Looking for Antonelli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jantonelli81
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Looking for Antonelli

Post by jantonelli81 »

to clearify things...

My G.Grandmother married to Donato, once in the US. They met here, I was told. Her name is Giovannina De Fusco (of De Frucsio ) as listed above in the obit. I did not have the info for the obituary, but my uncle did. He provided the parent's and siblings names.

Domenic (Don) is my father.
jantonelli81
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Looking for Antonelli UPDATE

Post by jantonelli81 »

maestra36 wrote:sorry but the link I posted above doesn't work. That explanation is on <a href="/http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-3166187-10456885" TARGET="_blank">Ancestry.com</a>, but the link does not take you directly to the appropriate page, even if you copy and paste it

The original Social Security application forms contain the following data of interest to family researchers:

* Full name and address of applicant
* Name of father
* Full maiden name of mother
* Place and date of birth and death
* Identification of employer if the person was working at the time of application
* The social security number assigned
UPDATE:
I just received my ggf's Social Security Card. It only has his name and date of birth on it. Then it says DOA, which I believe means Date of Arrival : 1955 Providence RI. I know he traveled back and forth to Italy, and have a passenger ship manifest for this date, but why would this be listed as his DOA on his SS card?

1920 Records for the cen. states 1912 was his arrival. However as mentioned above can't find this in any records. However, someone from this site helped me find a close match that looked like he arrived, or at least came to visit in 1906.

I was hoping to get confirmation about his place of birth and also, his parents names. Why were the names of his parents or place of birth not listed? Is it because it was just a computer print out I requested and not a certified copy? Or is there a way to view the "original" copy?

What are my next steps? He wrote Sant Ambrogio, Southern Italy has his place of last residence on his WWII card. But , as I learned their are may S. Ambrogio in Italy. How should I begin the process of writing to what I believe may be the town he is from for records?sure if there is a way to write to the town and request info.

Any advice is appreciated.
jantonelli81
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jantonelli81 »

okay, I answered my own question. I ordered the ss card version that was not the original. How could I have missded this? I think I was so excited to get this information , I misread the order form.

However, I am still interested in trying to learn more about how to track down other vital records.

Any pointers would help :lol:
jantonelli81
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jantonelli81 »

Italysearcher wrote:Sant'Ambrogio sul Garigliano have some great records and the parish records go back to the 1600's.
Happy hunting.
What is the name of the parish? I can't find it.
jantonelli81
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jantonelli81 »

Hi Meastra36,

Reading back on this post I noticed you posted a marriage record for a Donato and Viola 1935 Providence. I am having trouble finding this record, becuase I would like to know the age of the "Donato" for this record. It may be a newphew, becuase I have found this couple living near my grandparents for 15 years in US phonebook records.

Thanks ,
Jenn