COLLE SANNITA (Benevento)

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: COLLE SANNITA (Benevento)

Post by elba »

BASILONE1010 wrote:
FabioP. wrote:Sono Fabio,
genealogista e studioso di cognomi
italiano, originario di Colle Sannita in Campania.
Sto scrivendo un libro sulle famiglie di Colle Sannita.
Se c'è qualcuno nel forum la cui famiglia proviene da Colle Sannita, mi contatti pure.
Grazie

Hello,
I'm Fabio, an italian genealogist and expert of italian surnames.
I am writing a book on the families of Colle Sannita (Campania, Italy).
If there is someone in the forum from Colle Sannita, or his/her family comes from Colle Sannita, contact me.
Thank you!

surnames in Colle Sannita:

Basilone, Mutino, Piacquadio, Iamarino, Mascia, Zeolla, Iacobaccio, Martuccio, Del Grosso, Grasso, Paolucci, Nigro, Palmiero, De Francesco, Tedesco, Basile, Iavasile, Pilla, Scrocca, Finelli, Finella, D'Emilia, Cocca, Boscarelli, Alderisio, Callara, Macchiarolo, Pannella, Di Paola, Gagliardo, Polcino, Polcini, Vessecchia, Martucci, Galasso, Di Muccio, Di Pinto, Ruccia, D'Agostino, Mercorelli, Tambascia, Seneca, Nista, Flora, Piccirillo, Pozzuto, Iapozzuto, Di Nonno, Moffa, Pagliuca, Petriella, Tosto, Sebastiano, Zerrillo, Petti, Ferraro, Casamassa, De Matteis.
:D

Welcome Basilione1010 but...

Huh :?:

Sorry - you've lost me....
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
BASILONE1010

Post by BASILONE1010 »

Hi Fabio,
My name is Toniann Basilone. Well this is my maiden name. However I stumbled upon you and i'm so excited you may help me find my family in Colle Sannita! My grandparents are Serefino Basilone & Josephine Piacquadio, they were born in the late 1800's and had 11 children. The oldest was Dominick, and then my aunt Connie and uncle Pete and a few others were born in Colle Sannita. Then they left to come to America where the rest of the children were born. My fathers name was Anthony he was the last of the 11. I hope this helps you out! Please let me know if my reletives are still there would love to see them or contact them,
gaetanosavio

Post by gaetanosavio »

Hi,

there are lots of people from the Colle here in Montreal... I went to my cousins wedding in the Colle, who is from there....

there are many beneventanos on this site....nice
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

BASILONE1010 wrote:Hi Fabio,
My name is Toniann Basilone. Well this is my maiden name. However I stumbled upon you and i'm so excited you may help me find my family in Colle Sannita! My grandparents are Serefino Basilone & Josephine Piacquadio, they were born in the late 1800's and had 11 children. The oldest was Dominick, and then my aunt Connie and uncle Pete and a few others were born in Colle Sannita. Then they left to come to America where the rest of the children were born. My fathers name was Anthony he was the last of the 11. I hope this helps you out! Please let me know if my reletives are still there would love to see them or contact them,
Hello Toniann,
I have the informations you need about your ancestors born in Colle Sannita!
If you are interested, contact me to my email address fabio.paolucci@yahoo.it
Best Regards,
Fabio
afinelli

Post by afinelli »

This is in reply to Toniann Basilone, who wrote about her grandparents and her many aunts and uncles. Could your grandparent's family have lived in the Bronx, NY? If so, they were probably the Basilone family that was very close to my grandparents Antonio and Annamaria (Martuccio) Finelli from Colle Sannita and also born in the late 1800's, and their children, including my father Joseph (Giuseppe) and his siblings Fred (Ferdinando) , Don (Donato), and Ann (Angela). All of those except Don were born in Colle. If I have your family right, your grandfather and many of your uncles were involved in the meat and/or grocery/specialty Italian foods business. I remember one of those brothers, Charlie Basilone in particular, because he was very close to my uncle Fred. Are any of your aunts and uncles stall alive? They would have to be in their late 80s or 90s I would guess, if they are. If so, ask them if they remember the Finellis from the Bronx. Sorry if I have the wrong family. Good luck in your search
Ciao,
Anton Finelli
janetbeaudet

Post by janetbeaudet »

Dear Fabio,
You indicated you had a complete database on the Iavasile family. My cousin Giovannina Pestello was married to Giuseppe Iavasile who died about 3 years ago. She still lives in Colle Sannita but keeps a very low profile. Her sons are Antonio who lives in Modena and Serafino who lives in Switzerland. You probably already have them but in case you didn't hope this helps.
Janet Basile Beaudet
Helencs

Post by Helencs »

