I just called the NYC consulate for appointment

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
grandpa77
Rookie
Rookie

I just called the NYC consulate for appointment

Post by grandpa77 »

I just got off the phone with the NYC consulate. They tell me to call 800 686 4446 and it costs $2.50 per minute.

How long will it take on the phone with these people to get an appointment ?

Thanks
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: I just called the NYC consulate for appointment

Post by johnnyonthespot »

grandpa77 wrote:I just got off the phone with the NYC consulate. They tell me to call 800 686 4446 and it costs $2.50 per minute.

How long will it take on the phone with these people to get an appointment ?

Thanks
I can't answer your question because, thankfully, I applied back when you just contacted the consulate directly and did not have to pay for the privilege.

However, you are aware I hope that you can only apply at the consulate which has jurisdiction over your legal place of residence. Before your application can be submitted, you will have to provide proof of residence in the form of a driver's license or other government-issued ID and/or a bank statement or utility bill.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
rgaetano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rgaetano »

It was a quick call for me, under 2 minutes I would say (and I was scheduling 2 appointments).
grandpa77
Rookie
Rookie

Post by grandpa77 »

Thanks.

I have residence in a couple of places and I would even get a new residence in a city that is favorable. Can anyone tell me a city that is more relaxed than NYC?