Search found 18 matches

by jvillilo
20 Mar 2009, 18:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname Amerinda or Degnovivo from Campobasso
Replies: 57
Views: 44973

Re: Surname Amerinda or Degnovivo from Campobasso

I have been contacted by Luisa Degnovivo in Italy concerning her family. The following is her reply concerning Giuseppe Degnovivo and whether my GGM Clotilde Amerinda was his sister: Hallo! I'm secure that we are relatives. I think that my grandfather Michele was the stepbrother of Domenico and Inco...
by jvillilo
17 Jan 2009, 20:09
Topic: San Leonardo parish in Campobasso
Replies: 10
Views: 6985

Re: San Leonardo parish in Campobasso

thank you John! The microfilm you mentioned at the archives that has the records of the San Giorgio parish. Is it located at the Archivio di Stato or Diocesi archive? Have you gone further with the Vallillo line in the records of the Cattedrale di Campobasso?
by jvillilo
16 Jan 2009, 18:39

Hi John - so it is more likely my 5GGF Pietro Antonio Valillilo was the son of Simone Vallillo and Anna di Maria di Colangelo and married Rosina del Russo and not Rosa Pecorari? I suppose having the parish priest search for actual documents would clear that up.... If the provincial archives have a m...
by jvillilo
16 Jan 2009, 17:17

Thank you, Peter. I do have someone who has contacted the parish priest but was told he could not search himself, only the priest will do this. I am not confident he will actually do the search but if you have had success, I suppose I will go ahead and pay for the search.
by jvillilo
16 Jan 2009, 15:24

San Leonardo parish in Campobasso

Has anyone obtained records from the San Leonardo parish in Campobasso successfully? I am pursuing information concerning my family who attended San Giorgio parish in Campobasso but that church is now closed and the parish records are held at San Leonardo. I am told only the parish priest will do se...
by jvillilo
15 Oct 2008, 22:19
Topic: Surnames from San Bartolomeo in Galdo
Replies: 5
Views: 9230

Re: Surnames from San Bartolomeo in Galdo

Thank you all for your suggestions. I have found Sam and his wife Lucia Longo in 1920 and 1930 census records in Cleveland and the Cleveland Library's necrology files but no mention of Sam's siblings. Sam served in WWI and I've found that record also on Ancestry. The Immigrant Ships Transcribers Gui...
by jvillilo
15 Oct 2008, 04:08
Topic: Surnames from San Bartolomeo in Galdo
Replies: 5
Views: 9230

Surnames from San Bartolomeo in Galdo

I am attempting to help a friend find the original spelling of her grandfather's name from San Bartolomeo in Galdo, Campania. His name was changed in the US to Sam Bluso and the records found indicate he emigrated in 1911. Sam was born 17 Sep 1893 or 1894 and died 15 Apr 1987 in Cleveland, OH. The p...
by jvillilo
29 Nov 2007, 00:14

Mike - if you do get the immigration papers on Giuseppe, I would like to obtain copies, if possible, to see if any of the information sheds light on why my GGM Clotilde called him her brother and vice versa. I have Giuseppe's death certificate in case you would like a copy. Thanks!
by jvillilo
15 Nov 2007, 04:05

Here is the info from the Cleveland, OH obituary for Giuseppe and Angeline Degnovivo Name: Degnovivo, Joseph Date: Sep 2 1948 Source: Cleveland Press; Cleveland Necrology File, Reel #019. Notes: Degnovivo, Joseph, beloved husband of Angeline (nee Del Greco), of 15918 Kipling Ave., dear father of Alf...
by jvillilo
13 Nov 2007, 03:06

With the de Santis name thrown into the mix, it's interesting my GGM Clotilde married Rocco de Santis here in Cleveland 3 months after my GGF died of TB in 1917.
by jvillilo
12 Nov 2007, 22:52

Hi John back :) - the death record for Giuseppe and Angeline is found in the Cleveland Necrology files: http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/QUERY?sessionid=01-1334-937852823 I also have the death certificate, as you know. The date of marriage I determined from the 1930 census which shows Joseph and "Ang...
by jvillilo
12 Nov 2007, 20:39

First of all, thanks, Michael, for your service... especially on this day we remember all your brothers and sisters who have gone before you into service. If you are talking about Giuseppe Degnovivo who moved to Cleveland from Campobasso in 1916, and who married Angeline Del Greco in Campobasso in 1...
by jvillilo
20 Oct 2007, 14:48

You're right, John, it is driving me nuts. If I could find out Clotilde's birth father or mother, it would open up a whole new line of blood relatives. The same thing happened on my mother's side of the family. We just found out a few years ago my GF on my mother's side was adopted but then found hi...
by jvillilo
19 Oct 2007, 19:31

Wow... you're right, the information really is quite specific and puts Clotilde in a whole new light in our family. It's still quite a mystery about both Guiseppe and Clotilde but they rest together in Lake View Cemetery in Cleveland. Maybe the wet nurses were close friends and told both of them the...