Search found 11 matches

by nanjm
12 Jan 2009, 23:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: alvino
Replies: 5
Views: 3936

Re: alvino family name

Thanks for all your responses!! She is not related to Sal Mutone. I don't believe her parents ever came to the USA and am unsure of their names, however I was informed that her parents names were Graziara Diana and Gialmondo Alvino from Avelino. I believe that Concettina was born in 'Avellino Italy ...
by nanjm
11 Jan 2009, 01:34
Topic: alvino
Replies: 5
Views: 3936

alvino

Looking for the ship that Concettina -Concetta Alvino came on.
She was born in 1891/2 in Avellino Italy, immigrated in 1910 (wondered if she wasn't on a Boston passenger list?) as i have been unable to find her on Ellis Island list, but don't have access to the boston list.
by nanjm
16 Feb 2008, 19:22
Topic: looking for information on Concettina Alvino
Replies: 17
Views: 10457

Re: looking for information on Concettina Alvino

Thanks so much for all you help... I now wonder how many other family members came to the Boston? I was told that Concettina had a large family. If it is possible can we find Alphonso families manifest as I am still trying to locate the mother's surname as it to difficult to read the mothers surname...
by nanjm
16 Feb 2008, 03:38

Thank you for the information from the manifest.and the draft cards . It looks like prinzess irene is probably the ship he came on. Can anyone read the name and address of the relative that Carmine was going to visit AND the name and address of nearest relative in the country whence alien came. Also...
by nanjm
14 Feb 2008, 03:40

It says she is meeting her brother in law, Donato ( I can't make out the last name) POR ? in Connecticut. Did she have a sister? I am not sure of any sisters living in the USA, but know her brother Carmen or Carmine lived with them in the (1930 census) in Boston MA. I would like help in locating he...
by nanjm
14 Feb 2008, 02:48

Is this manifest a possibility? http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passRecord.asp?pID=100930020288 Thanks again. I do not believe that is her as the birth date would be different than listed on her passport. I don't believe her father came to the USA as listed as who she was going to meet?? Are ther...
by nanjm
14 Feb 2008, 01:26

Thanks so much for the passport information which will be helpful
I was unaware that she brought her mother to the US
by nanjm
14 Feb 2008, 00:38

looking for information on Concettina Alvino

Researching the name Alvino and looking specifically for Concettina, my grandmother. I have checked Ellis island and Ancestry.com and am unable to locate any information on what ship she came on. I believe she is from Naples Italy also looking for names of her parents She married a Charles B. Mortal...
by nanjm
26 Sep 2006, 04:55
Topic: restachini surname
Replies: 11
Views: 9557

Re: restachini surname

Thanks for all you help. I think, but am not sure that is the correct manifest. I do not know where they lived between 1886 and 1909. They may have lived in Illinois I do know from 1910 on they lived in Boston on North Street. They changed there name to Louis and Mary in 1920. I have a birthdate for...
by nanjm
23 Sep 2006, 05:50

Re: restachini surname

Are you sure it is Restachini?? Nothing seems to come up doing a surname search... Could it be R e s t e g h i n i ??? There are many with this surname coming from Bardi... and Gravago.... If you want us to take a look at the marriage document, I'm sure someone here knows how to read Italian.... lo...
by nanjm
18 Sep 2006, 07:34

restachini surname

Just wondering if anyone has any informatin on the surname Restachini
This surname is listed on a family marriage certificate