Italian census???

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Ricky1016

Italian census???

Post by Ricky1016 »

Do they have censuses in Italy...and if so, how do you get to them? I know there are birth/death records now...that would probably provide parents' names and that...but how would you get siblings?
sheronb
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Italian census???

Post by sheronb »

I have been given by an Italian researcher 4 registration of population, this is rather like a census, it was made in a certain year, and added to, births, deaths ect.... they show the head of the family, his father, whether dead or alive, at that time, the mothers name, her father, children, and in cases their spouses, sometimes dates of marriage, i have had 2 where grandchildren are living there as well, they are really great documents, but i really dont know how you would obtain them, say, without a researcher? someone else would know, mine are from the Frosinone area of Lazio., and started abt 1865, the latest date i have on one, is a birth in 1909, from what i gather there is other types of census taken after this date.
Tuzi/Lombardozzi/Polsinelli/Tersigni/La Rocca/Gismondi from Sora,Frosinone.