Search found 41 matches

by Topper
23 Sep 2011, 02:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Family of Giovanni Mercuri from Montefalcone Apennino
Replies: 22
Views: 23885

Re: Family of Giovanni Mercuri from Montefalcone Apennino

Yes, I am interested in what ever info you have. My father-in-law was a very quiet man and never spoke of any family members to his children. I don't quite understand why. My wife or her brother know nothing of his family.
by Topper
30 Oct 2010, 14:26
Topic: Gennar Russo ?
Replies: 17
Views: 6655

Re: Gennar Russo ?

Molte grazie e auguri speciali da una grata Americano che è orgoglioso della sua origine Italiana. Ciao, Vince
by Topper
30 Oct 2010, 09:37

Sono profondamente grato per tutte le informazioni che mi avete fornito. Vi ringrazio molto per tutto il lavoro che avete fatto in mio favore.
Vi mando il mio amore e auguri. Vince
by Topper
30 Oct 2010, 00:54

Thanks Again. I noticed that in all the census reports the surname recorded was Ross, however, the in the death record the surname is Russo. According to NCN his death date was 6/28/1937. Thank you for opening up another avenue to pursue in search of my ancestry. I will continue to try to find out m...
by Topper
29 Oct 2010, 13:25

YES!!!! This is the family and it confirms the name of his brother. ther was some question among my family as to whether his name was Andrea or Gennaro. You have solved the mystery for me. I am familiar with all of the children and grandchildren of Andrew. I Thank You So Much for all your work. It h...
by Topper
28 Oct 2010, 21:30

Father: Tomasso Russo birth: 10 Mar 1843 Mother: Filomena Lucia Cunti birth: 30 Sep 1869 Children: Antonio Angelo birth: 22 Jul 1873 Archangeli (daughter - Antonio's sister) Andea?/Giocondo? (Antonio's brother) I know Andrea?/Giocondo? had a son Thomas Ross who was a shoemaker. I can provide the nam...
by Topper
28 Oct 2010, 18:20

Thank You for the information. I am familiar with that lineage in the Russo Tree. It is a distant relative of my grandfather. My Grandfather had a brother that lived across the street from him on Taylor Street in New Castle, Pa. One researcher gave me the name Giocondo as his brother. I am not famil...
by Topper
27 Oct 2010, 18:31

I guess that supports the fact that Gennaro was not the name of my grandfather's brother. My grandfather's father's name was Tomasso not Antonio. Thank you for your response. Now I wonder if his brothers name was Andrea? I'll have to see what I can find out. Perhaps Gennaro was a cousin of my grandf...
by Topper
27 Oct 2010, 17:39

Gennar Russo ?

Need info regarding Gennaro Russo. Hopefully a census report will clear up a controversy regading his name. One research says his name is Giocondo. His parents were Tomasso Russo and Lucia Filomena Cunti. His brother was my grandfather Antonio Angelo Russo. Gennaro? lived on Taylor Street in New Cas...
by Topper
16 Nov 2009, 00:20
Topic: Angelo Barone
Replies: 5
Views: 4487

Re: Angelo Barone

Thanks Laura, This is my grandfather and grandmother in the 1900 census. They lived in Shenango Township and he was a quarryman who worked in the quarry in New Castle. However, all the names were mispelled and the census taker has their race marked as "I" I suppose for Italian not Indian. ...
by Topper
14 Nov 2009, 10:11

Re: Angelo Barone

I have my mother's birth certificate and nothing is mentioned as to where her parents were from. At that time New Castle was a young city with a surge in Italian Roman Catholic population and in need of an Italian Parish. A mission church was established in 1900. My mother was born in 1903 and both ...
by Topper
11 Nov 2009, 12:16
Replies: 0
Views: 2722

Angelo Barone

Correction on date the naturalization was issued;
The correct date is Sep 8, 1891
by Topper
11 Nov 2009, 12:13

Angelo Barone

I have been looking for information about Angelo Barone, where he was born in Italy, Ship he arrived on, if he had any brothers or sisters. This is the information that I have on Angelo. Born: Nov 22, 1861 in Italy (Abruzzi????) Left Naples on 4/3/1883 at age 22 (info on application for citizenship)...
by Topper
29 May 2008, 19:44
Topic: myheritage.com genealogical search engine
Replies: 2
Views: 4584

myheritage.com genealogical search engine

Has anyone heard of or used that search engine? I received an invitation in my email to use it and i always approach things like this with a little scrutiny. I am wary about downloading the search engine. Is this a legitimate and safe search engine?.....Topper
by Topper
25 May 2008, 09:57
Topic: Antonio Russo and Vincenzino Cunti (Conti) information
Replies: 21
Views: 29551

Re: Antonio Russo and Vincenzino Cunti (Conti) information

Hey RJ, maybe we share common ancestors. It would be interesting to find out. If you would like to know my lineeage I would be happy to share with you whatever I have.....Topper