more info about the quaglieni family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Sebastian-quaglieni

Re: more info about the quaglieni family

Post by Sebastian-quaglieni »

Hi Rita; hope to answer your questions;
Great news! But I have a question.
What is the date your grandfather died, do not know, not on death certificate.

do you also have his birth date? not on certificate.

It's just to look further in the family tree. Hope to hear from you soon.

My cousin Mary says we have to investagate if the information give on Death Certificate was just made-up from memory by my uncle. Now I have my grandfarthers Social Security Number, maybe I can find out more about him. He was born in New Jersey USA, but New Jersey lists the birth certificates by County, don't know which of the many counties he was born in. Will keep you informed.

Yours truly Don Sebastian
skippie

Post by skippie »

I am niece of Donald Sebastian and am wondering if this is the same Donald Sebastian from Troy, S.C. who is a Baptist Minister. I have been unable to reach him lately. Also, if this is my uncle, I'm very interested in getting in on the Italian Ancestry as my husband is Italian/American and we have found his family in Italy. The experience has been fascinating and fulfilling. Thank you.
Sebastian-quaglieni

Hi from Donald Sebastian; I'm not at Baptist Minister, I'm in aviation. Does your Uncle have any name connected with Quaglieni? I am trying to find out who my Great Grandfarther is, Louis or Romeo Sebastian-Quaglieni.
Below is some information on these two men.

SEBASTIAN, ROMEO. (d. February 3, 1919) Pad rider. Son of Signor Quaglieni and brother of Louie Sebastian. George F. Bailey & Co., 1868; Batcheller & Doris, 1870; P. T. Barnum’s 1873, 1875-76; Great Southern, 1874; Montgomery Queen’s, 1875; John Wilson’s, San Francisco, 1875; Adam Forepaugh’s, 1876-77; International Circus, Offenbach Garden, Philadelphia, winter 1876-77; (with his boy, Little Joe) Orrin Bros.’, Havana, winter 1877-78; W. W. Cole’s, 1878; Allen’s Great Eastern, 1879; Batcheller & Doris, 1879-80; P. T. Barnum’s, 1879; Orrin Bros.’, Metropolitan Theatre, Havana, winter 1879-80; Batcheller & Doris, 1881; Nathans & Co.’s, 1882; Hengler’s, London, 1886; Circus Busch, Germany, 1888. Returned to America, 1894, after about 12 years in Europe. Used to sit on a chair on the back of a running horse and read a newspaper. Died in Victoria, British Columbia.

SEBASTIAN, LOUIS. Bareback rider. Son of Signor Quaglieni and brother of Romeo Sebastian. English postillion on four Shetland ponies, Montgomery Queen’s, California, 1876-77; carrying act with father, P. T. Barnum’s, 1879.
skippie

Post by skippie »

Too bad you're not my uncle. Coincidentally, my grandfather, Uncle Donald's father, is named Albert LOUIS Sebastian. We heard long ago that our family had some Italian ancestry. Shirt tail relatives? Who knows. They were from Arkansas/Oklahoma and my grandfather was a bridge builder near Tulsa.
Nunsiata
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nunsiata »

Dear Don & Rita:
I live in New Jersey, so if you need any information on cities, counties or whatever. please let me know.
I'll be glad to help.

N
GaryLedger

Post by GaryLedger »

Hi Rita

This link may be of interest to you it shows when the Quaglieni family were naturalised as British citizens.

Antonio was issued with his certificate 20 Feb 1866. Then on 28 March 1866 Amelia, Adelaide, Romeo & Luigi received theirs

http://www.anglo-italianfhs.org.uk/docs/misc05q.pdf

Gary
GaryLedger

Post by GaryLedger »

Hi Donald

There is a Romeo Sebastian on the 1910 US census as well as the free 1880 one. I've had a thought that maybe it's worthwhile to use the 14 day free trial on Ancestry.com to view the record as it may help and maybe you can find others as well. I have used their site before for the free trial and it's no trouble cancelling before they bill you, they really are a great site.

Regards Gary
Sebastian-quaglieni

Thank Gary for the information. My cousin in Colorodo and I will search for this. Don Sebastian-Quaglieni
GaryLedger

Post by GaryLedger »

Hi Again

I have been looking at the Ancestry US records for my unrelated Suckley family and remembered about the Sebastian-Quaglieni puzzle and had a quick search. I have found the following, please tell me if it is of any use and I will try to expand on it if it is.

1910 census. 8th Avenue, Manhattan, NY
Mary Quaglieni, Widow, 2 children, born abt 1865 Pennsylvania, mother & father born Ireland
Victor L Quaglieni, Son, born abt 1882 New York, Agent, mother born Pennsylvania, father born Italy
Antonio Quaglieni, Son, born abt 1886 New Jersey, Waiter in restaurant, mother born Pennsylvania, father born Italy

I've had another look at the information you already have and this census return sounds promising for you to go on. I will have a quick look for corroborating information for this for you.

1920 Manhattan
Anthony Sebastian, Lodger, Married, Born abt 1872 New York, Waiter in restaurant, Father born Italy, Mother born Ireland.

Sincerely Gary