05 Jul 2007, 13:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Family from Montemileto
Replies: 67
Views: 47068

Re: Family from Montemileto

nuccia wrote:John..

I also just sent you a PM.
Hi Nuccia. Got your PM and sent you back the info.

Enjoy,
John
by jj_nycguy
03 Jul 2007, 03:04

Hi Kathy. I sent you a PM with the information you need to get to my genealogy website.

Best Regards,
John
by jj_nycguy
02 Jul 2007, 13:20

I have Frongillo, Colella, Capone and Ragno in my family tree. The Bil Fragnillo mentioned in a post is actually my g-grandfather Basilio Frangillo who was in NJ. Giovanna was his sister. I'm just getting familiar with this site but I see a number of connections from Montemiletto. I have the tapes ...
by jj_nycguy
17 May 2007, 13:14
Topic: Montemiletto, AV
Replies: 0
Views: 2344

Montemiletto, AV

Does anyone know if this address exists? If so, where exactly is it since I cannot find it on a map of Montemiletto. This is supposed to be the address of my g-gm.

Thanks,
John

Vico Storte #2
83038 Montemiletto (AV)
ITALY
by jj_nycguy
14 May 2007, 19:46
Topic: Please Help
Replies: 4
Views: 4712

Re: Please Help

Hi Sarah. My brother-in-law's last name is Scanapico (derived from Scannapieco). He told me that his grandfather changed his name when he arrived in America, because he felt it was too long. What questions do you have regarding the Scannapieco surname? If you provide a list, I can try to get the ans...
by jj_nycguy
27 Apr 2007, 23:39

Hi Carole. I left you a PM regarding your response. Do you have any of your family tree information available for me to review? I'd love to see if we have a connection. I believe several of the Colella's immigrated from Montemiletto to Boston, MA. Only my GG Maria Rosa Colella came to Queens, NY. Pl...
by jj_nycguy
05 Apr 2007, 13:05
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Death Certificate
Replies: 1
Views: 3457

Death Certificate

I was wondering if it is possible to request a death certificate if I have the person's name, date of birth and where they lived? The one piece of information I do not have is the estimated year of death.

Thanks in advance.
by jj_nycguy
04 Apr 2007, 19:24

Hi Everyone. I received information back from Montemiletto, AV regarding my family tree. I have uncovered the following names. Does anyone have information related to them or would like to share what I have? 1. Gaetano Riccio - Father to Ciriaco, Antonio, Angelo Michele & Angiolina. Pasquale &am...
by jj_nycguy
04 Apr 2007, 18:37
Topic: Do you have family from Montemiletto?
Replies: 41
Views: 24855

Re: Do you have family from Montemiletto?

Who has family that orignated from Montemiletto, Avellino, Campania, Italy? I am a descendant of the Fierrimonte, Guarente, Sacco, DeLuca, DeStefano, DiPierri, and Musto Families of Montemiletto! Hi bjguarente. As I continue to dig up information regarding my family in Montemiletto, I found that Sr...
by jj_nycguy
16 Dec 2006, 03:47
Topic: De Luca from longobucco
Replies: 28
Views: 19876

Re: De Luca from longobucco

Does anyone have the address to the Ufficio dello Stato Civile for Tufino, Napoli? I'd like to request the birth & death certificates for my g-grandparents (surname = Tortora & Scottini).

Thanks,
John
by jj_nycguy
16 Dec 2006, 03:43

Hello all. First, thank you for all of the help that everyone has provided over the past few months. My research would not have been as successful as it has been, without this group. I have one question... after numerous hours of research, I have finally obtained the birth certificates and marriage ...
by jj_nycguy
01 Jul 2006, 09:02

After lots of additional research, I was wondering if anyone can help me regarding a newly found surname. My g-grandmother was Maria Rosa Colella (4/1882-12/1926), married to Ciriaco Riccio. Rosa's parents names were Ciriaco Colella and Pasqualina (aka Lena) Capone. It is my understanding that all o...
by jj_nycguy
06 Jun 2006, 22:52
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Montemiletto
Replies: 22
Views: 22413

Re: Montemiletto

The documents are in "Chiesa di Maria Santissima Addolorata". I was lucky because I saw all the records. I did one copy of all documents (birth/marriage/death acts). Gaetano Petrillo Member of Association of Professional Genealogists That's great, I look forward to see what the records st...
by jj_nycguy
05 Jun 2006, 19:27
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Montemiletto
Replies: 22
Views: 22413

Re: Montemiletto

Hi Gaetano.

If St. Peter's is closed, what happens to all of the records they had?

Thanks,
John
by jj_nycguy
05 Jun 2006, 19:09

Hi jcsm. I have been able to identify Ciriaco, Angelo Michele & Antonio Riccio along with Maria Rosa Colella. Nuccia believes that there may be a connection to Angiolina, Giuseppe, Giovanna & Pasquale Riccio. She found their Ellis Island records but they traveled to Hoboken, NJ instead of Qu...