Search found 15 matches

by cjthibeault
17 Jan 2009, 20:11
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: San Giovanni ?
Replies: 7
Views: 5157

Re: San Giovanni ?

Hello Peter, Thank you so much. I wasn't aware of the castlegarden.org website. On first glance, it appears as thought it could be my gr.grandfather. But it lists his father as 'Vincenzo'. His name (as far as I know through the obituary) was Aldor. It is also possible that I'm not correctly reading ...
by cjthibeault
16 Jan 2009, 17:11

Re: San Giovanni ?

Hi Peter, Sorry about that. The first name was Antonio, and he came here in 1906, and was born in 1895 (so he was 10 or 11 when he came). Parents were Aldor and Lucia. Aldor and Lucia did not come on the ship, just Antonio. I've searched at Ellis Island and Ancestry, and while I've found lots of Ant...
by cjthibeault
16 Jan 2009, 16:41

San Giovanni ?

Hello Everyone, I'm trying to track down where my gr.grandfather came from. I have 3 pieces of information to go by: 1. Family lore says that side of the family was Sicilian 2. The obituaries state that he was from Campobasso 3. His WW1 WW2 registration cards indicated "San Giovanni, Italy"...
by cjthibeault
13 Jan 2009, 22:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Which films to start with? (Fornelli)
Replies: 3
Views: 3238

Re: Which films to start with? (Fornelli)

I can't believe that I didn't see those birth records for 1899 when I looked at the list, but I ended up ordering this film anyway as I thought it was likely to contain the marriage of her parents. I also ordered the 1855-1861 and 1862-1865 marriage films. I was told they should be here in 2-3 weeks...
by cjthibeault
13 Jan 2009, 12:19
Topic: Which films to start with? (Fornelli)
Replies: 3
Views: 3238

Which films to start with? (Fornelli)

Hello Everyone, So I'm going to order some films from LDS, and I've already stumbled onto my first problem. I have basic birth information for two of my ancestors from Fornelli. My gr.gr.grandmother was born in 1867, and her daughter, born in 1899. I know the names of the gr.gr.gr.grandparents (one ...
by cjthibeault
09 Jan 2009, 14:09
Topic: Carbone/Grande/Sinerchia/Petrarca Help Needed...
Replies: 12
Views: 7680

Re: Carbone/Grande/Sinerchia/Petrarca Help Needed...

Hello Again, I'm back with some good news, and some questions. First, the good news... For a long time, I've asked my grandmother (who is very old, and had a stroke a few years ago) for any photo albums that she might have. She told me that she didn't have any. I knew this was false, but she has bee...
by cjthibeault
30 Dec 2008, 03:48

Thank you. I've looked more into this, and I've got a couple of questions. First, is there a way to access any of these records without visiting one of their centers? There are 2 centers within reasonable driving distance from me, but they have very limited hours, and in general, I can't be there wh...
by cjthibeault
27 Dec 2008, 08:55

I have sent a request for the SSI information about 2 months ago (when I located a copy of his obituary). I have not heard back yet. Is an obituary considered sufficient evidence of death? I believe that Elvira ws never naturualized. Her children were all born in the US. I have not sent any requests...
by cjthibeault
27 Dec 2008, 06:48

I don't believe that they ever came to the US. Regina and Elvira came over in 1914. Giovanni apparently came earlier. I've not been able to find one for Antonio...
by cjthibeault
27 Dec 2008, 02:33

Carbone/Grande/Sinerchia/Petrarca Help Needed...

Hello Everyone, Some time ago, some people on this board were very helpful when I hit a brick wall on my Italian side. I've made a bit more progress, but I've once again found myself in a position where I can go no further without a little help. I've linked to the old thread below. Here is what I've...
by cjthibeault
29 Jul 2008, 03:51
Topic: Looking for Carboni and Petrarka (Petraska?).
Views: 9377

Re: Looking for Carboni and Petrarka (Petraska?).

Good news!

I took this information to an Aunt. The name Fornelli sounded familiar to her. I now know for certain that this is where they came from. Thank you so much for getting me started.

-Chris
by cjthibeault
28 Jul 2008, 05:15

Thank you so much. I think you are on exactly the right track with these. Did you find all of these using only Ancestry.com? As I learned in your other post, I now know that I can use wildcards in the search fields. But even with that, I'm not getting the results that you are finding. Would you min...
by cjthibeault
26 Jul 2008, 22:44

And if I could just ask a few clarifiying questions: 1. Where would this 'San Giovanni' be? I found several places with 'San Giovanni' in the name. 2. About the surnames, you are saying that she was born Regina Grande to parents with the last name Grande, and married Unknown Petrarka. But in Italy, ...
by cjthibeault
26 Jul 2008, 22:19

Hi vj, Thank you so much. That is almost certainly them. Their eldest daughter, Rosie (alternatively seen as Rossi on some documents) is probably the one listed as Rosena. And thank you also for the WW1 registration card. May I ask: where did you find these? I've been searching on Ancestry.com's rec...
by cjthibeault
26 Jul 2008, 20:31

Looking for Carboni and Petrarka (Petraska?).

Hello Everyone, While I have made great progress in researching my French-Canadian ancestry, I have gotten nowhere when looking at the Italian side of the family. I've searched everything I can using Ancestry.com, but I've turned up next to nothing. Could anyone help, or at least get me started? My ...