January 31, 2011 -Meeting with Newark Consulate--too soon?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Re: January 31, 2011 -Meeting with Newark Consulate--too soo

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Oh there are so many streets they lived on I dont even know what the sections are. I think they started around Railroad Ave which today is chris columbus, then they went over near bright which supposedly is a total *hit hole today, then liberty and into the greenville section. Im not really good with the sections. I went their recently to go to Holy Name and take some pic and lay some flowers and went to Ellis Island. It was awesome!
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

my advise is keep what you have right now. if they need more say it was hard to get and you thought they would accept what you have. can you double book appointments just in case? like one for january and one for later ? thats a good question actually. anyone?
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

The appointments are booked. If your actually there I dont know if the situation is better. But Newark and philly are booked till 2012. Without the BC of the ancestor your filing through they might not even process an application. A man months ago was on here with the same problem and they turned him down. They might be willing to forget about certain documents but if you dont have the BC for your ancestor proving he even existed then its finished. Or so Ive heard

And as far as I know the only documents over looked sometime were non direct ancestors in the line your applying through
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

Do you recommend mrs alioto? Worked with him before?
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Ive never hired Anthony for anything but spoke to him about 2 or 3 times. He seems very helpful. He is from Italy so he is fluent. Plus the added benefit of a lawyer who you are paying might really get the ball rolling. He can make the proper phone calls to the right offices. Ive had consultations over the phone with him. If you decide to go further then he charges. If you are having problems and at your wits end you might want to call and discuss it with him and see what he can do
VittorioE
Rookie
Rookie

Post by VittorioE »

JP - I did the email thing... and snail mail... and FedEx... I was about to despair when 5 weeks later... the birth certificate just showed up in my mail box... by regular mail... even though I had enclosed a prepaid return FedEx package. Then 3 weeks AFTER THAT... I got ANOTHER copy... this time with the email I had sent attached!

Again - it depends on the Commune... but I think... "they get to it when they get to it... which is still great for us since all we have to do is write a letter... Imagine someone in Italy trying to obtain a birth record from NY State - by just dropping an email!?

Fingers crossed and keep us updated!!

VE
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JPMessina44 »

VE- thanks for the thoughts! I am really hoping that is what will happen. It would be like XMAS in October or November. My comune specifically said don't include postage pre-paid, but I did write emails to Siracusa, specifically the Comune Buccheri, Catania and specifically the comune in Catania called Sant'Antonio.

I would love for it to just show up, I dont need them to even acknowledge my presence, so long they send me the BC I need! :) It would be cool for them to write me though!

I'm certainly hoping!! Ill keep posted