Search found 104 matches

by mahart
07 Mar 2010, 18:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Capaldi & Di Marco in Liverpool
Replies: 9
Views: 5617

Re: Capaldi & Di Marco in Liverpool

Hi Jamie, Do you know what date they came to Liverpool? The Capaldi's are one of the listed names of the Italian families who lived in the 'Little Italy' area of Liverpool, around Gerard and Christian Street. You can buy a book called Little Italy by Terry Cooke, which is about the familes that live...
by mahart
30 Dec 2009, 14:38
Topic: Molfetta Roots
Replies: 4
Views: 5878

Re: Molfetta Roots

Hi Damian, and hey Mauro its been awhile, and hope you are well My mother's side of the family originate from Molfetta, I am back to the 18th century mainly through LDS films and also with a little help from Mauro. Sadly the Family History Centre near me has closed so things have slowed up a bit. At...
by mahart
20 Jul 2009, 19:57
Topic: Italians in England
Replies: 6
Views: 5770

Re: Italians in England

Hi Emmy, Hope you don't mind me inputting on this. But I would be interested to know where the information on the Sheffield site (www.west-bar-italians.co.uk) came from, which suggests that Italians were subject to a medical examination in Britain during the 19th century, As far as I know no Europea...
by mahart
20 Dec 2008, 09:38
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: I want to wish you all a Merry Xmas!!!
Replies: 14
Views: 13473

Re: I want to wish you all a Merry Xmas!!!

Buon Natale tutto!

Peace and happiness for the New Year

Mark
by mahart
19 Dec 2008, 15:47
Topic: How to Tranfer Family Tree Maker??
Replies: 5
Views: 6511

Re: How to Tranfer

Hi Mardi, Not sure what has happened, are you copying the correct FTM file? you may have copied an earlier version of the file. The only thing I can suggest is, if you compare the size of the copy to the original file, they should be the same and your most current original saved FTM file should be t...
by mahart
18 Dec 2008, 21:38

Yes, basically the file you give her is the datebase end of the software so what yuo see in your copy of the software is exactly what she will see when she opens it in her copy.

Regards Mark
by mahart
18 Dec 2008, 19:20

If you are using FTM 2009 and it is the same format as earlier editions, I not have used it yet so don't know, then the instructions below will work You can just copy the famly tree file what will end like this FBK.FBC.FBK.FBC forward it to her and tell her to save the file to a prefered location eg...
by mahart
11 Dec 2008, 21:41
Topic: 19th century italy
Replies: 8
Views: 6838

Re: 19th century italy

Yes the first column will be the baby name sonetimes nome(given name) and cognome (surname) followed by Genitori (parents), which in this instance would be father's nome and mother's nome and cognome but sometimes it just gives the baby's nome and then the parents nome and cognome. Hope this helps M...
by mahart
11 Dec 2008, 19:23
Topic: 19th century italy
Replies: 8
Views: 6838

Re: 19th century italy

Hey Jolynn,

The column on the right on a birth record is usually baptismal details parish church date priest and name etc.

Mark
by mahart
09 Dec 2008, 19:59
Topic: family history library
Replies: 3
Views: 3447

Re: family history library

You could also download the transcriptions of different rites: births marriage and deaths on this link below. There are different formats of the same rite. They are useful because you will find that through the years and at different comunes the format will change. Hope this Helps Mark http://www.co...
by mahart
01 Nov 2008, 10:43
Topic: Irish and Italian connection??
Replies: 4
Views: 6334

Re: Irish and Italian connection??

Pinpointing Irish ancestors without knowledge of what county and even township they are from can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. The above supplied site address is work in progress, so not all county records are available yet. But it is worth registering and running the basic searches ea...
by mahart
19 Sep 2008, 19:29
Topic: PALMA is italian right?
Replies: 12
Views: 13248

Re: PALMA is italian right?

I have ancestors with the given name being Palma, Bari Region mid 19th century
by mahart
04 Dec 2007, 23:11
Topic: Franciosi/Franciosy, Sunderland
Views: 10376

Re: Franciosi/Franciosy, Sunderland

Hi Found on Ancestry.co.uk 1881 English Census Mary Francose age 19 yrs born c. 1862 relation boarder born Italy living at 42 Edge Street Manchester. Occupation musician Paolo Francose aged 22 yrs born c. 1858 relation boarder born Italy living at 42 Edge Street Manchester. Occupation musician Marri...
by mahart
04 Dec 2007, 22:20
Topic: Franciosi/Franciosy, Sunderland
Views: 10376

Re: Franciosi/Franciosy, Sunderland

Hi Sprig,
You need to provide information such as below in order for the forum to be of help.

What is your husbands family name?

Do you know dates of when they arrived say in the UK?

Any idea of how they got here?

Do you know what part of Italy they came from ? etc

Hope this is of help Mark
by mahart
23 Nov 2007, 21:05
Topic: Piolari surname
Replies: 9
Views: 7670

Re: Piolari surname

Hi Neil,
There is a Catarina Guatelli aged 17 married to Francesco aged 26 yrs living in Circus Street, which was in the Little Italy part of Liverpool, on the 1871 census, and they were recorded as being musicians. Does this sound like your Catarina?

Mark