ferraro reggio di calabria

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: ferraro reggio di calabria

Post by nuccia »

apiapibij wrote: Ciao Erminia
I have been busy making indices of the churchrecords as you might have seen on my website. I am still breeding on the plan for a complete new website about geneology of the Grecanian area. If you are in for other pics of indices on your website just give a scream okay? Hope and pray everything is going right with you and your family.
Ben..you still remember the email, no? Send me what you like and I will do the rest. I am a bit (ok a lot) behind these days because its summer but once fall hits I will be ready to go. It will be nice to have the records handy!

charlenef

Unfortunately my Family History Centre is also open limited hours for the summer and I don't have any information at home but I will look for what I do have.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

I believe this may be Carmela's Canadian ship manifest..

Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935
about Carmela Bruzzese
Name: Carmela Bruzzese
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1906
Date of Arrival: 15 May 1910
Vessel: America
Search Ship Database: View the 'America' in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Port of Departure: Genoa, Italy
Roll: T-4699

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2008. Original data: Library and Archives Canada. Passenger Lists, 1865-1935. Ottawa, Canada: Library and Archives Canada. RG76, T-479 to T-520, T-4689 to T-4874, T-14700 to T-14939, C-4511 to C-4542.

If its her, then it states her mother's name As Rosa Amato, and sister Giovanna, heading for Vancouver, British Columbia.

The American ship manifest for this family is:

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Carmela Bruzzese
Name: Carmela Bruzzese
Arrival Date: 14 May 1910
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1906
Port of Departure: Napoli
Ethnicity/Race-
/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: America
Search Ship Database: View the America in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
NATIVITY: Rezyrob
Line: 10

Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_1479
Birth Location: Rezyrob
Birth Location Other: mannola
Page Number: 232

Source Citation: Year: 1910; Microfilm serial: T715; Microfilm roll: T715_1479; Line: 10; .

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006. Original data:

She leaves her uncle Vincenzo behind in Mammola and is going to her husband Antonio fu Giuseppe

Page 1

Page 2
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

I believe this is Giuseppe and Carmela's marriage info.

British Columbia Marriage Index: 1872 to 1924
about Minnie Bruchesi
Name: Giuseppe Ferraro
Bride: Minnie Bruchesi
Marriage Date: 5 Feb 1921
Place: North Vancouver
bca number: B12907
Registration Number: 1921-09-235311
GSU Number: 2032870

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. British Columbia Marriage Index: 1872 to 1924 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2001. Original data: British Columbia Vital Statistics Agency. British Columbia, Canada. British Columbia Vital Statistics Agency: P.O. Box 9657, Stn Prov Govt, Victoria, BC V8W 9P3.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

At this point (although I am not 100 % sure just yet), I believe that Giuseppe's father's name was Filippo Nicodemo born abt 1864, and the sons were Domenico, born abt 1888, Giuseppe born abt 1895, Nicodeno born abt 1898 and the mother's name Annunziata LaMan...

Again, I have not confirmed this just yet. By any chance, were the Ferraro's in Seattle Washington for a while?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
charlenef

Post by charlenef »

WOW !!!!!!
scanning over the info this looks to be accurate.........good job and many thanks for your efforts.......Rosa and Antonio are her parents names and Giovanna would be my great aunt Jenny, Carmella's sister. There is one more sister and her name is anna. She is still living and I know that she is 96 years old. It would make sense also that Guiseppe's father was philipe nicodemo because my father's name was Philip. I am interested in Guiseppe and Rosa's parents names. I am not sure if they were in Seattle or not but I know that my uncle Nick(Nicodemo) lived in Pittsburgh,pennsilvania. Awesome information.......all my relatives with the connections to my ancesters have passed away and no one has been able to find the information on them.....is there anywhere that I can look at these manifests? thanks again for all of your help
Also my father Philip was born in 1921 which is the year Carmella and Guiseppe were married....it all fits!!!!!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Charlenef not sending a letter to the military archives because they are closed for vacation is something that they will deal with when they do open and start working and your letter will be already there waiting to be read and acted upon by the returning clerks. Not sending a request because they are closed will only delay the response not get your answer earlier......so whynot write now? =Peter=
~Peter~
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite

Post by Joannsalvo »

Hi,
Have you tried this site.
It is free to register.

http://88.59.143.158/ascs_web/index.fac ... 455B.node1
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Joann are you referring to military records or something else??=Peter=
~Peter~
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Joannsalvo,

Thats a great site but Charlene's family is from a town in Reggio Calabria, and that is for people from Cosenza.

Charlene will try to look into this more later. Heading out to work now.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
charlenef

Post by charlenef »

Nuccia

Thanks again for all of your help........would it be too much trouble to ask you to print off and fax the info you have found?The page of the manifest and the marriage info? Anything you have found in the documents regarding my family? Also at the time of Carmella and Giovanna coming to North America there should also be a record of Guiseppe(carmella's brother's name also) and Anna Bruzzese? These are my great aunt and great uncle. Also do you see a marriage record for Giovanna to Frank La Rosa? My husband is a huge Toronto Maple Leafs fan and we will make it to Toronto eventually to see a leafs game and visit the hockey hall of fame....dinner will DEFINITELY be on us!!!!!! my fax number is
1-604-941-2466 attn: Charlene
thanks
charlenef

Post by charlenef »

Peter
Thanks for all of your help as well!!!!! I will write now for military info.
:P charlene
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Charlene

I'll do my best to help you but it may take until the weekend. Hubby home on holidays this week and between work, him and the kids I am keeping busy!

Feel free to email me @

nuccia.salvati @ gmail.com (no spaces please)
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
charlenef

Post by charlenef »

No worries I am not in any hurry.......I don't need any of the canadian records because I was able to find them through the BC Archives. But the ship manifests and the emmigration records as well as my great grandparents info is what I am after. I am trying to trace back as you are so whenever you get the time it would be greatly appreciated. I will send you an e mail and give you mine as well
thanks again
charlene
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite

Post by Joannsalvo »

Hi,
Sorry - Thanks for catching that.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

charlene

Is this the death info for Antonio?

British Columbia Death Index: 1872 to 1979
about Antonio Bruzzese
Name: Antonio Bruzzese
Death Date: 1 Mar 1960
Place of Death: North Vancouver
Registration #: 1960-09-003252
bca #: B13245
gsu #: 2033302

This would make him born about 1875. Something to keep in mind in case you are looking for his birth info from Italy - and also keep in mind his father, Giuseppe was already deceased when he arrived in Canada in 1910 which is helpful if you are trying to track down the death act of Giuseppe - it may give his wife's name helping to trace back yet another generation.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database