PETTI Family from Oratino (CB)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Re: PETTI Family from Oratino (CB)

Post by JohnArmellino »

Hi Cody

Yes, I have your family in my database. Domenicantonio Latessa was born on 19 FEB 1860 in Oratino, the son of Bonifacio Latessa (born 04 MAR 1832 in Oratino) and Mariantonia Fatica (born 12 MAY 1831 in Oratino) . He married Mariangiola Fatica on 27 DEC 1883 in Oratino. Mariangiola Fatica was born on 16 APR 1861 in Oratino, the daughter of Pietro Fatica (born 13 APR 1817 in Oratino) and Cecilia Iafelice (born 24 OCT 1822 in Oratino).

I don't have your GGF Bonifacio Latessa in my database. I haven't yet canvassed the birth records but only the marriage records, so if he was married outside of Oratino I would not have picked him up. I do have two children for Domenicantonio Latessa and Mariangiola Fatica -- Gennaro Latessa (born circa 1885; married Angela Maria Ciancibelli) and Domenicantonio Latessa ( born 30 OCT 1900; married Maria Loreta Brunetti).

We made contact a few years ago, but didn't make a connection at that time. I have a few more generations and I can generate an Ahnentafel Chart for you. If you like I can post it here or send it to you via e-mail. Let me know.
John Armellino
CRussell14

Post by CRussell14 »

That would be great. My e-mail address is kacrussell@aol.com

My GGF immagrated to the U.S. sometime around 1912 (he was single at the time) Gennaro would soon follow him and they would settle in the Cleveland area (Willoughby, Ohio) and worked at the Cleveland Rubber Co. He was married sometime around 1927 to Iona Cora Clement. The had my grandmother Marjory Latessa in May of 1928.

Gennaro died June 19, 1957 ( I have the announcement card from the funeral home) and My GGF Bonafacion (aka "Benny) died November 4, 1961.

I was just doing a search and saw a conversation on Ancestry.com you had with another guy in Canada looking for my side of the family. His name was Edi Latessa. You wouldn't my chance have his e-mail address would you?
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Cody - I will send an Ahnentafel Chart and a Pedigree Chart. I will also include Edi Latessa's email address. She (Edi is a feminine name, isn't it...if not, I am so embarrassed!) is definitely your cousin, sharing your Latessa/Fatica line. She is my 8C on her maternal line.
John Armellino
CRussell14

Post by CRussell14 »

Thank You Very Much. I just got off the phone with my grandmother and she is so excited about the information. It seems that when my GGF came to the states he tried hard to only be a American and didn't talk about Italy much so even my grandmother didn't know any of this.
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Dele
John Armellino
dclark5443

Post by dclark5443 »

CRussell14 wrote:Do you have any Latessa's in your database? My great grandfather is Bonifacio Latessa(b1891), originally from Oratino, immigrated to the U.S. sometime around 1912 and settled in Cleveland area.
raffaelepetti

Post by raffaelepetti »

Hello John,

I was surfing the web for Oratino and came upon your posting about the Petti family of Oratino. I may be the only living Petti born in Oratino that I know of. I have very little information about my family tree but I will be happy to share what I know. You can email me at; raffaelepetti183@gmail.com.

Raffaele
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Ciao Raffaele

Oratino is my favorite town in Molise. I have been there on two occasions. Once in 2006 for a couple of days and again in 2008 for several days. I have met two people named Petti on these visits. In 2006, I met my cousin Adula Petti. In 2008, I met a young woman with the surname Petti, but I can't remember her given name. As you might imagine, we are probably cousins. Have you ever seen the Petti Family Tree that Dante Gentile Lorusso prepared? Anselmo di Cristofaro showed it to me; he has a copy at his surveyor's office. On my last trip I met a number of members of the de Socio family - Paulo, Giulio, and Luigi. They are my cousins via the di Soccio family tree (of Campobasso). We had a delicious dinner at Nicola Iafelice's restaurant. I also met Eileen and Nick Mastrangelo on my first trip. Wonderful people! If you can give me the names of your grandparents or great-grandparents (my database starts with the marriages of 1910 and earlier), I will look for a connection.
John Armellino