Excited - heard from Accettura Italy!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
michele68
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Excited - heard from Accettura Italy!

Post by michele68 »

GENEALOGY SERVICES in Campania, Basilicata, Calabria regions, Italy
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lcafarel »

Michele, this 1742 list, which appeared in an interesting article by Angelo Labbate, contains the name Sassone, but not Sansone. Are the two names related, do you know? If not, then the Sansone family came into Accettura later. Maria's Fanelli ancestors also came from elsewhere; she seems to have information about a connection to Laurenzana.

Also, have you had access to any of the later censuses from Accettura and neighboring towns? The only ones I've seen are for Craco and came to me through The Craco Society. I wish the images of the catasti and censuses could be digitized and put online for those of us who can't travel to the archives or hire a local researcher!

Lesley
michele68
Rookie
Rookie

Post by michele68 »

Dear Mr Lesley,

I have found those information not on the article but on a book intitled "Appunti per la storia di Accettura" by Giuseppe Filardi.

If you need more information about your family, write me to the museum e-mail address (museodelcognome@libero.it), please.

Thank you

Sicerely Yours,

Michele Cartusciello
GENEALOGY SERVICES in Campania, Basilicata, Calabria regions, Italy
bannah22

Post by bannah22 »

yes please email to papaandtita@yahoo.com. Thank you soo much. Brandi has been a mystery.

Pamela
bannah22

Post by bannah22 »

Sorry I think I answered the wrong email did you find something on Brandi? Thank you
Pamela
mbakeroo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mbakeroo »

Pamela,

Re: Brandi
Thanks to Lesley above I have been able to determine Maria Teresa Brandi married Rocco Antonio Sansone in 1858 in Accetura. I believe she had a sister Giuliana who married Rocco's brother Vincenzo Sansone, but still working on these sibling lines.

Maria
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lcafarel »

Maria, I just now saw your last post from January. I have a research colleague's indexing spreadsheet showing a marriage of Giuliana Rosa Brandi, 21, daughter of Gennaro and Maria Piezza, to Vincenzo Sansone, 30, son of Vito and Maria G. (Giuseppa? Grazia?) Domino on 28 October 1867. The record number may be 38--I'm not sure if this is the record or my colleague's image number.

I haven't seen Piezza as a surname. This may be a transcription error for Piazza.

Lesley
typeogirl
Rookie
Rookie

Post by typeogirl »

bkworm10, glad you have been getting all this info. I just sent my 2 letters out today, one to Schio and one to Ragusa with the advice of people on this board. The fact that you got an answer gives me hope I may get a reply.

My great-grandmother's last name was Filippi, but she was from Schio. I think Filippi may be a very common name.

Wish me luck!
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lcafarel »

The town official in Accettura is unusually responsive to email requests for information and typically replies within a couple weeks. I've had no such luck with any other town.

Lesley