alvino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nanjm

alvino

Post by nanjm »

Looking for the ship that Concettina -Concetta Alvino came on.
She was born in 1891/2 in Avellino Italy, immigrated in 1910 (wondered if she wasn't on a Boston passenger list?) as i have been unable to find her on Ellis Island list, but don't have access to the boston list.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: alvino

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear nanjm I have a concetta Alvino entering NYC in 1904 on the SS Gerty but her age and town of origin is deleted and destination is deleted. Go to www.castlegarden.org for her entry date. =Peter=
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Perhaps you cal give us a bit more information like her parents names or her spouse, childrens names.

I checked the names as you posted and I didn't see anyone on the Boston Passenger Lists so we may have to search using other sources or alternate spellings.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Is she related to a Sal Mutone in the US?=Peter=
nanjm

Re: alvino family name

Post by nanjm »

Thanks for all your responses!!

She is not related to Sal Mutone. I don't believe her parents ever came to the USA and am unsure of their names, however I was informed that her parents names were Graziara Diana and Gialmondo Alvino from Avelino. I believe that Concettina was born in 'Avellino Italy in 1891/2 and died in 1965 in Revere MA. Her brothers also came to the USA and their names were Alphons and Carmine, but I don't think that they all came together on the same ship.
She married my grandfather Charles B. Mortali in 1912.
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hi :D !
This may help everyone catch up on the work that you & some of the other members have aleady done
Valarie

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =8764.html