Search found 25 matches

by jbp1966
31 Jul 2015, 17:26
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Passport appointment July, 2015!
Replies: 3
Views: 5094

Re: Passport appointment July, 2015!

It is done. Passport appointment was yesterday (30/07/15) and it was a success. I'm now an Italian / EU Passport holder.
by jbp1966
28 May 2015, 20:18
Topic: Passport appointment July, 2015!
Replies: 3
Views: 5094

Passport appointment July, 2015!

It's been awhile since I have been active on this site, but I wanted to share that I have an appointment with the Italian Consulate in Houston. I started this process around this time, 2009, and it has been frustrating as anything I've ever encountered, but worth the hassle and delays. The biggest s...
by jbp1966
27 Jan 2011, 15:18
Topic: The USCIS waiting game
Replies: 4
Views: 2400

Re: The USCIS waiting game

Jerry, thanks for weighing in. You're correct - the consulate just needs to see the certificate and make a copy to submit with my paperwork. Unfortunately, my father will not allow them to make a copy of his certificate. I'm actually going to the USCIS office in Houston next week to ask them if this...
by jbp1966
23 Jan 2011, 14:50

Re: The USCIS waiting game

Carmine, many thanks for your reply. 1) My late aunt had to request a copy of her Certificate of Naturalization in 2007. It took her nearly 18 months to get her replacement copy so I'm aware the USCIS is notoriously slow. However, I had hope that my father's application wouldn't be long to process s...
by jbp1966
23 Jan 2011, 01:29

The USCIS waiting game

Greetings, In May 2010 my father submitted a request to the USCIS (Nebraska office) for a copy of his Certificate of Naturalization (according to the Italian Consulate in Houston, TX, this is the last document I need to submit for my citizenship). My father received a letter around June 15th stating...
by jbp1966
10 Apr 2010, 23:22
Topic: Today I received my Italian Citizenship!
Replies: 19
Views: 12623

Re: Today I received my Italian Citizenship!

jcira -

Google "dual italian american citizenship".
by jbp1966
09 Apr 2010, 17:31
Topic: My first real document challenges
Replies: 5
Views: 4687

Re: My first real document challenges

Harris County retains Marriage License Applications and I just returned from the county clerk's office and got a copy of my Marriage License Application. Apostille and translation are next! Getting these last two documents completes my list of required documents. I can request an appointment to subm...
by jbp1966
09 Apr 2010, 17:25
Topic: Beware in Texas...marriage license not good enough for Citiz
Views: 6347

Re: Beware in Texas...marriage license not good enough for C

I got lucky - Harris County retains Marriage License Applications on film! I just returned from the county clerks office and was able to get a copy of my Marriage License Application! Apostille and translations are next!
by jbp1966
09 Apr 2010, 12:08

Fantastic news for you! Glad you got your citizenship! Thanks for the information.

-jbp
by jbp1966
08 Apr 2010, 23:59

I'm in the same situation. I need a copy of my Marriage License Application. Did the consulate accept the notarized and apostilled letter you drafted?

Thanks,

jbp
by jbp1966
08 Apr 2010, 23:31

Missouri issued birth certificate issue is resolved: I spoke with the Vital Records office and they said to request a copy of the "long form" birth certificate. Placed my order about 2 hours ago. It costs the same as the "short form" birth record, which makes me wonder why bother...
by jbp1966
08 Apr 2010, 19:30

#1: My father went to the DHSS office in Jeff City and got my birth certificate and mailed it to me. I'm at a loss as to why the certificate omits the city of birth. I just looked at the Application for copy of Birth or Death Certification and the form asks what city the person was born in. Vexing t...
by jbp1966
08 Apr 2010, 18:10

My first real document challenges

I met with the Consulate officer in Houston today to go over the documents that I have to see if everything checked out. They do not. The docs I thought might be a problem were not, and the 2 docs I considered to be in order were not. Here are the details: 1) My birth certificate: The state I was bo...
by jbp1966
05 Apr 2010, 18:02
Topic: How to know when your citizenship has been approved by Italy
Replies: 38
Views: 22015

Re: How to know when your citizenship has been approved by I

cdevita, thanks for the info. I've visited the Deputy Commissioner 2 or 3 times since July '09, and was told to request via email an appointment when I had everything. I've heard through a few people the Houston Consulate works quickly and is one of the better consulates to go through. I'm not in a ...
by jbp1966
05 Apr 2010, 17:00
Topic: How to know when your citizenship has been approved by Italy
Replies: 38
Views: 22015

Re: How to know when your citizenship has been approved by I

Does anyone have any information on how efficiently/quickly the Houston, TX consulate operates? As instructed by the Deputy Commissioner, once my paperwork was in order (collected, translated, apostille stamped), I emailed the Commissioner yesterday requesting an appointment to submit the paperwork....