by JavaisLife
07 Feb 2011, 04:42
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Cheap Translations
Replies: 16
Views: 6229

Re: Cheap Translations

Hi,

Simone was only $25 per document. He also gave me same day service for one document, which I needed asap.

Gabriella was good too, but as I mentioned there were small errors. You can use either person, I just wanted to offer another option.

Cheers,
Marie
by JavaisLife
03 Feb 2011, 15:47
Topic: Pls. Help: Munic Archvs docs corrections. NYC: App Rejected
Replies: 34
Views: 12112

Re: Pls. Help: Munic Archvs docs corrections. NYC: App Rejec

Yes, you'll have to translate them. ... You can contact the person who did mine Simone - he's super fast. I think it's Joe Cordero btw. Just ask for Mr Cordero (you're not on a first name basis anyway :)).

-M
by JavaisLife
02 Feb 2011, 23:28

Hi Sforza, If you have a letter from before 1910 - you can talk to the Director of the Municipal Archives to write you an Official Letter w/ the corrections. It's a lot easier. You can go to the Archives and request to meet with Mr Kenn Kobbs. Making any changes in the Vital Records is a change. Add...
by JavaisLife
02 Feb 2011, 15:24
Topic: recap of philly appintment yesterday- long post sorry
Replies: 26
Views: 7074

Re: recap of philly appintment yesterday- long post sorry

Good luck w/ such a successful appointment. .... I love NYC, seriously I do --- but for this one time in my life, I wish I was living elsewhere ;)

- Marie
by JavaisLife
28 Jan 2011, 22:31
Topic: Do I need to get new apostilles?
Replies: 9
Views: 3349

Re: Do I need to get new apostilles?

The apostilles are dated. When you get new documents. ... the new documents have - newer dates. You won't be able to use the old ones on the new ones. Even IF you manage to line them up accordingly. The dates will be wrong.

It sucks, I know - but it's just part of the process.
by JavaisLife
27 Jan 2011, 14:56
Topic: Unoffical First & Middle Name Change stalls processing
Replies: 7
Views: 2831

Re: Unoffical First & Middle Name Change stalls processi

Hi Steve, It's either one or the other (Vital Records or Municipal Archives). I believe Holly's approach is the best choice for you. The Vital Records in NYC will want you to correct the other two documents, for they are "later" and most likely - from their perspective - the documents with...
by JavaisLife
27 Jan 2011, 14:38
Topic: Success in Vancouver
Replies: 2
Views: 1540

Re: Success in Vancouver

Jerry - Congrats! Thank you for posting your recap. What great news!

"Maybe I could have managed this without you, but it wouldn’t have been as easy and certainly not nearly as much fun." Awww-shucks!

All the best,
Marie
by JavaisLife
26 Jan 2011, 14:44

Hi Steve, I think a birth certificate from 1922 is from the Vital Records. Can you check that for me? If it's from the Vital Records and not the Municipal Archives, they will not write a letter (without much pressure) for they have the ability to change the document itself. However, I'm pretty certa...
by JavaisLife
26 Jan 2011, 14:30
Topic: Cheap Translations
Replies: 16
Views: 6229

Re: Cheap Translations

Hi All, I used Gabriella - she's is very quick and good - but as I posted elsewhere, my friend who's from Rome looked over my translations and noticed a few errors (the greetings wrong, simple errors that a speaker would notice). Which I wouldn't notice, for I don't speak Italian. He's helped me go ...
by JavaisLife
26 Jan 2011, 13:54
Topic: One more week til meeting!!
Replies: 8
Views: 2463

Re: One more week til meeting!!

Hello, from What I have heard newark is a breeze. The small error You mentioned should not be a problem. Or, If it is - The africanos Will surley Work. The experience itself is fun. I hipe You have fun!!!

-Marie
by JavaisLife
25 Jan 2011, 22:48
Topic: Translation Templates
Replies: 5
Views: 1876

Re: Translation Templates

Hi Jenna - I have a friend who does my translations, and he returns a same day turn around. Super quick - and super cheap. He's a native italian. I had him review my documents, and he gasped at how much I was charged, and then gasped again with the errors he found. There shouldn't be errors when you...
by JavaisLife
25 Jan 2011, 17:18

Hi Steveo, I just did this - w/ a name change. Was he born in NYC, or state of NY? (Easier for me to answer your question if NYC, for I've been living downtown doing all sorts of changes). When was your grandfather born? is it from the Municipal Archives? You can easily get a letter (as I did) that ...
by JavaisLife
25 Jan 2011, 17:05
Topic: One more week til meeting!!
Replies: 8
Views: 2463

Re: One more week til meeting!!

Hi JPMessina44, Depending on the Consulate you are going to - I agree w/ Monkey. ... you may have to change the document. Being that it is only one, and a rather simple change - it should not stall your application process. I had to make a change on a document from "Franscesco" to "Fr...
by JavaisLife
24 Jan 2011, 20:54

Hi Karen, The Municipal Archives actually didn't change my documents. I took the documents from the municipal archives - and brought them over to the vital records office to have the vital records office create a new document and change them. I am still waiting for the birth certificate to be change...
by JavaisLife
24 Jan 2011, 00:45

I'll put it bluntly like this: they are not trying to fk you and make more work for themselves. If they happen to notice the errors at a later point they will ask you to correct them. The reason? They are putting these documents on file in Italy, and they want a clean document trail. I asked them sp...