One more week til meeting!!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

One more week til meeting!!

Post by JPMessina44 »

A lot of running around, hours and money invested, I am one week away from the consulate meeting! The application is 98% dead on with the exception of my fathers middle name, or lack thereof.....

I am going thru Father - Gfather - GGfather. So, that part is worrying me.

My dad's birth certificate is Paul and marriage says Paul J. He began using J as is middle name as he was confirmed using Saint John....he wanted a middle name vs not having one, which he was born with.

I have a notarized and translated affidavit from me and my father that they are one in the same. I made reference to being my father and my father said that he began using upon confirmation, so hope that works.

Otherwise the whole application came together smoothly (thank goodness) and knock on wood.

Ill keep you all posted after my meeting!!! Ill give the plkay by play.....
mler
Master
Master

Re: One more week til meeting!!

Post by mler »

You should be fine. Best of luck.
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

Sounds like you have one of the stronger applications I've heard of on this forum. I don't think a middle name (or really just initial) will be an issue with an otherwise flawless application. Please let us know! Buona Fortuna!
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany
Drew927
Elite
Elite

Post by Drew927 »

Good Luck!!

I look forward to your sucessful recap :)

Drew
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

So I think we have collaborated on this through some other post but, I applied through GGF>GF>M>MYself and when I got to the appointment my father had left his middle name off his marriage certificate ( and our birth certificates) which did not match his birth which had his middle name. the consulate made me amend the certificates even though my father was not in the direct line. this was a month ago at the NYC consulate. I was also told by forum members dont even worry about non direct line certificates which proved to be false. I hope it works out But you might need to get some documents amended.

I wish you the best of luck !
Dave
JavaisLife
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JavaisLife »

Hi JPMessina44,

Depending on the Consulate you are going to - I agree w/ Monkey. ... you may have to change the document. Being that it is only one, and a rather simple change - it should not stall your application process.

I had to make a change on a document from "Franscesco" to "Francesco". Seriously.

Good luck though! If not in NYC, your probably just fine.
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JPMessina44 »

Thanks for weighing in...I'm going thru the Newark, NJ consulate (so maybe thats good and they won't be like NYC).....I'm pretty excited more than nervous, prob will change over the next few days of course.

If it does get picked off, I am hoping that the affidavits from both me and my father, will work. We will see. fingers crossed!!

Drew/Forze/Mler - thanks!! I'll def provide the recap as soon as I get back home.

Monkey/Java- I hope this is not the case!! I know NYC is nearly impossible, so hopefully those experience (and sorry you had to go thru them) won't be the case for me. Pretty ridic that you had to get a change for that......

Its brutal, all this planning, piling papers, nervousness on not getting back things you mail, it would be pretty crushing to get turned away now....but nonetheless, I will keep plugging away and see what happens.

T minus 5 days...... :)
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Newark is a great place to apply. Best of luck.
JavaisLife
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JavaisLife »

Hello, from What I have heard newark is a breeze. The small error You mentioned should not be a problem. Or, If it is - The africanos Will surley Work. The experience itself is fun. I hipe You have fun!!!

-Marie