Surname Perazzo?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
adifresco
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Surname Perazzo?

Post by adifresco »

BillieDeKid wrote:Does Sabina have a brother named Francesco (Frank), a sister named Teresa (Tessie) and her mother's name is Giovanna Bianco Perazzo? If so, then I think you have the correct family.
I can't really confirm that in any way. All I have outside of these possible records is the name Sabina Perazzo. My dad said he does remember her having a sister and possibly a brother, but doesn't remember any names.
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Found what I was looking for. Francesco Perazzo didn't come through Ellis Island he came through Castle Garden. Here's his manifest and I believe Nicola Perazzo would be his son. Nicola's age in 1903 is 27 which would match up with Giovanna's age in 1903 (1907 manifest she is 28 so 1903 she'd be about 24). So now I'm thinking that Nicola Perazzo was her husband and he died here in the US. We need to check for death record for him between 1903 and 1907.

Francesco Perazzo Occupation Merchant
Age 58
Sex M
Literacy Y
Arrived 24 Jun 1903
Origin Italy
Port Genoa & Naples
Last Residence Sanza
Destination Brooklyn Ny
Plan Unknown
Ship Nord America
Passage Unknown
COMPARATIVE DATA This feature is currently under construction

Nicola Perazzo Occupation Peasant
Age 27
Sex M
Literacy N
Arrived 24 Jun 1903
Origin Italy
Port Genoa & Naples
Last Residence Amantea
Destination Brookwayville Pa
Plan Unknown
Ship Nord America
Passage Unknown
COMPARATIVE DATA This feature is currently under construction
adifresco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by adifresco »

Here are some records I found in the 1891-1948 New York City Death Index, however none of the ages match up with the other records, especially not Jennie or Nichola. Should I request one of these death certificates anyway?

Perazzo, Nick
Age 33 y
Death date: Jan 14 1916
Certificate Number: 1390
Kings County

Perazzo, Francesco
Age 87 y
Death Date: Mar 5 1938
Certificate Number: 4970
Kings County

Perazzo, Jennie
Age 22 y
Sep 14 1914
Certificate Number: 3323
Queens County

I also noticed from the 1910 census I posted, there are actually 2 Perazzo families living next door to each other. The other family also has children named Frank and Tessie, so this leads me to believe that a larger extended family of Perazzos were living in NY around this time, many with the same first names. Therefore it's going to be pretty confusing to find the right ancestors. What would be the next step? I know Sabina died in May 1981... would it be possible to obtain a death certificate from just that information? She died while visiting family in South Carolina, however she was living in New York at the time and was buried there. So where would the death certificate be? Also, would it list her parent's names?
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Here is the link for 1910 census

http://persi.heritagequestonline.com/hq ... &offset=10

Sabina is 6 years old, Italian born and immigrated in 1907.

Here is the 1920 census

http://persi.heritagequestonline.com/hq ... &offset=18

Sabina is Sadie, 16 , italian born and immigrated in 1906.
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Interesting record. Note the parents' names.

IGI Individual Record FamilySearchâ„¢ International Genealogical Index v5.0
Southwest Europe
Search Results | Download

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicometo Perazzo Pedigree
Male Family

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: , , Italy

Christening:
Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: Francesco Perazzo Family
Mother: Teresa D'Sparito

Marriages:
Spouse: Rosina Marina Family
Marriage: 07 NOV 1901 Manhattan, New York, New York
adifresco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by adifresco »

misbris wrote:Interesting record. Note the parents' names.

IGI Individual Record FamilySearchâ„¢ International Genealogical Index v5.0
Southwest Europe
Search Results | Download
Nicometo Perazzo Pedigree
Male Family
Event(s):
Birth: , , Italy
Christening:
Death:
Burial:
Parents:
Father: Francesco Perazzo Family
Mother: Teresa D'Sparito
Marriages:
Spouse: Rosina Marina Family
Marriage: 07 NOV 1901 Manhattan, New York, New York

I believe this is the Perazzo family that was living next door to Sabina and her family in the 1910 census. Their names were listed as Nicometo and Rose, with children Frank, Tessie, Joseph, and Tony. If your record is correct and the same Francesco and Teresa Perazzo are Nicometo's parents, then the family tree should look something like this:

Francesco Perazzo (b. ~1847)
...+ Teresa D'Sparito (b. ~1843)
..........- Nicometo Perazzo (b. ~1883)
...............+ Rosina Marina
....................- Frank Perazzo (b. ~1904)
....................- Tessie Perazzo (b. ~1906)
....................- Joseph Perazzo (b. ~1907)
....................- Tony Perazzo (b. ~1909)
..........- Unknown Perazzo (Sabina's Father)
...............+ Giovanna Bianco (b. ~1870)
....................- Frank Perazzo (b. ~1900)
....................- Tessie Perazzo (b. ~1902)
....................- Sabina Perazzo (b. 1904 or 1905)
........................+ Giovanni DiFresco (b. 1896)
..............................- my grandfather (b. 1929)

misbris, where did that record come from?
I'm thinking it's possible that the Nicola Perazzo from the 1907 Castle Garden manifest (posted by BillieDeKid) is the same person as the Nicometo Perazzo that you posted, despite their age being several years off. Giovanna's age is also quite different (28 in the 1907 manifest, and 40 in the 1910 census). So this has become pretty confusing because of age differences and similar names within the same generation. However, I haven't been able to find another Sabina, so as far as I can tell this is the correct family. Would I be able to order Sabina's death certificate, and if so would it list her father's name? I'm kind of stuck and have no idea where to go from here.
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Italian naming traditions are important. First son is named after father;s father. First daughter after paternal grandmother. Two sons would have son and daughter with the same first names( Frank and Tessie(Theresa)) so ot is very possible that Nick is brother in law to Sabina ( Sadie)

The record is from FHC. Here is the link

http://www.familysearch.org/

To cover all angles, I would send to NY for a search and also get the microfilm from FHC. You have nothing to lose.

Mary Jo