Family Software version 2010

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Family Software version 2010

Post by donnawright »

I checked my first post, and when I clicked on my subject, I was directed to ancestry.com.... didn't intend that.

I have my first genealogy software, FTM 2010, and I cannot find anywhere the ancestral file number, PIN, personal identification, or whatever name might be assigned to a new individual being entered in the software. Surely it is there!

Does anyone out there have this and know where to find it, how to "turn it on", how to have it print, etc?

Thank you for your time. I didn't want to bother anyone with this, but I figured someone here might have the answer - I can't get it anywhere else - including the software help and online help.

Donna
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
vj
Master
Master

Re: Family Software version 2010

Post by vj »

Hi Donna!

If you're referring to the genealogical numbering system used on the Ahnentafel and Descendant Reports you can find it here:

Go to
'Publish'
Then click on 'Collection'
Choose 'Genealogy Reports'
Then pick either 'Ahnentafel' or 'Descendant Reports'
You should be abe to find your person and their number

I hope this helps
Valarie

In version 2011 the 'Ahnentafel' or 'Descendant Reports' have been reduced to 2 choices vs 4 in the 2010 version.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

Thanks for reading my frustration. I did not get a reply from FTM, so I called. I was informed that versions 2009 and 2010 do not have the automatic ID number assigned to each new person and that I should buy 2011 because they put it back in because lots of people want it. How more frustrating it must be for those with older versions that HAD the auto number and "upgraded" to a newer version and now their new additions don't have numbers. At least I am on my first version. Kind of sad to have 2010 for a few months and be told I need 2011 to get a simple number. If it was a conscious omission, shame shame shame.
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria