del Giudice, judice, alt family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pink67
Master
Master

Re: del Giudice, judice, alt family

Post by pink67 »

Possible death dates for Peter??

Social Security Death Index
about Pete Judice
Name: Pete Judice
SSN: 077-12-XXXX
Last Residence: 11420 Jamaica, Queens, New York, United States of America
Born: 11 Feb 1884
Died: Nov 1966
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951)

maybe sons Joseph and John?

about Joseph Judice
Name: Joseph Judice
SSN: 063-12-XXXX
Born: 1 Sep 1920
Died: May 1978

U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006
about Joseph F Judice
Name: Joseph F Judice
Service Info.: PVT US ARMY WORLD WAR II
Birth Date: 1 Sep 1920
Death Date: 7 May 1978
Service Start Date: 13 Nov 1942
Interment Date: 11 May 1978
Cemetery: Long Island National Cemetery
Cemetery Address: 2040 Wellwood Avenue Farmingdale, NY 11735-1211
Buried At: Section 2d Site 2409

his wife:

U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006
about Pauline F Judice
Name: Pauline F Judice
Service Info.: PFC US ARMY
Birth Date: 7 Jan 1922
Death Date: 2 Mar 1978
Relation: Wife of Judice, John S
Interment Date: 13 Mar 1978
Cemetery: Long Island National Cemetery
Cemetery Address: 2040 Wellwood Avenue Farmingdale, NY 11735-1211
Buried At: Section 3f Site 519

about John Judice
Name: John Judice
SSN: 077-12-XXXX
Last Residence: 11735 Farmingdale, Nassau, New York, United States of America
Born: 8 Nov 1918
Last Benefit: 11758 Massapequa, Nassau, New York, United States of America
Died: Apr 1980

You can request the application Peter used to ask for the SSN number because you can fin on it these dates:

from: http://genealogy.about.com/od/online_re ... equest.htm

•Full name
•Full name at birth, including maiden name
•Present mailing address
•Age at last birthday
•Date of birth
•Place of birth (city, county, State)
•Father's full name
•Mother's full name, including maiden name
•Sex
•Race as indicated by the applicant
•Whether the applicant ever applied for Social Security or Railroad Retirement before
•Current employer's name and address
•Date signed
•Applicant's signature

Application form request:

http://genealogy.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi= ... t/main.jsp

you can search the SSDI here:

http://stevemorse.org/ssdi/ssdi.html

Laura :D
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Is this John Judice's burial ?

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... id=5071029&

Laura

edit to add:

Newspaper article about Frank A. Judice, wounded on 1944
Article: 6 from this area listed as Wounded

http://www.fultonhistory.com/Newspaper% ... ehtml&.pdf

another one on 1945:
Article: Wounded

http://www.fultonhistory.com/Newspaper% ... ehtml&.pdf
mjudice

Post by mjudice »

wow your good i peiced the wwII card up myself as well as rafaella rossa i think that may be right i could not get all the info you did off the card info though thank you for pinning that stuff down ima owe you some kinda thank you when alls said and done. so you think the last name was changed either by peter or the government from iodice to judice ? my uncle said something about grandfather changeing the name cause he was fed up with family bothers but my uncles not the best source for info in these matters. keep up the good work im really happy you came across some of the info i already found(after last post) so seems for most part were on same track but it also seems you are able to dicern more info from these same articles then me witch im really thankful for
mjudice

Post by mjudice »

wow your golden ill have to call my uncle again its i think making him happy. my uncles been wanting to trace his family for a long time but hes as i said not very computer inclined so hes giving me all the help he can . as he gets the more important info we have very few family left who would know about peter and before and your like a beacon for my travels down this road it would be a great joy to locate if possable some still living relatives in italy.
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

:D You're welcome mjudice...
I'm really heppy to help here...
But, as I'm italian could you please write in more fluent english because I'm not so good at it.. :oops:
i peiced the wwII card up myself as well as rafaella rossa i think that may be right i could not get all the info you did off the card info though thank you for pinning that stuff down ima owe you some kinda thank you when alls said and done.
I don't understand this phrase....

mjudice

Post by mjudice »

of course im sorry my English is not the best taking a course on it now punctuation is what is at issue ill try to correct it better and be more careful

I put togeather the wwII card myself, as well as rafaella rossa (meaning her name from records) I think that may be right, But I could not get all the info you did off the card. Thank you so much for clearing up the info from the cards for me. I owe you some kinda thank you when this is said and done.

i would use the google translator but from what i gather its just so so for translating full context though you may find it useful in translating stuff at times if you like i can start typing it in English and include a Google translated version on the bottom half into italian if it helps. i put a sample below of how it would look

in itlaian
di im ovviamente dispiace il mio inglese non è la migliore frequenza di un corso su di esso ora la punteggiatura è ciò che è in questione mal cercare di correggere meglio e stare più attento

Ho messo Togeather la carta me la Seconda Guerra Mondiale, come pure rossa Rafaella (che significa il suo nome da record) penso che possa essere giusta, ma non ho potuto ottenere tutte le informazioni che avete fatto fuori la carta. La ringrazio tanto per chiarire le informazioni dalle carte per me. Vi devo ringraziare alcuni kinda quando questo è stato detto e fatto.

Vorrei usare il traduttore di Google, ma da quanto ho capito il suo giusto così tanto per la traduzione di contesto completo anche se potrebbe essere utile nella traduzione di roba, a volte, se vuole, posso iniziare a scrivere in inglese e includono una versione di Google tradotto nella metà inferiore in italiano se aiuta. Ho messo un campione al di sotto di quanto sarebbe look

tell me if this makes any more sense for you
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Oh... I understand english pretty good, sometimes I don't understand the abbreviations etc...

About Raffaella, the correct lastname was Russo.

I advice you to ask for the Application of the SSN for Peter, you'll find at least his exact birth place, so you can confirm it was Portico di Caserta or not....

I wasn't able to find traces of Peter's Naturalization Papers on Ancestry.com, I know there are some members here with a Footnote.com Account, I hope someone will jump here and help you with this document too...

it was more than common for immigrants to "americanize" their first and lastnames, Peter is the correspondent of Pietro....
Maybe Iodice was simply mispelled....

Laura
mjudice

Post by mjudice »

YES IM HOPEING THAT MY UNCLE CAN FIND THE INFO HE TOLD ME ABOUT SOMETHING ABOUT A PICTURE AND PERHAPS HIS direct pappers he s kind of messy though so might not happen ill be calling him later this eve
mjudice

Post by mjudice »

on that one post you put down pietros naturalization marks what do thoses mean and how can i use them to search further
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

mjudice

Post by mjudice »

still waiting on mu uncles input hope you are still following this thred after i get more info im hopeing we can take it farther
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

The mormons microfilmed the Civil Registration of the Town of Portico di Caserta:

Title Registri dello stato civile di Portico di Caserta (Caserta), 1820-1929
Authors Portico di Caserta (Caserta). Ufficio dello stato civile (Main Author)

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... +Portico+d &columns=*,0,0

You can contact your nearest Family History center and rent (for example) this Film:

Nati, pubblicazioni, matrimoni, morti, cittadinanze 1884-1910
FHL INTL
Film 1801839 Items 1-2

Births, Marriage Banns, deaths, Citizenships, 1884-1910

if all these "deductions" were right, then you'll find Pietro Iodice/Jodice birth act....

Here you can find your nearest Family history center:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp

here you can find the town microfilmed:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0

This could be an "easy" way to determine if the birth town is correct, or you can send the request for the SSN application:
I advice you to ask for the Application of the SSN for Peter, you'll find at least his exact birth place, so you can confirm it was Portico di Caserta or not....
http://genealogy.about.com/od/online_re ... equest.htm

mjudice

Post by mjudice »

my aunt ( my mothers sister) is mormon and i believe already looking in micro films for her line ill ask her to check on my fathers past as well while shes their still waitin g on my uncle hes my only connection now as both my parents are dead and my grandfather and mother died when i was very young i think in a way im doing this to sortqa still have them all with me
mjudice

Post by mjudice »

the records place is not far from where i live i may just go and see for myself
mjudice

Post by mjudice »

pink67 wrote:Found a January 1914 arrival manifest for a Raffaela Russo, age 19, single, from Santa Maria Capua Vetere (Caserta Province - Campania region) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Maria_Capua_Vetere , going to Brooklyn to join her uncle and aunt Cavallaro? living on 28 Congress Street -
Possible she was Pietro's wife??
i found New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 Record for Raffaela Russio where it lists her as goin g to see father giuseppe russo but i cant clearly read it