Opinions......

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Opinions......

Post by wldspirit »

Previously downloaded the PAF from Lds.....not only is it free, it is quite easy to use....just doesn't offer anything in the way of creativity........but I think I have found a way around that.........been searching graphics, clipart and backgrounds all day......

http://www.marvelcreations.com/index2.html

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehou ... index.html

both of these have some nice images which can be modified.......
wldspirit
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

oooooh.... ahhhh......I like these sites Lisa! :D :D

Thanks. More toys to play with. I'm never going to get any work done now! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sent you a PM....

Nuccia :D
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

Nuccia,
Just posted this on the Find a Grave Site, thanks again

I am looking to find information on Birth Mother who passed away in Ottawa in 1996 at age 55.
She resided in the Ottawa-Hull Gatineau areas prior to being hospitalized with Cancer (that she died from). Either at the Ottawa Civic or the Ottawa General.

I need to put together a list of all women that passed in that year as it was an adoption situation and her Name is unknown. There were three children adopted out through Quebec and their records aren't open yet.
The person looking for this information is a girl child (now adult)that was adopted to the Ottawa-Cornwall Ontario region. She is looking fo this information to help in her search for her siblings.

If anyone could help me compile this list I would be grateful. It is hard enough to find someone when you have a name but she doesn't (when she did get the medical info (needed for herself 2005 is when she found out her Mother had died 9 years before)

Any Help Please: end of message posted
Prayers will help this is a real long shot.......hard enough when you have a name even if it is the wrong one than none at all
Hugs
Janice
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

This site might also help...

http://forums.adoption.com/forumdisplay ... 8dcd&f=178

And definitely PM Trish and ask her advice. She was adopted and give give you some good advice about how to go about this!

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

I have been playing for hours now........and I got nothing done today!!!
Went from one site to another, and another.........oh well.....I saved tons of what I found......figure I'll burn my own graphic cd for backup.....

Also, the thought occured to me......I also do scrapbooking...so why not scan some suitable papers into my image program to use for my charts......ahhhh......the creative juices are flowing now!!!!!!!!!

and my husband wonders what I do all day....... :wink:

wldspirit
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who gets into it with the hubby over this!

It amazes me how we can work, cook, do laundry, raise the kids, etc and men can sit down, grab a beer and watch tv, and b...ch about taking out the garbage and then have the nerve to us us what we do all day when we sit down for a while! :evil: :evil: Like we do this all the time!!!

Nuccia :twisted:
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

well folks have been all over tonight and have to retire as 5am comes early

Let the Bells ring out and the banners fly "that cat goes to the vet tomorrow" no more all night howling sessions.

Like the red eyes Nuccia

Janice
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Good Janice..

Thanks :roll: :roll: ...I have to be up by 3 so I need to hit the sack, too.

Nite All!

Nuccia
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

I'm probably stating the horribly obvious - but did your friend dig out a copy of her birth mothers death certificate? I don't know about Canadian certificates, but in Scotland that would list the full names of both parents, maiden name of the mother, and occupations.

Sorry if I'm suggesting something already done :oops:

Marisa

Stick figures never did L S Lowry any harm :!:

Just realised you don't have a name. Stupid me :oops: :oops: :oops:
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Wow, you lot certainly are early risers. I'm a night owl rather than an early bird, and definitely not a morning person! I don't function until I have had a large injection of caffeine, and if I'm up anything earlier than about 7:00am I am in a grump until lunch time :evil:

Marisa xx
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

marisa,

Getting up early for me is not my choice! I have to be at work early...and right now I'm really late! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nuccia
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

nuccia wrote:I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who gets into it with the hubby over this!

It amazes me how we can work, cook, do laundry, raise the kids, etc and men can sit down, grab a beer and watch tv, and b...ch about taking out the garbage and then have the nerve to us us what we do all day when we sit down for a while! :evil: :evil: Like we do this all the time!!!

Nuccia :twisted:

Are you sure your not married to my husband :?: :?: :?: ............. Guess all husbands were cloned from the same dork :!:
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

jcsm400,

You got that right! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nuccia :D
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

They are the same the world over! Mine looks at me with those big puppy eyes if I leave him alone for a while - but if there is something he wants to watch on TV - ie soccer or some tasteless film with ladies who are less than completely dressed - then its 'why don't you go on your computer' Huh! :|

Marisa xx
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Marisa,

They not only say this so we'll leave them alone for that moment, but so they will have something to complain about and defend themselves with when they do something wrong and feel guilty about it!

Okay, this men bashing is becoming too much fun....we should stop or we'll waste another day "doing nothing" (and enjoy it!).

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database