Translation Request Poalo Zerbi Rovegno

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
fairhilleng
Rookie
Rookie

Translation Request Poalo Zerbi Rovegno

Post by fairhilleng »

I would like some assistance translating the baptism record for Poalo Vincenzo Zerbo.
Link to image:
http://img405.imageshack.us/i/1776zerbi ... tismd.jpg/
Searching: Termini-Imerese : Mascari, Lazzaro, Cecala, Foppiano, Montemurro
Incipit
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Translation Request Poalo Zerbi Rovegno

Post by Incipit »

Millesimo septingentesimo septuagesimo sexto die tertio mensi<s> septembris, ego Iacobus Antonius Pastorinus archipresbiter ecclesiae parrochialis sancti Ioannis Evangelistae, loci Rovenii baptizavi infantem natum hodie ex Ioanne Baptista Zerbi quondam Angeli, et Hyeronime [Barberia] coniugibus huius loci, cui impositum fuit nomen Paulus Vincentius. Patrini fuerunt Ioannes Baptista [...] filius Iohannis Baptistae, et Cattarina Insula filia Augustini huius parociae.

1776, 3rd of September. I, Antonio Pastorino, archpriest of the church of St. John the Evangelist, in Rovegno, baptized a child, born today from Giovanni Battista Zerbi, son of Angelo, and Girolama [Barberia], married couple of this place. He was named Paolo Vincenzo. Godparents were Giovanni Battista [...] son of Giovanni Battista, and Caterina Insula son of Agostino of this parish.
Incipit
Genealogical researches in Italy
www.incipitprato.com
fairhilleng
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Translation Request Poalo Zerbi Rovegno

Post by fairhilleng »

It appears the godfather's surname is Retagliata and the godmother's surname is Isola. You are very talented to be able to read this hand writing. Thank you very much! Grazie mille !
Searching: Termini-Imerese : Mascari, Lazzaro, Cecala, Foppiano, Montemurro