Searching for Borelli family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
louis41
Rookie
Rookie

Searching for Borelli family

Post by louis41 »

Hi Everyone!

This post is just to get the Borelli name out there in case anyone else happens to stumble on me and wants to join in the fray.

I am the great-grand-son of Celestine Josephine Borelli Ianelli dob abt 1856 & Luigi Ianelli dob 1857. Luigi Ianelli was born in Berceto, Italy and his wife Celestine was from Parma. Her father Joseph Borelli ran an Inn in Parma.

After Luigi & Celestine were married in about 1881, they migrated to Marselle, France. They had 6 children. The children are, Marie, Augustine, Amelia, Louise, Virginia & Anthony.

They left Marseille France, in 1902 & 1903 and came to the US. They settled in Phila.

Their son Anthony P. Ianelli dob 1892, (my grandfather) married Rose Massaro dob 16 Oct 1898 & had 4 children. Celestine Lillian dob 22 June 1917, Louis F. dob 17 Feb 1919, Florence Virginia dob 14 July 1923 & Anthony F. dob 17 May 1932. Louis F. being my father.

My uncle visited Italy in the 1950's and met some of our relatives, so I know their is a part of the family that still remains in Italy. Not sure if it is from the Ianelli or Borelli side.

If you are one of us or know of one of the Borelli family, or the Ianelli family, please get in touch.

Happy hunting and thank you all for your help in my search.

My e-mail is Lou_ianelli @ hotmail.com

Louis41
aka Louis Ianelli
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Re: Searching for Borelli family

Post by Marlena »

I am related to a bunch of Borelli's in California. Do you know if any came this way? Most reside in the San Joaquin Valley.
Marlene
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
louis41
Rookie
Rookie

Post by louis41 »

Hi Marlene!
The only clue I have is my grand-father's birth certificate indicating that his mother's maiden name was Borelli and a letter from my aunt saying that Celestine's father ran an Inn in the town of Parma. If I find any west coast connection I will contact you.

Good luck in your search.

Louis
louis41
Rookie
Rookie

Post by louis41 »

Just want to get this post out there again.

Louis
NancyMagnatta

Post by NancyMagnatta »

My 6th great grandmother was Anna Borelli from Cerignola. She married Giovandinatta Morra in early 1800s
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

I will check what town my Borelli's were from.
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

My cousins family is from Sapanora (old name,) Grumento Nova Italy. Southern Italy west of Naples.

Marlena