Search found 26 matches

by Roccella
21 Nov 2010, 23:09
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Keep Trying Story
Replies: 4
Views: 1834

Re: Keep Trying Story

That's great! I love it! I have some Brooklyn in my past and I am feeling frustrated trying to track it down. Not Italian though :) That's the other side.

Any idea how to find out what Catholic church someone might have attended in the early 1900s based on their address?
by Roccella
08 Jun 2010, 16:57
Topic: SF Consulate Experience??
Views: 3670

Re: SF Consulate Experience??

Well I did a mail-in appt with SF and that is only available if you live out of state while still in their district. It saved tons of money for us. My biggest suggestion is to periodically check their website to see if the requirements have changed. They won't notify you if they do - I had to scroun...
by Roccella
07 Jun 2010, 20:45
Topic: SF Consulate Experience??
Views: 3670

Re: SF Consulate Experience??

SF is wonderful, very nice to deal with. You will not be able to be part of the group application if you do not reside in their district.

You have a few options to keep the expense down - which is "your" consulate?
by Roccella
30 Apr 2010, 17:45
Topic: How to know when your citizenship has been approved by Italy
Replies: 38
Views: 22012

Re: How to know when your citizenship has been approved by I

Does anyone have an email already written in Italian that could be used to check on the status with the Commune? My Italian isn't good enough yet and I would hate to make a mistake. Something like,"I have applied for recognition of my Italian citizenship and I would be very gratetful if you wou...
by Roccella
30 Apr 2010, 05:38
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: 1884 atti di nascita translitteration
Replies: 9
Views: 5767

Re: 1884 atti di nascita translitteration

Employee is anyone that is hired to work at any business.

Clerk is an office-worker, someone who does "paper work", in otherwords, writes or files and does not work with their hands.
by Roccella
30 Apr 2010, 05:20

Wow, you all are *fast* ! Thanks for any and all corrections, I really appreciate it. This is part of a special project for a present for a family member. I am not sure what impiegato means, on the web it says either "employee" or "clerk". Does anyone have a better idea given the...
by Roccella
29 Apr 2010, 23:28

I have to rescan it as a jpeg to upload it to imageshack... will do ASAP. I am interested in getting it correctly translitterated into italian to give to Italian family members.
by Roccella
29 Apr 2010, 23:08

1884 atti di nascita translitteration

I have been working on trying to transcribe my ancestor's birth record, and I have a basic reading knowledge of Italian, as well as some genealogy books. I have done my best, but the handwriting and archaic language is doing me in. I would appreciate any help. I can translate it just fine as long as...
by Roccella
16 Apr 2010, 16:22
Topic: dual citizenship at the Philadelphia Consulate
Replies: 14
Views: 11421

Re: dual citizenship at the Philadelphia Consulate

The xerox copy is all that USCIS gives out. You can also write to NARA and ask for a certified copy of your ancestor's naturalization application paperwork, which is what I did since the cert from USCIS was almost illegibile. Also, people have had good luck requesting the electronic version of the c...
by Roccella
19 Mar 2010, 01:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: looking for company to do some research in Sicily (PA, ME)
Views: 3192

Re: looking for company to do some research in Sicily (PA, M

Ok, so here is the info. I sucessfully submitted an app for jus sanguinis for the other side of my family, and in doing so found out quite a bit about this side. I am trying to research the genealogy of the other italian side just to have as much information as possible, especially now that we are g...
by Roccella
19 Mar 2010, 01:03

Re: looking for company to do some research in Sicily (PA, M

Thanks! I have been trying to do some myself, but my ancestors came from a town which had it's pre-1901 records destroyed according to the Anagrafe, so it just seems so overwhelming and complicated to try the church records. I have two small kids so time is at a premium. I will check out these resou...
by Roccella
16 Mar 2010, 16:37

looking for company to do some research in Sicily (PA, ME)

I am looking for a company to do some genealogical research for me in Sicily. It should be pretty straightforward, this is just for genealogical purposes and not for citizenship (already did that)... but I do need a company that is reliable and that can stick to a deadline. Anybody have any recommen...
by Roccella
16 Mar 2010, 15:23
Topic: Can I apply for Italian citizenship in such a case? plz help
Replies: 2
Views: 1971

Re: Obtaining Italian Citizenship.

Are you sure it can't be corrected? Why don't you list the details.
by Roccella
16 Mar 2010, 00:40
Topic: 1896-1906 Northumberland county PA birth certificates, nat.
Replies: 1
Views: 2253

1896-1906 Northumberland county PA birth certificates, nat.

I am trying to research some family that came over to the Mt. Carmel, Northumberland County, PA about 1889, had kids between 1894-1900, and naturalized 1901-1906. I can't find any indexes to help me out here. I do have the birth date of one of the children but don't know how to go about ordering the...