San Donato di Ninea - from Ceraso

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
mcherry

Re: San Donato di Ninea - from Ceraso

Post by mcherry »

I am going to take the weekend and organize all the great information regarding my family, Ceraso, and San Donato di Ninea. I am afraid of forgeting all that I have learne.

Can anyone recommend a family tree format to use. there is so much information to include on just a tree.

Also, any more information or pictures of San Donato di Ninea would be great!!

Thanks
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Family History Center has charts and a free program.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Home/We ... mation.asp
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
dpucciani

Post by dpucciani »

San Donato di Ninea is where my grandfather, Carlo Pucciani, and my grandmother, Giuseppina Apa, are from. Carlo came to NY through Ellis Island in 1903. Am planning a visit next year (Oct. 08) but would like to locate a tour bus with a driver who speaks Italian and can get around those mountain villages! Please help! Will keep checking back--dpucciani
Iannitelli

Post by Iannitelli »

mcherry wrote:Hello all. Okay the family tree is filling out but I have found very little on San Donato di Ninea. I think it is below Naples but I know very little else.

Michael
San Donato is 3 hours south of Naples by car. Its a lot better to take the main road (A3-E45)down the middle of the country and get off at the Altomonte exit. If you go down the west side and turn off at Belvedere the road from there to San Donato is horrible, made me sick every time. You could also fly into Lamezia Terme and drive an hour north. I like that option best.
My grandparents came from there in 1915 and I just met a third cousin over there in 2005. Grandparents were Antonio Ferraro and Maria Rosa Iannitelli. Who are you going with? Can you speak Italian, San Donato folks can't speak much English.
jimmy
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Mr. Oucciani english is the second language in english and mandatory in all the schools including San Donato di Ninea. Perhaps if you send a letter to the Mayor Dr. Luigi Salvo asking him for a referral to the english teacher there you might find success in locating a guide as it were There is no e-mail address indicated. Lots of luck. =Peter=
Iannitelli

Post by Iannitelli »

mcherry wrote:Thanks, jcsm. so this is where they all came from. I can see the mapquest but the other link is blocked and will have to wait until I get home.

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the town or local area? the mapquest link above may help.
I've been there three times, what would you like to know.
jim
Iannitelli

Post by Iannitelli »

PeterTimber wrote:Dear Mr. Oucciani english is the second language in english and mandatory in all the schools including San Donato di Ninea. Perhaps if you send a letter to the Mayor Dr. Luigi Salvo asking him for a referral to the english teacher there you might find success in locating a guide as it were There is no e-mail address indicated. Lots of luck. =Peter=
English may be mandatory but none of the kids (4 cousins) I know can speak it. Beware, not many folks in San Donato can speak English.
jimmy
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Mr. Pucciani (sorry for the typo on the name) I was referring to the english teacher and/or someone who may be educated enough to speak english in a satifactory manner. Certainly a Mayor would be in a posiiton to know or contact someone in this regard. I hardly think local school children are what you are looking for. =Peter=
jrosi1950

Post by jrosi1950 »

hi,i saw the name rosignuolo from san donato di ninea on here.my grandfather was born in that village in 1889 or 1890. his name was bruno,and his father was vincenzo. do you have any info on him or family? thank you jim
Sunbury

Post by Sunbury »

I am trying to link my great grandfather Telesforo Donato to a Donato presumably from the Calabria region of Italy, Telesforo Donato's father or uncle's name would have been I believe Jose Donato. The period is the 1860's Jose appartenly went to Puerto Rico about this time. But I have heard stories that they may may have being here before through the Spanish explorers. I just want to clear the air of the stories and make the connection one way or another. My family tree would be to me then be complete then as far as I concerned or as back far as I would be able to go unless there is an blessing and there prominent people involved or they were religious. My health not good and I would be able to leave this tree to my children so they can one day travel to their ancesters homeland. Feel free to contact me.
bisignani

Post by bisignani »

ciao a tutti
volevo segnalare un sito su san donato molto bello,da vedere

www.bisignani.com

ciao
luigi bisignani
bisignani

Post by bisignani »

ciao