sending for documents.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ginap
Rookie
Rookie

sending for documents.

Post by ginap »

Hi Everyone,
Quick one.
Which document do I ask for? that shows my great g grand fathers brothers and sisters.
when writing to the comune.
any links would be appreciated. :)
Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Re: sending for documents.

Post by Bette »

The document is called the Stato di Famiglia (State of the Family). Here is one link to write to the Anagrafe office.

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

However, don't set your hopes too high; in years of doing this, I don't recall ever hearing from anyone who was actually able to obtain this document.

Who knows? Maybe you can be our first!

Additional information: https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Italy_ ... amiglia.5D
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
ginap
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ginap »

thank you, I'll let you know if i do get it.
Gina x
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

Try anyway....I have been working on my fam history about 2 years and have received 3 from one comune and one from another.
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
ginap
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ginap »

I noticed on a previous post on a different thread that I have to write to Casterta. will i use the same letter (link) or compile my own ( non parla Italiano)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Comune di Atina is currently part of the province of Frosinone (created 1926) and may have originally been part of Caserta, I would have to research to be certain.

When Frosinone was created, all relevant provincial archive records were supposedly transferred to the new provincial archives of Frosinone, so that is the place to begin your research. You can use the form letter, but instead of addressing it to Stato Civile..., use this address:

Archivio di Stato di Frosinone
Piazza De Matthaeis, 41
03100 Frosinone
ITALY

email: as-fr@beniculturali.it

If you want a backup plan, you can also try contacting the Caserta archives:

Archivio di Stato di Caserta
Via dei Bersaglieri, 9
81100 Caserta
ITALY

email: as-ce@beniculturali.it
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Frosinone has no records for Atina. No pre-unitario records were transferrred. Caserta has 1809-1865.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Frosinone has no records for Atina. No pre-unitario records were transferrred. Caserta has 1809-1865. The town of Atina has a register of the population but they are not great at responding to written requests. (not even from me, I always have to go in person)
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bette »

Dear JohnnyOnTheSpot,
I want to go on record by stating that I did receive several of these "Stato di Famiglia" from my ancestral town in Sicily. It may have just been "good luck".
Bette
ginap
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ginap »

johnnyonthespot wrote:Comune di Atina is currently part of the province of Frosinone (created 1926) and may have originally been part of Caserta, I would have to research to be certain.

When Frosinone was created, all relevant provincial archive records were supposedly transferred to the new provincial archives of Frosinone, so that is the place to begin your research. You can use the form letter, but instead of addressing it to Stato Civile..., use this address:

Archivio di Stato di Frosinone
Piazza De Matthaeis, 41
03100 Frosinone
ITALY

email: as-fr@beniculturali.it

If you want a backup plan, you can also try contacting the Caserta archives:

Archivio di Stato di Caserta
Via dei Bersaglieri, 9
81100 Caserta
ITALY

email: as-ce@beniculturali.it
I shall go with this one, and fingers crossed.
Now if I was to send for documents from Napoli, Napoli. Lds have this down as where they are born would you say in Napoli it self and not a village.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You folks should ask Ann Tatangelo(italysearcher) about the Stato di Famiglia (State of the Family records she lives in Italy she'll tell you about it...........

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ginap
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ginap »

I have received my ufficio anagrafe Filippo Battaglia, yes so pleased . thanks to you guys who helped. Gina.
Ps is Tutinelli a taboo word.