Search found 113 matches

by beauac
01 May 2011, 00:23
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Unexpected Appointment Change
Replies: 10
Views: 2358

Re: Unexpected Appointment Change

I have August 16th. Why would they cancel somebody and then fill the place in with another, doesn't that defeat the purpose? I really do not know how I got it. When the man called the first time I explained to him that I was very angry and disappointed (with the Italian embassy, of course) and he to...
by beauac
30 Apr 2011, 23:05

The service called me back. The guy said he pulled some strings and now I am able to go in August. Earlier he had told me the embassy cancelled all appointments for July and August so how do I have August now? Well I had July to begin with, then I thought I had January, so I really can not complain ...
by beauac
29 Apr 2011, 23:04

Same exact call for me just now. Had July, now it is January. WTF, I'm quittin' once again, too many problems time after time. I can't deal anymore, lol. I really can not recommend anyone trying to do this process, it is just such a pain in the ass and nothing of it makes any sense. With a short and...
by beauac
17 Feb 2011, 21:01
Topic: Hello community
Replies: 3
Views: 1564

Re: Hello community

Thank you kontessa, useful information.
by beauac
16 Feb 2011, 13:20
Topic: Hello community
Replies: 3
Views: 1564

Hello community

I am still working on getting my documents in order. I fled the usa again to Germany this time for 6 weeks, needed another break. I have been thinking about going down to Italy for a few days and visiting my ancestral comune for the first time. I was just wondering if there is there anything while I...
by beauac
02 Feb 2011, 01:51
Topic: Official procedure for amending in NY or CT
Replies: 18
Views: 6429

Re: Official procedure for amending in NY or CT

With regards to deceased persons: NO changes to names on birth certificates, death certificates or marriage licenses are possible. So then how does one comply with the embassies strict no mistakes policy? Why do they tell us to amend and then the places tell us it is not possible? And apparently pe...
by beauac
01 Feb 2011, 23:59

Thanks. I am hoping someone here who has amended in CT can say something. As a matter of fact I think awhile back someone here said something about amending in CT but I can not find the thread.
by beauac
01 Feb 2011, 23:26

NYC. All of my new york docs are from the municipal archives. The more modern ones are from CT. Please help anyone.
by beauac
01 Feb 2011, 19:09

Official procedure for amending in NY or CT

So I am finally ready to amend my documents (especially the newer ones). I just called up and they gave me the old song and dance, basically no amending. SO please tell me, what do I tell them so they will amend? Apparently people are out there amending things, the embassy is asking for it, but ever...
by beauac
28 Jan 2011, 20:30
Topic: Do I need to get new apostilles?
Replies: 9
Views: 3345

Do I need to get new apostilles?

I have already got many apostilles for my documents but now I need to have many of them amended. What I am wondering is that once I get the amendments done can I take the old apostille and staple it to the new documents? Do I get new documents or do they change the documents I already have? The apos...
by beauac
19 Jan 2011, 00:22
Topic: Is it possible to apply in another jurisdiction?
Replies: 11
Views: 3234

Re: Is it possible to apply in another jurisdiction?

Well if I could get the license it would be worth it to get a sooner appointment.
by beauac
18 Jan 2011, 23:09

So you mean you need to apply where your address is listed with the government? I lived in Colorado for a year and had an apartment and paid bills there but I still had my CT license, never registered with the town or anything, never changed my license plates. So during that time I would have had to...
by beauac
18 Jan 2011, 22:37

If this seems like a far fetched idea just think about the lengths I am willing to go to get my citizenship. NYC is brutal. :evil:
by beauac
18 Jan 2011, 22:36

Is it possible to apply in another jurisdiction?

What exactly are the rules? I know one must apply in the jurisdiction where one lives...BUT what exactly does that mean? Where one lives at the current moment? Where one lived for the most of his life? Or where his ancestors lived? I have relatives in another jurisdiction where few people apply and ...
by beauac
18 Jan 2011, 22:30
Topic: Debating whether to quit my quest for Italian citizenship
Replies: 20
Views: 6720

Re: Debating whether to quit my quest for Italian citizenshi

Thank you everyone for the replys. It helps to read other peoples opinions and ideas. I really appreciate that. I am unenthusiastically and cautiously deciding to continue pursuing the dual citizenship. I can honestly say that I want it very badly and have good reasons for actually needing it. In th...