De Dominicis or De Dominico Giovanni - Carinola south Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: De Dominicis or De Dominico Giovanni - Carinola south It

Post by BillieDeKid »

Sorry Antonio -

On this page Laura posted 4 documents on one her posts, the first is the ships manifest for Leschermier, find his name and follow over to the right where it says where he is going in USA, if you can make out that name write it down for your parents, maybe they will recognize the name.

The second document in that post is a census, that is the census I am looking at. Find Leschermier family you will see Romeo - look to the right of his name it says H E A D, below his name is Rachele - look to the right it says wife, below her is Louisa - look to right it says daughter.......the next person down lived in their household his name is Henry and I can't make out his last name (maybe Leone) - look to the right of Henry's name it says brother-in-law.

Maybe if you can make out his last name it will be a name you or your parents recognize.

Hope this helps

Elizabeth
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

I looked in the census for Di Domenico in Mass. Could not find anything close.
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

This might be a long shot misbris, but can you check Philadelphia census information? I went on steve morse and used all the different spellings I could think of for the surname and a straight search for just Carinola. Seems as though people with that surname from Carinola either went to NY or Phil. PA. Maybe he ended up there. It might be worth a try.
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

:) Buongiorno a tutti!

The brother in law in the first Census of Romeo is:

Leone Henry, single, age 22, year of arrival 1904, occupation: designer in a tayloring

Just a clue for Antonio: In this first Census Romeo is married only from 1 year... so it's possible that him and Rachele were married in Usa, no in Italy...
I don't understand the name of friend that Romeo was giong to in the Ellis Manifest.... It seems Salvatore Anello/Aello/Aullo.... Somebody can help?

Laura :)
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

:? :? :?

Found the arrival manifest for Enrico (age 15) and Rachela Leone (age 27) in the date of dec 3, 1903....but at that time Rachela was married...and going to her husband....
Hanyway I post the manifest, please give it a look....

They were from San Giuseppe Vesuviano the same region Campania....

Laura
underground
Rookie
Rookie

Post by underground »

BillieDeKid wrote: The second document in that post is a census
Sorry, i had not seen the 1910 census.
Yes, brother in law is Leone Henry.

This surname "Leschermier", i must look on Carinola civil records office....
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Yes Antonio,

I think they surely can tell you something about this man because it's a very strange last name .... I didn't find another person with this surname...
Hope they can help you!
Laura
underground
Rookie
Rookie

Post by underground »

Hi Laura, great job!

Between these guys there is an evident connection, because i have seen this other thing:

If you see on the 1903 ellis record (the first arrival) the brothers declare they are going to Romeo Leschiera (Leschermier) and Salv. .........
If you take a look you can see that the name after Salv. is very similar to that Salvatore Amella (?) declared by Romeo Leschermier at his arrival in N.Y.
So it seems to me.
You can look better.

Thanks,
Antonio
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Antonio, I did more!!!! :lol:

As I did note this fact.... (the same Salvatore friend of Romeo and Di Dominicis brothers), I've searched in the census of 1910 and found this record:

1900 United States Federal Census

Name: Salvatore Annella
Home in 1900: Manhattan, New York, New York
Estimated birth year: abt 1843
Birthplace: Italy
Relationship to head-of-house: Head
Spouse's name: Katherine
Race: White
Immigration Year: 1874
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Salvatore Annella 57
Katherine Annella 46
Mary Annella 12
William Annella 10
Luke Annella 6

[img=http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9179 ... cl9.th.jpg]

Nothing strange but I think it's him because the address of this family is 170 Elm Street, NY... if you look at the arrival manifest don't you think it's the same address they gave?
And another thing, someone can explain what kind of job did Salvatore Anella? I read Caterier ????
Note the job of the neighborough... musician.... :roll:

Laura
underground
Rookie
Rookie

Post by underground »

I think you have found him...

The address is securely the same Leschermier gave, 170, Elm str.

So this Annella (immigrant in 1874) was probably the reference point in N.Y. for Leschermier before (immigrant in 1901) and then for the brothers (imm. in 1903).

Look Laura, on 1905 ellis record, Giovanni says he is going to the brother Giuseppe, and the address seems to be Brand st. 384-6. At theyr first arrival (1903) when they say are going to Leschermier and Annella, one of the two address seems to be the same, Brand or Grand str. 203.

If we can assess this fact, we make a strong connection between these guys. You have a better view, because you are an eagle :D
underground
Rookie
Rookie

Post by underground »

So,

- Annella on june 1900 was at 170, Elm street.

- Leschermier on 11/17/1901 says he is going to Annella at 170, Elm str.

- The Brothers on 05/25/1903 say they are going to Leschermier and Annella and one address (Annella's?) seems to be 203, Grand str. The second address (Leschermier's?) in not leggible for me.

- Giovanni on 04/08/1905 returns in N.Y. and says he is going to the brother Giuseppe at 384-6, Brand (Grand) str. This was the same road (same house?) where lived Annella at least on may 1903.

- Giuseppe on 06/15/1907 return in N.Y. and says he is going to the brother Giovanni at .......................(i can't read).

Therefore up to now we have two repeating addresses, Elm str. and Brand (Grand ?) str. point of reference for all four guys.
Again we can think that Annella has changed home, from Elm str. to Brand (Grand) str. and this must have happened bettween the november 1901 and may 1903, when the brothers go to him in Brand str.
Giuseppe could have taken house in the same road (same house?), while Giovanni's house was at.........(i can't read). This is probably if we think that the two brothers have new marriage and sons, so they can't live togheter.

Any suggestion?
underground
Rookie
Rookie

Post by underground »

Google maps, seems in N.Y. there is only Grand st.

203, Grand st. Manhattan
http://maps.google.it/maps?f=q&hl=it&vi ... =addr&om=1

170, Elm st. Staten Island
http://maps.google.it/maps?f=q&hl=it&vi ... =addr&om=1

Both in the same map:
http://maps.google.it/maps?f=d&hl=it&vi ... &z=11&om=1
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Antonio,

I'm checking manually Grand Street in the 1910 Census.... but it's a very hard work.... :?

Hoping to find something...
Laura
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

The street name on the manifest definately starts with a B. Look at the G in Giuseppe's name right above the street address. G is different. Definately B no G.
underground
Rookie
Rookie

Post by underground »