Search found 46 matches

by bousejg
25 May 2019, 22:04
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Casalvecchio di Puglia
Replies: 87
Views: 48148

Re: Casalvecchio di Puglia

My family is from Casalvecchio. thought you might be interested in this history: Casalvecchio Italy The village was founded by some Greek-Albanian refugees who, in order to escape the invasion of the Balkans by the Turks, poured out massively into the territory of daun; They originally settled about...
by bousejg
23 May 2019, 15:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carescia Loretta C and John H Andreano
Replies: 21
Views: 22317

Re: Carescia Loretta C and John H Andreano

Can you email me at jgbouse!gmail.com My name is Gloria Andreano Freemon I have been to Casalvecchio and went to the Comune to get records on the Andreano, Tosches and Creasia family. I am wondering if there is a connection. My grandmother was Lauretta Creasia and had 2 other sisters, Grace and Claire
by bousejg
23 Nov 2013, 22:28
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Italian Death Certificates
Replies: 5
Views: 2067

Re: Italian Death Certificates

I am giving a class in Feb on Italian Research. Never done this before but our genealogy group is putting one one. Since I'm the only Italian there the nabbed me into doing a class. This website is one of the best and I've posted many questions before with great results. I'm trying to do a Powerpoin...
by bousejg
23 Nov 2013, 19:03

Just looked into it. It's absolutely what I was looking for! So many thanks to you.
by bousejg
23 Nov 2013, 19:01

Thank you for your reply. Will look into them.
by bousejg
21 Nov 2013, 17:00

Italian Death Certificates

Are there any web sites out there that explain how to read a death certificate? A step by step procedure for when you do get a death certificate?
by bousejg
16 Jan 2012, 19:06
Topic: Andreano, Francisco
Replies: 10
Views: 4658

Re: Andreano, Francisco

To krote: Here's what I have: There where 4 brothers: Pasquale- Giuseppe-Giovanni and Francesco. All but Pasquale immigrated to the US in 1904 to Franklin Mass. From what I gathered the father's name was Nicola who died in 1918. I will see what other information I can get. Do you have a birth date o...
by bousejg
12 Jan 2012, 00:22

Where those 3 sons and the daughter of Francisco Andreano? Funny, cause there was an Ernest and a Joseph and my cousin is Anthony.
Do you have a birth date of Francisco?
by bousejg
12 Jan 2012, 00:19

Casalvecchio in the Puglia region. Didn't know there was one in Sicily.
by bousejg
11 Jan 2012, 16:31

Do you know where in Italy he was born? I am also looking for a Francisco Andreano who came to the US. My grandfather was Giovanni Andreano and I recently found out that he had 2 other brothers we never knew about. But I have no information of my grandfather's mother or father. I did find a brother ...
by bousejg
23 Sep 2011, 16:15
Topic: Celenza Valfortore
Replies: 25
Views: 10950

Re: Celenza Valfortore

Thanks for your reply. Did you have to get an International Drivers License? I went to the local MVD and they had no clue what I was talking about. It's such a short drive from Campabosso I wonder if it really is necessary? I wrote to some family from my Genealogy research and last week got an email...
by bousejg
16 Sep 2011, 20:00

Did you find any relatives in Celenza? Is it easy to drive in Celenza? I heard that the roads where very narrow. Is it easy to get around there? I am going to stay at the Relais San Pietro just outside of Celenza. I have been studying some of the Italian language and going to bring my Rick Steves It...
by bousejg
15 Sep 2011, 22:23

I was thinking of taking a train to Campobasso and then rent a car to Celenza and Caselvecchio. I'm traveling alone and thought that would be a bit easier. Any thoughts on that?
by bousejg
15 Sep 2011, 17:53

Did you rent a car to get to places? Not sure how I am going to get from the hotel to Celenza and Casalvecchio.
by bousejg
04 Sep 2011, 21:50

Be in Rome on Oct 25th:):). I've asked numerous friends to go to Italy with me and no one could make it. So instead of waiting for anyone decided to go alone. What the heck.