Search found 14 matches

by Nikki4189
22 Apr 2011, 18:38
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Coming to America
Replies: 9
Views: 2626

Coming to America

I have had many relatives that have come here from Sicily and Italy. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they had to go through to get here. How long was the trip. (late 1800's very early 1900's). What kind of conditions did they have to deal with? How much luggage could you bring? I have s...
by Nikki4189
18 Apr 2011, 11:38
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Sicily
Replies: 2
Views: 1269

Sicily

I was wondering if you would be able to answer this question for me. I found this online... Founded in 1752 by Giuseppe Emanuele Ventimiglia, the town "BELMONTE MEZZAGNO" was burned down in 1848 by the Bourbons in order to punish the inhabitants for their part in the revolutionary uprising...
by Nikki4189
18 Apr 2011, 10:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Last name origin
Replies: 4
Views: 3967

Last name origin

My family's last name is Bottino. While doing research, ancestry.com tells me that it comes from Botto which comes from Botta which comes from Botte. I know my family has had this last name for many generations. I know last names were given based on certain aspects of that person's life, region, or ...
by Nikki4189
18 Apr 2011, 04:14
Topic: Giovannina Asciutto/Bottino
Replies: 3
Views: 1025

Giovannina Asciutto/Bottino

LONG SHOT... I am looking for information on Giovannina/Giovanna Asciutto or Bottino. (Bottino was her married name). My great grandfather married her first and had children by her, and then left her to be with her sister who is my great grandmother. No one knows why or how, but i'm looking for reco...
by Nikki4189
26 Feb 2011, 03:11
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Record Translation
Replies: 5
Views: 2942

Re: Record Translation

I dont mean to be a pain but this record is the first record anyone in my family has ever been able to get a hold of. The information in this, is information even my oldest relatives never knew of. Is there any more legible information or dates that can help me go back further?
by Nikki4189
26 Feb 2011, 03:00

Re: Record Translation

Thank you for translating that so quickly.
Although I am a big confused.

Giuseppe age 36 and Rosaria Lepanto age 27 gave birth to a son by the name of Giuseppe on October 1, 1867.
Giuseppe age 36 had a father by the name of Stefano
Rosaria Lepanto age 27 had a father by the name of Giuseppe?
by Nikki4189
26 Feb 2011, 02:33

Record Translation

Would Anybody be able to translate this for me. I know its very old and hard to read but I would appreciate any information you could translate from it. Thank you so much [/b]part 1 http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i446/nikki4189/?action=view&current=GiuseppeScreenshotpt1.png part 2 http://s1...
by Nikki4189
26 Feb 2011, 01:18
Topic: Please Help Translating Giuseppe Bottino Information
Replies: 4
Views: 2875

Please Help Translating Giuseppe Bottino Information

Thanks to a fellow italiangenealogy member, I now have what I believe to be a record for my great grandfather Giuseppe Bottino. However due to language barriers I cannot understand it in its entirety. Would Anyone allow me to email them the record, seeing as i am having trouble attaching it. Thank y...
by Nikki4189
19 Feb 2011, 15:14
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Belmonte Mezzagno, Sicily
Replies: 22
Views: 8706

Belmonte Mezzagno, Sicily

I know this is such a long shot.... My great grandparents both came to America from Belmonte Mezzagno, Sicily. Unfortunately the trail stops there. I know they must have had brothers and sisters and my wish is to find out the names of my great great grandparents. My question is, how do I go about re...
by Nikki4189
23 Jun 2010, 13:26
Topic: ROSE BOTTINO
Views: 3020

Re: ROSE BOTTINO

No unfortunately thats not their census. My nana wasnt yet born in the 1930 census, so I was able to find her families. They were under BEATTINO, which is a mispell. However I looked under every possible mispelling of her last name and NODDA. How could ancestry or the other websites not have here? a...
by Nikki4189
23 Jun 2010, 12:31
Topic: ROSE BOTTINO
Views: 3020

ROSE BOTTINO

I have been DESPERATELY trying to find a record of my Nana's birth. She is the youngest child and the rest of her brothers and sisters birth certificates are found easily online. Her maiden name was Rose Bottino. She was born April 21st, 1930. Most likely in Streator, IL or Chicago, IL. I am so desp...
by Nikki4189
18 Jun 2010, 23:49
Topic: ASCIUTTO // BOTTINO
Replies: 39
Views: 15451

ASCIUTTO // BOTTINO

Looking for ANY information on my great grandmother Josephine/ Giuseppina ASCIUTTO or grandfather Joseph/Giuseppe BOTTINO. They came from italy and made it to Illinois where the settled in Streator, and then my grandmother made it to Chicago. They had 9+ kids. We dont know much at all about their b...
by Nikki4189
18 Jun 2010, 23:48
Topic: ASCIUTTO // BOTTINO
Replies: 1
Views: 1761

ASCIUTTO // BOTTINO

Looking for ANY information on my great grandmother Josephine/ Giuseppina ASCIUTTO or grandfather Joseph/Giuseppe BOTTINO. They came from italy and made it to Illinois where the settled in Streator, and then my grandmother made it to Chicago. They had 9+ kids. We dont know much at all about their b...