Search found 51 matches

by HughTornabene
13 Nov 2009, 13:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Catania, Sicilia.
Replies: 11
Views: 8796

Catania, Sicilia.

In Catania is an old church: Chiesa di Santa Maria di Gesù. This church has two chapels, one of them is the Tornabene Chapel. The other is the Paterno Castello chapel, and the two families intermarried long ago. There just HAS to be some writing on the walls of the Tornabene chapel concerning my re...
by HughTornabene
13 Nov 2009, 12:31
Topic: Troia family from Palermo, Sicily
Replies: 40
Views: 54058

Re: Troia family from Palermo, Sicily

Hi Frank, There were plenty of Troia (Troja) families in the City of Palermo. Here are their marriages between 1820 and 1895. On each line are the names, in order, of: Family, The Spouse, father, mother, district, date, reference, Other spouse. Hugh Troia, Mariano, Andrea, Di blajo Anna, Resattana, ...
by HughTornabene
13 Nov 2009, 11:25
Topic: Pitti family in 15th century Florence
Replies: 6
Views: 11355

Re: Pitti family in 15th century Florence

I wonder if you have visited the on-line database that includes births for the Pitti family in Florence back in and around the 15th century. here is the url. http://www.stg.brown.edu/projects/tratte/search/genealogy.php this is one of a whole complex of data bases on the site. Here below is the Pitt...
by HughTornabene
13 Nov 2009, 04:10
Topic: INDICE delle NASCITE, Citta di Palermo
Replies: 17
Views: 13730

Re: INDICE delle NASCITE, Citta di Palermo

Joann
The film number is
Attached is a cleaned up version of part of the specific page.
I hope you can see it, I can't.
Hugh
by HughTornabene
12 Nov 2009, 05:18

Hi Joann, OK. Here come some of my sins. Those years are most likely 1901 and 1903. O is often turned into 11. The Scali, as you say is a Scalidi with the di eaten by a glitch in the program which I only noticed towards the end of the run. And Scafidi could easily be read as scalidi by the OCR. soft...
by HughTornabene
11 Nov 2009, 21:10

Thank you also for your encouraging remarks Wild-one. The momentum that I kept going over the past months, producing this and my other database, I am gently allowing to die down. Later I will get back into the doing the second edition to this Births database, cleaning up what to me are glaring mista...
by HughTornabene
11 Nov 2009, 15:51

Thank you all for the heartwarming reception.
all the five star generals, wow.
and to James, for his suggestion, which I will follow up on.
Hugh
by HughTornabene
10 Nov 2009, 21:24

INDICE delle NASCITE, Citta di Palermo

I have just published a .txt (TEXT) and an .xls (EXCEL) version of
INDICE delle NASCITE 1996 to 1905 in the City of Palermo.

It contains 99,001 Births. Each with Father, mother, Child and Date.
at

http://sites.google.com/site/palermobirths/

Free.
Hugh Tornabene
by HughTornabene
23 Jul 2009, 02:55
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Palermo City, Sicily
Replies: 23
Views: 33578

Re: Palermo City, Sicily

Hello Nuccia, Good to hear from you, and that you have a data-base for us, on the way. I hope you are not put off by the chatter of OCR errors which plague my data-base. My only excuse being that for a such a large data-base its worth it. I took the opportunity, since I wanted to tell you about it, ...
by HughTornabene
21 Jul 2009, 14:08
Topic: Catanzaro/Ruffo
Replies: 22
Views: 19246

Re: Catanzaro/Ruffo

Hi Edecatan, Here is what those other names signify. Giuseppe Catanzaro got married. Paulo Catanzaro was his father. Domenica (nee Guiotta) Catanzaro was his mother. The district of Palermo City was Molo. The marriage date was 19 October 1855. The original record is in volume 355, number 180. Rosa F...
by HughTornabene
21 Jul 2009, 13:49

Hi Vincenzo, I hope this message buzzes you and you get to see it. You might well have been the first visitor to my Palermo Marriages site, from Palermo itself. Which is very heart warming for me. I watch my visitors, reported each morning from the day before, on Google Analytics. I now have a trick...
by HughTornabene
14 Jun 2009, 14:05

Hi Tonal, As you say, the files are very large. The same information, in smaller pieces, may be found at my other site http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tornabene/index8.htm There the files are in TEXT (.txt) format and also have been subdivided. The advantage of the very large EXCEL...
by HughTornabene
13 Jun 2009, 10:08

Sure Lee, go right ahead.
Hugh
by HughTornabene
12 Jun 2009, 19:01

Hello Jim and companions and thank you for your encouraging response. My dream is to complete the set of three indexes for Palermo. Marriages, Births and Deaths 1820 to 1895 (+ Births only, to 1905). All the basic information has already been type written and published by those energetic Palermitani...
by HughTornabene
11 Jun 2009, 21:21

Palermo City, Sicily

I have completed the transcription of the marriage record index for the City of Palermo in Sicily. It can be seen at http://sites.google.com/site/palermomarriages/ It is somewhat roughcaste, with a good number of OCR errors. However this database is enormous, and if you have any connections into Pal...