by louis41
06 May 2007, 03:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Getting birth certificate from Italy
Replies: 8
Views: 7924

Re: Getting birth certificate from Italy

Valarie,
Thanks so much for the info. I will send it off on Monday and hope for the best.

Louis
by louis41
06 May 2007, 01:21

Re: Getting birth certificate from Italy

I know this is an old question for many of you, but right now it has become the most important thing I need to know. I'm surprised that no-one has yet responded. I need to know how to send for a copy of my grandparents birth certificates in their respective home towns in Italy. Please some one give ...
by louis41
05 May 2007, 13:49

Getting birth certificate from Italy

Hi Everyone. I need a little guidance please. I have finally found the birth place of my great-grandfather. He was born in Berceto Italy. A town between Parma and Genova. I have a dob of 1857 and the month & day could be 3 Feb, but not positive. Can you tell me the easiest way to get a copy of h...
by louis41
04 May 2007, 16:44
Topic: Surname Ianelli
Replies: 2
Views: 3076

Re: Surname Ianelli

Thanks for the hello. Hope someone finds me that can give me some info about the family.

Louis
by louis41
04 May 2007, 03:37
Topic: Surname Ianelli
Replies: 2
Views: 3076

Surname Ianelli

I thought I was the only one doing a search on my family and discovered a long lost link of the family on this site. What a shock to find the people way out on the west coast who I most thought I would never get in touch with. This site is such a wonderful place to have found. This post is just to g...
by louis41
29 Apr 2007, 20:06
Topic: Need help with a surname
Replies: 12
Views: 7582

Re: Need help with a surname

Suanj, Thanks for your input. The info you found for that name looks pretty good. I know that the family I am looking for spent time in the Palm Beach area, so this could be them. I will check this out with other info I have to follow-up on and hope you are right. So far the dob for Virginia matches...
by louis41
29 Apr 2007, 19:59

Mike, Thanks for getting in touch. You are right about the one I am looking for having everyone calling him Marty. Maybe finally I can find him somewhere else. I also just got the address where they lived in Lavelette, NJ. I was there many times as a kid, but couldn't remember the street name. Found...
by louis41
20 Apr 2007, 15:00
Topic: My trip to Italy
Replies: 5
Views: 4737

Re: My trip to Italy

Well, they were cousins of my father, so I know I will be looking into them a little in the near future. If I find they are from that area I will get back in touch and let you have what I find. If you find they are related to you, please let me know and perhaps we can share info. Lou_ianelli@hotmail...
by louis41
19 Apr 2007, 02:45
Topic: how can I search for an address
Replies: 1
Views: 2084

how can I search for an address

My great-grandfather Luigi came here 13 May 1902, from Havre, France through New York. His name was misspelled on the manifest as Yamelli instead of Ianelli. He was listed as coming to visit his sister Louisia Ianelli on the ships manifest. It said she lived at what looked like 100 N Fallon St. in P...
by louis41
19 Apr 2007, 02:11
Topic: My trip to Italy
Replies: 5
Views: 4737

Re: My trip to Italy

Conti831,
Are you by any chance related to the Conti family that operated a restaurant called Casa Conti in Glenside, PA in the 50's, 60's & 70's? The owner was Joseph Conti, brother of Lazzare Conti dob abt 1889.

Louis
by louis41
17 Apr 2007, 20:24

Thanks VJ. I'll give that one a try ans let you know how I make out.

Louis
by louis41
17 Apr 2007, 18:01

No problem Ryan. I appreciate any help or guidance that you can give me on this, as I am still pretty new at it. Only started about 4 months ago. You are correct about Mario. The only thing I know is that he was married to my father's aunt and only found out his name the other day when I found the c...
by louis41
17 Apr 2007, 17:03

Thanks VJ. I have that census image as I indicated in my original post. The problem is that I am unsure of the correct spelling, because it is a little fuzzy on the 3rd, 4th and 7th letter in the last name. I have not been able to find any other reference for that name in any of the different ways o...
by louis41
17 Apr 2007, 13:26

Wiseguy, Thanks much for that info. I was aware of the difference in the spelling on the manifest and census for my great-grandfather and have found them all except Celestine's arrival manifest. Never thought of that way to spell Celestine. Will remember that one for future searches. My real problem...
by louis41
17 Apr 2007, 00:40

Need help with a surname

In the 1930 census, Enumeration District 51-344 Sheet 16A lines 21 thru 24 are my relatives. Line 21 & 26 is my great-grandfather Louis & his wife Celestine. Line 23 is his daughter Virginia & 24 her husband Mario. I am having a problem determining the correct spelling of Virginia & ...