ASCIUTTO // BOTTINO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: ASCIUTTO // BOTTINO

Post by maestra36 »

the addresses don't match up, but that really doesn't prove anything since early immigrants tended to move from bldg to bldg
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

T, I'm calling it a night. Probably talk to you tomorrow. Peg
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I found the following on www.rootsweb.com and you may be the person who posted it there. If not, there is a contact person and email address there

.from Streator Daily Times-Press
Saturday, February 4, 1956, page 04
JOSEPH BOTTINO DIES IN CHICAGO
Rites to be in Chicago Monday Morning for Former Local Resident.
Joseph Bottino, 89, of Chicago, a former Streator resident and father of Louis and John Bottino, local plasterers, died Thursday night in a hospital there after an illness of two months.
Services will be held Monday morning at 9:30 o'clock in St. Phillip's church, Chicago, wight burial following in Mt. Carmel cemetery there. Friends may call at the Lucania funeral home, 429 W. fourth Ave., Chicago, from 2 to 10 o'clock Saturday and Sunday evenings.
Mr. Bottino a plasterer by trade and a member of Local 156 for 30 years, left Streator in 1937 to reside in Chicago. He is survived by his wife, Josephine; six daughters, Mrs. Connie Doran, Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Josephine Frinco, Mrs. Agnes Comprisse, Mrs. Antonette Luncha and Rose at home; all of Chicago; another son, Steve also of Chicago, in addition to Louis and John here.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

under world connect project on that website
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

His age at death gives us an 1867 year of birth
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

If you search Asciutto surname on ancestry.com message boards-

"I am looking for a friend of mine Josephine Asciutto is his mother and he only knows she came from cicily she was born march 19 1882 and married Joseph Bottino also born in Cicily october 1 1867 they selted in the Chicago area where my friend was born Feb 25 1924"
williamsburger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by williamsburger »

I don't know if you're interested, but my mother's side of the family is named Asciutto... there's quite a large group of us around New York City.
Jaydee

Post by Jaydee »

I have been searching for info for my grandparents Giuseppe Bottino and Giustina Asciutto and I could see my second cousin Nikki has done a lot of work also.
I may be able to answer a lot of questions.
I do know there were 2 sons named Steve or Stephano. The first born Steve died in a fire. I believe 1-2 other children also died. I do not know what year, but it was in Chicago.
My grandfather was born in 1967 he was 12 years older than my grandmother.
To williamsburger: I am interested in the Asciutto's in New York. I am not sure if my grandmother's family came over, I could be wrong.
I know my grandfather had relatives in Philadelphia, PA.
ralphandalice

Post by ralphandalice »

Also related to Bottino+Asciutto in NYC area Also Longo
ralphandalice

Post by ralphandalice »

I'm Sarifina's (Sadie) grandson Giustina is my great grandmother and, the story is true. Don't know the reasoning they never spoke about it.I'm a descendant of the first family .