Response in Italian - Translation Help?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mattera
Rookie
Rookie

Response in Italian - Translation Help?

Post by mattera »

Greetings,

I have received a response from Monenero Val Cocchiara. I think I have puzzled out the Italian, but as I do not speak Italian, I would be very grateful for any help in translating this:

In riposta alla lettera pervenuta in data 31.07.2007 Si trasmette per posta l'atto di nascita della Sig.ra Ziroli e
Si comunica quanto segue

Non e stato possibile rintracciare altra documentazione relativa alla sua famiglia
In quanto tutti gli atti del comune sono andati distrutti durante la guerra del 1943
Infatti come puo notare anche l'atto di nascita, che si allega in fotocopia, e stato ricostituito nell'anno 1954 perche tutti i registri erano stati bruciati.

Mi fa piacere che risulta almeno l'atto di nascita, so quanto e importante per le persone che vivono all'estero trovare un qualcosa che riguarda i propri antenati e mi complimento che e rimasto legato alle proprie radici. Sicuramente ci sara qualche parente rimasto a Montenero Bisognerebbe chiedere alle persone piu anziane.

distinti ossequi

Thank you in advance.

Alex
peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Re: Response in Italian - Translation Help?

Post by peggymckee »

Dear Mattera,

I've just started taking Italian 101--so I used your letter as translation practice. I will be very interested to see how close (or far!) I am from a translation by someone who really knows. As far as I can tell, the writer of the letter is a very kind person.
In response to the letter that arrived on (the date of) July 31, 2007, the birth act of Signora Ziroli has been forwarded to you by mail and I report to you the following:

It has not been possible to trace other documentation relating to your family. Regarding the acts of the comune, they (all) were destroyed during the war of 1943. In fact, one is able even to have a record of the birth act, a photocopy of which is enclosed, only because it was reconstructed in the year 1954 because all the registrations were burned.

I am pleased at least about the resulting the birth act, I know how important it is for a person living in a foreign county to find anything that concerns their own antecedents and my congratulations that there remains any legacy of your own roots. Surely there will be a few relatives remaining in Montenero Bisognerebbe to ask about your ancestors.

Distinguished obsequies (Your servant)
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Post by Sirena »

That's an excellent translation... I can't believe you're in 101! :D
peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Post by peggymckee »

Thanks--and I owe it all to a really great teacher. She MAKES us talk, we laugh and play word games in class and we were writing compositions in Italian from the first week. The class is at our local community college--and real bargain!

All the best, Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
mattera
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mattera »

Thank you for your help! I appreciate the effort this must have taken.

Alex