passenger record not found

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Casa28

passenger record not found

Post by Casa28 »

I need help. I am looking for a passenger record on Nicolo Sampieri. I was able to find his father, sister and brothers through ellisisland.org but unfortunately couldn't find him. Though his name was mentioned on his sister's record. He was born in 1892 in a town called Rosolini. But most of his family is from Pachino. He was the only one who moved back to Sicily and never returned to the States. What I 've been told they lived in Massachusetts somewhere. Help!!
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: passenger record not found

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Casa28,

If you can give his fathers full name, his mothers full name (maiden), brothers and sisters full names and the dates they traveled, years they were born. You also said his name was mentioned on his sisters manifest, what did it say or can you post the manifests (or the links) so people can look at them?

The more complete information you can give the easier it will be for people on the site to help you out.

Regards,
Elizabeth
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Casa28 wrote:I need help. I am looking for a passenger record on Nicolo Sampieri. I was able to find his father, sister and brothers through ellisisland.org but unfortunately couldn't find him. Though his name was mentioned on his sister's record. He was born in 1892 in a town called Rosolini. But most of his family is from Pachino. He was the only one who moved back to Sicily and never returned to the States. What I 've been told they lived in Massachusetts somewhere. Help!!
maybe it is this, but seem born in pachino also and joining Francesco Sampieri brother; the birthyear is correct...:

Boston Passenger Lists, 1820-1943
about Nicolo Samperi

Name: Nicolo Samperi
Arrival Date: 6 May 1910
Estimated birth year: abt 1892
Ethnic Background: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Palermo, Italy
Ship Name: Sannio
Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts
Friend's Name: Jno Samperi ( Francesco Sampieri)
Last Residence: Sicily
Birthplace: Pactiuo, Liroensa ( Pachino, Siracusa)
Microfilm Roll Number: 148

page 1

pag 2
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Casa28

Post by Casa28 »

That must be him for sure. I figured the last name was spelled different. Thank you so much. By the way where did you find this record?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Casa28

Post by Casa28 »

It is him for sure. Francesco was his brother and his father was Vincenzo. I just realized you posted the records. Thanks again.