Pls. Help: Munic Archvs docs corrections. NYC: App Rejected

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
JavaisLife
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Pls. Help: Munic Archvs docs corrections. NYC: App Rejec

Post by JavaisLife »

Yes, you'll have to translate them. ... You can contact the person who did mine Simone - he's super fast. I think it's Joe Cordero btw. Just ask for Mr Cordero (you're not on a first name basis anyway :)).

-M
apple0202

Post by apple0202 »

please hope sombody can help, here is the situation my fathers birth certicate from NYC indicates Antonio and all his other documents say Anthony John/J, when I call the NYC health dept was told would have to petetion the court to change, so call the NY State Suprem court who gave me the number to legal, I was told that only the living person can make changes and this is located in NY State Public health law.

I can not find this anywhere need help please also has anybody found in writting where certificate of naturalization can be corrected by the person(living) only?

nccmcpo@yahoo.com
NOLATom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NOLATom »

Marie,

Now that someone brought your thread back to the top of the list and I got a chance to read it, i am curious about the final outcome. Was your citizenship recognized by the NY consulate?
rjnigro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rjnigro »

Re the "Ken Cobb" letter/s ... Do they have to be translated and Apostille obtained?
rjnigro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rjnigro »

I am writing this letter in response to correct the errors in the birth certificate of _________ (certificate #xxx of year), that you obtained from the NYC Department of Records/Municipal Archives.

Please be advised that all birth records prior to 1910, have been transferred from the NYC Department of Health to permanent custody of the NYC Department of Records/Municipal Archives along w/ al the marriage records prior to 1938, and all death records prior to 1949, and these vital records, therefore, cannot be amended corrected or changed in any way. However, an examination of this document and related vital records pertaining to _____name____, indicates that "Last Name Spelled Wrong" is a hand-generated misspelling of the family name "Proper Spelling." And the mother's name, "Misspelling" is similarly a hand-generated misspelling of the family name "Proper Spelling." In addition, the mother's name before marriage as indicated on the certificate as "M. Last name" is incorrect; the correct name is "Full first name and Last" and the birthplace should be New York City; not New York.

Sincerely,
That was previously mentioned to be the letter issued by Kenneth Cobb ... The letters I received today, one each for two documents, did not include the information of what the document said and what it should be. All the letters say is that they can not amend, correct, or change. I am going to prepare an affidavit and get it notarized detailing the specific changes and include it with my submission to the consulate.

Any thoughts?