Search found 51 matches

by HughTornabene
14 Apr 2015, 22:14
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Palermo City, Sicily
Replies: 23
Views: 33567

Re: Palermo City, Sicily

I have not been here for a while. And am happy that the site is still flourishing. My news is that I have now more than half built a new site: Births in the City of Palermo, Sicily. https://sites.google.com/site/palermobirthshub/home It is NOT extracted tables; it IS the collection of Index page ima...
by HughTornabene
23 Dec 2011, 13:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Joseph Tornabene family from Racalmuto
Replies: 11
Views: 7538

Re: Joseph Tornabene family from Racalmuto

Hi Super-Nuccia and Tornabene76 Just to let you know that first thing this morning I saw the E-Mail flag for this Racalmuto topic and will happily go find my previous exploration. It looks like quite a way from Catania to Racalmuto for a day trip, I wonder how long it took, I suppose you were drivin...
by HughTornabene
17 Jun 2011, 07:11
Topic: Joseph Tornabene family from Racalmuto
Views: 7538

Re: Joseph Tornabene family from Racalmuto

On a GOOGLE search for "Joseph Tornabene, Pittsburgh" I found this set of messages. I am so delighted. I am Hugh Tornabene, htinusa@aol.com, in Maryland. I do Tornabene genealogy and recently did Racalmuto, Sicily. I have a lot of extracted information from this town on Tornabene. (I see t...
by HughTornabene
22 Feb 2011, 17:02
Topic: Is there an English translation for Calogera?
Replies: 21
Views: 12090

Re: Is there an English translation for Calogera?

Thank you for the discussion of the name Calogera and it's English equivalent. I have traced two Tornabene immigrant brothers from Racalmuto, Sicily into the United States. Both of them named their first son as GUY, so I think their father must have been Gaetano or maybe Giacomo. They both named the...
by HughTornabene
13 Oct 2010, 13:58
Topic: City of Catania
Replies: 4
Views: 2216

Re: City of Catania

Hello Peg. I read your messages and went into adrenaline shock. Thank you. I scanned about 20 films for the early Catania Riveli, anything before 1700. Attached is my summary for people who I hope are my ancestors, only two names (in parentheses) are not drawn from these Riveli. Each little patch is...
by HughTornabene
12 Oct 2010, 15:08
Topic: City of Catania
Replies: 4
Views: 2216

City of Catania

I recently published two small databases.
Indexes for the Riveli of Catania for 1652 and 1682.
https://sites.google.com/site/cataniariveli1652
https://sites.google.com/site/cataniariveliindex1682
Hugh
by HughTornabene
25 Sep 2010, 13:46
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Palermo City, Sicily
Replies: 23
Views: 33567

Re: Palermo City, Sicily

Peter Timber,
Hi. Several years ago you mentioned 150 Families in church records in Palermo.
I would like to see those records. Can you connect me to them please.
Hugh
by HughTornabene
21 Jul 2010, 03:39
Topic: Milazzo family in Palermo
Replies: 51
Views: 29921

Re: Milazzo family in Palermo

Going back to bmilazzo. I finally found a rendering of the Millazo crest. I suspect it was created recently on the basis of a crest description that is older. I think that the following URL will take you to the website which has many crests listed alphabetically. http://www.regione.sicilia.it/benicu...
by HughTornabene
20 Jul 2010, 10:40

Laura, I visited your wikepedia site, and realize it will be difficult, not impossible though, to have you leave such a beautiful place. I have just discovered, in Catania, a Sepulcher founded, and presumably containing the remain of of a very probable (not yet certain) ancestor of mine from 1551. I...
by HughTornabene
19 Jul 2010, 14:27

Betz hi again, Before writing what I came to say, I am totally blown away by the Snow storm of precious information that The Pink67 lady, Laura, has come up with, and I went out (virtually) to Wyoming to look at those newspapers too. I notice that, like my father from Sicily, your ancestor Paul Mila...
by HughTornabene
19 Jul 2010, 01:42

Betz, I did cut and paste the image, then fed it through my OCR software which turned it into computer text. Shazam. Your family has a crest, described as follows: D'azzurro, con una torre merlata aperta e finestrata di nero piantate in un terreno al naturale nel canton destro della punta, sinistrat...
by HughTornabene
18 Jul 2010, 23:51

Hi Betz, This mainly taken from a google auto translation, directly from Italian to English. I do not speak Italian. Hugh CAVIORE PAOLO MILAZZO Scommettiamo che non c'è una sola persona in Cheyenne che non conosca il Cav. Milazzo. Non solo Io conoscono tutti, ma gli vogliono un grande bene. Cara ed...
by HughTornabene
18 Jul 2010, 22:06

Wow. Great piece of research Laura.
I am most impressed. Hugh.
I have been listening in since I had a mention somewhere back there.
by HughTornabene
17 Jul 2010, 12:50
Topic: Catania, Sicilia.
Views: 8790

Re: Catania, Sicilia.

The marble inscription on the floor of the chapel of Santa Maria di Gesu, Catania.
by HughTornabene
17 Jul 2010, 12:46
Topic: Catania, Sicilia.
Views: 8790

Re: Catania, Sicilia.

Thank you Vincenzo,
Another correspondent friend of mine, who lives in Catania, took the photo for me just a couple of days ago. So I have it now.
I posted it on this site yesterday, I don't see it though, so I will try again right now.
That is how I know those names that I mention.
Hugh