Hi Fabio,

I was very happy to see that you are writing a book on the families of Colle Sannita. I have been researching my grandmother's family. My grandmother was Maria Amalia Basile born on September 24, 1892 in Circello. She came to New York in 1902. Her father was Beniamino Basile who was born in Colle Sannita on May 27, 1829 the son of Donato Basile and Cristina Di Paola. I don't have any further information on his family. I know he was a surveyor.My grandmother’s mother was Felice Maria Zacarri she was born around 1863 or 1864. The researcher I used wasn’t able to find her parents in Circello’s records. On the Circello site is a description of a battle fought in 1863 during the Brigantaggio. The leader of the Circello’s defenders was Nicola Zaccari who was killed in battle. A member of his fighting troop was Beniamino Basile. Could this be the same Beniamino Basile I am related to?

I would be very interested in any more information you would have on my great grandfather,great-grandfather's family and whether I have any relatives living in Colle Sannita.

Thanks for your help

Helen Helencs@aol.com
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

Buonasera Fabio,

desideravo sottoporti una domanda che poco ha a che vedere con il tuo post : anch'io sto ricostruendo la genealogia della mia famiglia e nel corso degli anni sono riuscito a trovare i luoghi e le date di nascita dei miei bisnonni e dei suoi dieci figli sparsi per l'allora regno delle due sicilie e del successivo regno d'italia. La mia bisnonna sembrerebbe nata , cito testualmente un certificato che ho richiesto al comune di Alghero dove è nato un loro figlio, " a Prata Sannita o Avellino o Prati provincia di Terra di Lavoro di anni 22 nel 1871 ". Il suo nome era Concetta Davola Freda. Anche sul cognome ho avuto parecchie difficoltà a capire se fosse corretto ma questa è un altra storia. Ho provato a scrivere al comune di Prata Sannita ma mi hanno risposto che non risultava tale nominativo (ho precisato che poteva essere troncato o storpiato). Adesso la mia bisnonna riposa al mount carmel cemetery a Chicago insieme ad alcuni suoi figli. Incredibilmente so piu' di Lei da morta che da viva. C'e un mio post sull'argomento ed altri utenti mi stanno aiutando a cercare tracce dei miei parenti negli states ma finora senza grossi successi. Vorrei tanto capire dov'è nata ma in Italia dove non c'è quasi nulla informatizzato devo ricorrere a lettere telefonate etc etc. Hai idea perche questa confusione nel comune di nascita della mia Bisnonna? Conosco un po lastoria di quelle province ma confondere il comune? boh

Cordiali saluti

Vincenzo Genualdi
Palermo
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

nazca wrote:Buonasera Fabio,

desideravo sottoporti una domanda che poco ha a che vedere con il tuo post : anch'io sto ricostruendo la genealogia della mia famiglia e nel corso degli anni sono riuscito a trovare i luoghi e le date di nascita dei miei bisnonni e dei suoi dieci figli sparsi per l'allora regno delle due sicilie e del successivo regno d'italia. La mia bisnonna sembrerebbe nata , cito testualmente un certificato che ho richiesto al comune di Alghero dove è nato un loro figlio, " a Prata Sannita o Avellino o Prati provincia di Terra di Lavoro di anni 22 nel 1871 ". Il suo nome era Concetta Davola Freda. Anche sul cognome ho avuto parecchie difficoltà a capire se fosse corretto ma questa è un altra storia. Ho provato a scrivere al comune di Prata Sannita ma mi hanno risposto che non risultava tale nominativo (ho precisato che poteva essere troncato o storpiato). Adesso la mia bisnonna riposa al mount carmel cemetery a Chicago insieme ad alcuni suoi figli. Incredibilmente so piu' di Lei da morta che da viva. C'e un mio post sull'argomento ed altri utenti mi stanno aiutando a cercare tracce dei miei parenti negli states ma finora senza grossi successi. Vorrei tanto capire dov'è nata ma in Italia dove non c'è quasi nulla informatizzato devo ricorrere a lettere telefonate etc etc. Hai idea perche questa confusione nel comune di nascita della mia Bisnonna? Conosco un po lastoria di quelle province ma confondere il comune? boh

Cordiali saluti

Vincenzo Genualdi
Palermo

Egregio Sig. Genualdi,
la prego di perdonarmi per il ritardo della mia risposta dovuto ai tanti impegni quotidiani.
Per quel che concerne la sua ricerca, le suggerirei di provare a contattare il Comune di Prata di Principato Ultra, in provincia di Avellino, località in cui del resto attualmente risiedono molteplici famiglie Freda.
La prego di aggiornarci circa l'esito delle sue interessanti indagini.
Le porgo i miei più cordiali saluti,
FabioP.
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

Grazie per il suggerimento Fabio,

ho inviato una mail al comune di Prata . Immagino che mi richiederanno una tradizionale richiesta scritta ma avendo visto che il responsabile dell'Ufficio Anagrafe e dello Stato Civile oltre che dell'Ufficio Leva è il sig. Ermmano FREDA(magari un lontanissimo parente) non ho resistito a scrivere subito una mail .

