Search found 169 matches

by taxi55
10 Aug 2023, 23:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pasqualina "Esther" Albano
Replies: 6
Views: 290

Re: Pasqualina "Esther" Albano

Hi. Are you able to provide additional information? Where in Italy was she born? Was she married in Italy or somewhere else? What records do you already have that implied her maiden name was Albano?
by taxi55
10 Aug 2023, 00:22
Topic: Unable to locate Birth Records and Passenger Lists. Would help while I consider 1948 Dual Citizenship.
Replies: 15
Views: 937

Re: Unable to locate Birth Records and Passenger Lists. Would help while I consider 1948 Dual Citizenship.

Happy to PM you a copy once I can (having issues scanning or attaching documents the last couple of days.) I don’t imagine they were married in IT. They were definitely born and married in NYC. Supposedly the first marriage for both of them (as noted on the marriage certificate, but who ever knows f...
by taxi55
10 Aug 2023, 00:14
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Italian Dual Citizenship companies
Views: 1009

Re: Italian Dual Citizenship companies

Hi mler! It’s been a while! I had typed a lengthy response and then got logged out before I could send and lost it all. So let’s try this again. I’m unsure which line would qualify due to contradictory information I read online and the ever-changing challenges being brought to the Italian courts. (W...
by taxi55
08 Aug 2023, 18:10
Topic: Unable to locate Birth Records and Passenger Lists. Would help while I consider 1948 Dual Citizenship.

Re: Unable to locate Birth Records and Passenger Lists. Would help while I consider 1948 Dual Citizenship.

The marriage certificate had written in “City Hall” for locations, and signed by an alderman not a priest.

Records for other ancestors have given the name of the church if applicable, and the priest’s name, but nothing church related for these ancestors.

So true - all roads led to Baxter Street!!!
by taxi55
08 Aug 2023, 01:19

Interesting information. Thanks MaddalenaNYC! I sent you a PM.

Amelia’s marriage records shows them being married at City Hall in NYC. Interesting, because they were Catholic and lived near the Church of the Most Precious Blood. I’ll keep digging - onward!
by taxi55
07 Aug 2023, 23:58

Re: Italian Dual Citizenship companies

Thanks for the information MaddalenaNYC! We might need to use a service at least to sort out and define if we need to go through the Consulate or the Italian Court due to our line’s path. You make a good point - we all probably know more about our families than these services. And I agree, some of t...
by taxi55
03 Aug 2023, 15:46

Italian Dual Citizenship companies

Hi Folks,

We might need to utilize the services of a company that specializes in dual citizenship due to our family circumstances. We’ve researched companies and wanted to know if anyone has used IDC or ICA. Thoughts based on your experience? Welcome all input.

Much appreciated, enjoy your day.
by taxi55
03 Aug 2023, 14:52

Thank you mmogno. Since that child only lived for a year, we are back to square one for finding the correct birth record for the Maria Giuseppe that lived into the 1940’s in NY. We can’t find anything from Italy or NYC births for her. Ugh….
by taxi55
31 Jul 2023, 21:32

Unable to locate Birth Records and Passenger Lists. Would help while I consider 1948 Dual Citizenship.

Hi All! I hope everyone is having a good start to their week. I would be grateful if anyone is able to help with the following. I have searched records and I keep coming up short on a couple of people that I might need for 1948 Dual Citizenship purposes. Searching for Birth Record: Amelia (sometimes...
by taxi55
24 May 2021, 19:49
Topic: Digital Scrapbooking and Project suggestions
Replies: 0
Views: 6021

Digital Scrapbooking and Project suggestions

Hi Folks, Could really use your knowledge and experience on this one! What type of DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING options have you used for family/ancestry projects? Any with a genealogy focus? We’re trying to make a simple family tree from a template (again - any suggestions for a simple template?) and then ...
by taxi55
10 May 2021, 18:35
Topic: Merging & Presenting Genealogy info (best software/platform?)
Replies: 0
Views: 5792

Merging & Presenting Genealogy info (best software/platform?)

Hello everyone! My family wants to take our researched items, combine them with music and merge with other documents. What are some top platforms that you’ve been happy with when presenting your genealogy story? (We’re looking to create this story presentation for a family member who is expecting in...