Marsicovetere

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jsmith9118

Marsicovetere

Post by jsmith9118 »

Hi, I have been researching a family members family tree and was hoping to get some help. Gianuario (Giovanni) (John) Marsicovetere was born in Marsico Nuovo, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy on 29 May 1872. Through research I have found out his first marriage was to an Angelina but I cannot find evidence of her surname. Their first child Francis (Frank) was born in 1896 in New York. I am unsure if Angelina was born in the USA or Italy and if they married in Italy and then came to America or whether GM emmigrated to USA and met Angelina and married her in New York.
So I am looking to find their marriage information or any information on Angelina.
Any help would be appriciated. Thank you.
jessahip
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Marsicovetere

Post by jessahip »

Hello! I may have some information on this! Are you related to Angelina or Gianuario? Did you ever find out about their marriage? Or when they came to the USA?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Sure you got the real Giovanni Masicovetere

https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/18 ... 1007-00061

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
jessahip
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jessahip »

is there anyway you can share what you have on ancestry .... ancestry does not let the link open up for me!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Im not with your familytree my tree will not help you

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Gianuario (John) Marsicovetere
1872–1957
BIRTH 29 MAY 1872 • Marsico Nuovo, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy
DEATH FEBRUARY 21 1957 • Hoboken, Hudson, New Jersey, USA

Gianuario (John) Marsicovetere son of Francesco Marsicovetere and Mariantonette Marsicovetere
marriage of Gianuario Marsciovetere and Mariantonia Brilliant 1893 Feb 16th #12 Marsico Nuovo, Potenza

https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/18 ... 1128-00007

Marty

Marty
jessahip
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jessahip »

Awesome...thank you!