Cordiali saluti

Vincenzo.
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
afinelli

Post by afinelli »

Hello Fabio:
Do you have any information about the ancestors of my great-grandfather, Ferdinando Finelli of Colle Sannita, who must have been born in the mid- to late-1800s. I believe he had a sister, Graziella. He was married more than once. One of his wives was named, I believe, Teresa Del Grosso (or Del Grasso). His children were Antonio (born in late 1880s or early 1890s) , Concetta, Filomena and Angelo. Antonio married Annamaria Martucci (or Martuccio). Their children were Ferdinando, Giuseppe, Angela (born in Colle Sannita) and Donato (born in New York City, U.S.A). Do you know if the ancestors of Ferdinando Finelli migrated to Colle from some other village or City in the region?
Grazie mille,
Anton Finelli
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

afinelli wrote:Hello Fabio:
Do you have any information about the ancestors of my great-grandfather, Ferdinando Finelli of Colle Sannita, who must have been born in the mid- to late-1800s. I believe he had a sister, Graziella. He was married more than once. One of his wives was named, I believe, Teresa Del Grosso (or Del Grasso). His children were Antonio (born in late 1880s or early 1890s) , Concetta, Filomena and Angelo. Antonio married Annamaria Martucci (or Martuccio). Their children were Ferdinando, Giuseppe, Angela (born in Colle Sannita) and Donato (born in New York City, U.S.A). Do you know if the ancestors of Ferdinando Finelli migrated to Colle from some other village or City in the region?
Grazie mille,
Anton Finelli

Hello Anton,

I have the informations you need:

your Ancestors were from Colle Sannita: your surname was in the past Finella, and became Finelli in XIX century.

Ferdinando Finelli was born in Colle Sannita on Jenuary 13, 1869; his parents were Antonio Finella and Filomena Nista.
Ferdinando married Innocenza Del Grosso (born on September 22, 1869; daughter of Innocenzo Del Grosso and Innocenza Piacquadio)

Antonio Finella (Ferdinando's father) was born in Colle on July 22, 1834, and his parents were Costanzo Finella (born 1790) and Maria Giuseppa Piacquadio (born 1797)

Costanzo Finella and his wife Maria Giuseppa Piacquadio had many children:
1. Serafina Finella (b. 1814), married Innocenzo Mascia
2. Giovanni Finella (b. 1820), married Caterina Petti
3. Ferdinando Finella (b. 1825), died soldier in 1845
4. Cosmo Finella (b. May 23, 1829), m. Filomena Pozzuto
5. Angelo Finella (b. 1830 ca.)
6. Damiano (b. 1832)
7. Antonio (your ancestor, b. July 22, 1834), married Filomena Nista

Costanzo Finella (b. 1790 ca.) was son of Angelo Finella and Libera Basile; his wife Maria Giuseppa Piacquadio (b. 1797) was daughter of Gianbattista Piacquadio and Caterina Iacobaccio.

I hope you enjoy these informations.

Best Regards
Fabio Paolucci

P.S. if you have ancient pictures of your Ancestors for the book I'm writing about Families from Colle Sannita, please contact me.
wburger77

Post by wburger77 »

Hi I am researching my Family line on the “Del Grossoâ€
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

Hello Bill,

there was in Colle Sannita an ancient noble family Del Grosso, with aristocratic palace in the town square. In this family was born Remigio Del Grosso (Colle Sannita, May 20, 1813 – Naples, February 29, 1876), astronomer, poet, philosopher and university professor.
This family was related to my Ancestors in Colle Sannita, and a my great-great-great-great-grandmother was a Del Grosso, daughter of another Remigio Del Grosso.

There were in Colle Sannita other Del Grosso families not related to this ancient family: if you tell me the names of Luigi Del Grosso's parents, I will be very happy to research their names in my documents and discover if they were related to the noble family Del Grosso .

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,
Dr. Fabio Paolucci
wburger77

Post by wburger77 »

Thanks for the quick reply.
Here is the information on Luigi Del Grosso's Father.
His name was Ignazio Del Grosso. I do not have any dates on Ignazio but this information was obtained through Armando Del Grosso, the son of Luigi Del Grosso, the son of Ignazio Del Grosso.

Luigi Del Grosso was married twice.
First to Giuseppina Di Peso
Second to Gaetana Piroscafo.

I hope this helps in finding the information i am looking for.
I can't wait to hear back from you.
Thanks Again for everything!!!
Bill