Search found 17 matches

by Maestranzi
27 May 2006, 10:13
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: records of no naturalization
Replies: 7
Views: 7576

Re: records of no naturalization

yes, i checked both the federal and state archives in Chicago, Il where he lived when he came to the U.S. Neither of them had any record of naturalization of him, and neither said they could supply any kind of document of no naturalization. "They said I had to go to the INS for that.
by Maestranzi
27 May 2006, 09:32
Topic: records of no naturalization
Replies: 7
Views: 7576

records of no naturalization

I need to get a document saying my great grandfather was never naturalized, which he was not, in order to complete my paperwork for a dual citizenship in Italy. The only place that i know of that can supply this document is the INS (FOIA). However, I need to somehow get proof of this by the end of t...
by Maestranzi
28 Apr 2006, 01:04
Topic: no naturalization
Replies: 6
Views: 5996

Re: no naturalization

would you suggest me to send in a copy of the G-639 form requesting a naturalization document, and then hope that they send me a document saying no naturalization took place when they find that out, or should i forget the G-639 form and just write a letter requesting a document saying no naturalizat...
by Maestranzi
27 Apr 2006, 09:15

Re: no naturalization

mler, should i just write a letter to that address requesting a document of no naturalization? is there any cost that you know involved, or should i just send a letter to that adress?
by Maestranzi
26 Apr 2006, 23:41

no naturalization

I need to have some kind of document showing that my great grandfather was never naturalized (which he wasn't) in order to get an italian passport. my great grandfather was born in italy and lived there until he was 27 , therefore becoming an italian citizen even though his father was already natura...
by Maestranzi
26 Apr 2006, 23:18
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: meaning of words on birth certificate?
Replies: 1
Views: 3683

meaning of words on birth certificate?

on my great grandfathers birth certificate there is a section in bold saying: Il presente si rilascia : per tutti gli usi consentiti dalla legge. what does this mean? also was is common back then that someones birth certificate didn't say anything about his parents only information about the child b...
by Maestranzi
23 Apr 2006, 04:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Church records from Trento area
Replies: 31
Views: 49749

Re: Church records from Trento area

my great grandfather came to the u.s. in 1928, so in 1930 he was living in Chicago, Il. my great grandmother was still living in Guistino, Trento Italy in 1930.
by Maestranzi
23 Apr 2006, 01:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Church records from Trento area
Replies: 31
Views: 49749

Re: Church records from Trento area

Can anyone help me? I am looking for some family history of my great grandparents who were born in Giustino. Trento Italy. they were both born in 1901. Names: my great grandfather is Giovanni Maestranzi. My great grandmother was born Domenica Maganzini, and later married my great grandfather and bec...
by Maestranzi
22 Apr 2006, 05:27
Topic: Italy during WWI
Replies: 27
Views: 20211

Re: Italy during WWI

sorry mler, i just now see that you already answered me. however, what does majority mean? you say that you must be born in italy and reside there for your majority to be an italian citizen, but was exactly does majority mean. this should apply to my great grandfather being that he was there until h...
by Maestranzi
22 Apr 2006, 05:09

thanks for all your help everyone. here's a quick question for mler: I understand that you say my great grandfather was actually born a u.s. citizen even though he was born in italy b/c my great great grandfather had already been naturalized. however, you also mentioned that italian citizenship coul...
by Maestranzi
21 Apr 2006, 09:46

thats what i'm hoping. my great grandfather is from italy, but my grandfather was born in the u.s. my great grandfather never was naturalized b/c his father was already a u.s. citizen even though he was living in Italy. Everyone keeps telling me you couldn't have dual citizenship back then, but my g...
by Maestranzi
21 Apr 2006, 08:21

im sorry. did he pass what to my grandfather?
by Maestranzi
21 Apr 2006, 06:19

Italy during WWI

can anyone help me with this. I've always thought my family was from Italy, but just learned that the town that my great grandfather was born in (Giustino, Trento Italy) was actually in Austria until Italy conquered it during WWI. So my great grandfather was born in austria (on his birth certificate...
by Maestranzi
20 Apr 2006, 08:50
Topic: Italian Passport?
Replies: 38
Views: 47947

Re: Italian Passport?

thanks for all your help mler. acutally i am in kind of a hurry b/c i have a chance to play professional basketball in italy and that would start in september. my agent told me that i should go out to italy to apply for the passport, b/c that would be a faster process. Is this true? also, my grandfa...
by Maestranzi
20 Apr 2006, 05:56
Topic: Italian Passport?
Replies: 38
Views: 47947

Re: Italian Passport?

here is the information. my great great grandfather was naturalized in 1904, but that was after my great grandfather was born (1901). So my great grandfather was born in Italy as an italian citizen. then he came to the U.s. in 1922, and did not have to be naturalized since his father had already bee...