Search found 16 matches

by RobertAldo
23 Aug 2011, 13:06
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need Help Reading a Marriage Record
Replies: 2
Views: 746

Re: Need Help Reading a Marriage Record

Thank you very much. If I come across anything else I can't figure out (and I'm pretty sure I will) I'll post it again. You have been very helpful and I appreciate the help. Bob.
by RobertAldo
23 Aug 2011, 00:04
Replies: 3
Views: 927

Re: Need Help Reading a Marriage Record

Thanks. I tried what you said and I reposted it under a different post but with the same subject line. It seems to have worked.
by RobertAldo
23 Aug 2011, 00:01
Replies: 2
Views: 746

Need Help Reading a Marriage Record

I have attached a link to a portion of a marriage record from 1870. The town is Torella dei Lombardi. Here is part of what I think it says in the paragraph that starts on the seventh line: Gaetano Francesco Saverio Iannacchino di anni Ventisette nato, domiciliato e residente nel Comune di ??????????...
by RobertAldo
22 Aug 2011, 20:12
Replies: 3
Views: 927

Need Help Reading a Marriage Record

I wanted to submit the message below, but when I try to upload the jpg file I get a message that says: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached. I sent a message to the administrator asking for help, but I didn't get a response. Can anyone help me figure out how to get the jpg file loaded ...
by RobertAldo
15 May 2011, 01:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Aldorisio Family Torella dei Lombardi
Replies: 20
Views: 14955

Re: Aldorisio Family Torella dei Lombardi

In the 2 years since that original posting I have learned a tremendous amount. I have been reviewing the LDS films as well, although I haven't gotten up to that record yet. Where do you fit in the family tree? Please email me at raldorisio@gmail.com. I now have a family tree with almost 900 names in...
by RobertAldo
25 Aug 2010, 14:19
Topic: How to read Italian Birth Certificates from the 1800s
Replies: 26
Views: 14580

Re: How to read Italian Birth Certificates from the 1800s

As always, you guys are great. I can't thank you enough for all of the help you have given me on this and previous issues. I have a comment and a question. The comment is that the Family History Center computer is loaded with Adobe Acrobat for making pdfs. The next time I go I will see if that softw...
by RobertAldo
25 Aug 2010, 12:05

I have tried to follow the directions provided by lilbees and pasted the link in the body of the message. I had been trying to get the document in as an attachment, but I guess that wasn't right. I hope this works. By the way, when I went to imageshack it would not accept a pdf format. I had to conv...
by RobertAldo
24 Aug 2010, 22:45

I figured out how to convert the file to JPG. When I tried to attach it to my message it then told me that the file size was too big. It says the limit is 256k. Earlier today it told me the limit was 2mb. If you click the link in the area where you add attachments ("Allowed Extensions and Sizes...
by RobertAldo
24 Aug 2010, 20:15

Thank you for the response. I would first like to try uploading the file. I will try to get one of the two types of software you mentioned. Once I do, will it be obvious how to upload the file? It wouldn't let me upload pdf. Do you think I need to try converting the file to some other format? Do you...
by RobertAldo
24 Aug 2010, 19:44

How to read Italian Birth Certificates from the 1800s

I have obtained a number of birth records from the 1860s from microfilm for the community of Torella dei Lombardi. They all appear to say pretty much the same thing, but I have a hard time reading what they say. This is partly because I can't read the handwriting and partly because I don't understan...
by RobertAldo
13 May 2010, 16:00
Topic: Ciliberti from Santomenna
Replies: 5
Views: 3826

Ciliberti from Santomenna

My grandmother's name was Amalia Ciliberti. She came to the US from Santomenna Italy in about 1908. I would like to find information about any relatives that she may have in Italy today or her parents and ancestors. Please post a response if you have any information or have any suggestions of how I ...
by RobertAldo
30 Apr 2009, 23:29

The Angela Pullo manifest doesn't really make sense. If you look at the "passenger record" it says she was 21 years old (born about 1872), other information I have suggests she was born around 1860. I have information that says that she and her son Generoso (Joseph) arrived in March 1890. ...
by RobertAldo
30 Apr 2009, 19:02

Wow! You guys are amazing! When I posted the initial message I was hoping that someone might have one little bit of information that might help me. Instead I have been provided with an incredible wealth of information in less than 24 hours. I really appreciate it. If it is not too much to ask, keep ...
by RobertAldo
30 Apr 2009, 15:06

Valaria, thank you very much for the info. I do not have a site on Ancestry.com, but my cousin Paul Butare does. The 1942 draft card for Joseph Ralph Aldorisio is definitely my grandfather, I have seen it before. Rose is his second wife, I understand that my grandmother (Amalia Giliberti) died in 19...
by RobertAldo
29 Apr 2009, 22:23

Thanks for the replies. Peter, I guess I misspoke a little. I didn't really mean that I was interested in the origin of the name (although that is certainly of interest) I really meant that I was interested in tracing the individuals both forward and backwards from 1890.