:52

NYC, scheduling follow-up, new regulation?

Hi everyone, I need a little help/advice. Last month I had my first NYC appointment in NYC that went well (applied GGF-GF-F-Me, with my father). I was told all I had to do was fix these two things and then schedule a follow up, 1. apostille our birth certificates (for mine, and my father's) because ...
by rgaetano
29 Jun 2011, 19:34
Topic: I just called the NYC consulate for appointment
Replies: 3
Views: 1104

Re: I just called the NYC consulate for appointment

It was a quick call for me, under 2 minutes I would say (and I was scheduling 2 appointments).
by rgaetano
27 Jun 2011, 21:16
Topic: Naturalized Through County Court
Replies: 11
Views: 2273

Re: Naturalized Through County Court

I think you should be fine, I recently had county naturalization documents accepted at NY. They had the County Certification/stamp/signature, no fancy ribbons.
by rgaetano
17 Jun 2011, 02:46
Topic: Looking for help for steps for citizenship
Replies: 9
Views: 2641

Re: Looking for help for steps for citizenship

Hi Lorene, you'll need to give us more information. What is your bloodline? Where will you be applying? Do you know if your ascendant naturalized? But first, have you made yourself familiar with the laws to know for sure that you meet the requirements? If you are sure that you qualify, then the firs...
by rgaetano
15 Jun 2011, 21:32
Topic: Had my Philly appt today!
Replies: 28
Views: 9199

Re: Had my Philly appt today!

As per the citizenship information on death certificates- I agree with you that not every death certificate has this information, however, some do. All the death certificates for my case are from NYS, and my GGF's has a line for "citizen of what country" while none of the others do. Is the...
by rgaetano
15 Jun 2011, 17:58
Topic: exemplification papers
Replies: 2
Views: 804

Re: exemplification papers

My understanding is that only birth certificates issued from NYC need a letter of exemplification. Therefore, the birth certificate from Weschester County will not need such a letter. Of course, they will both still need apostilles.