Aldorisio Family Torella dei Lombardi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
RobertAldo

Re: Aldorisio Family Torella dei Lombardi

Post by RobertAldo »

The Angela Pullo manifest doesn't really make sense. If you look at the "passenger record" it says she was 21 years old (born about 1872), other information I have suggests she was born around 1860. I have information that says that she and her son Generoso (Joseph) arrived in March 1890. I guess it is possible that the documents created at the time are correct and the documents created many years later, based on people's recollections, are less accurate. But it does make it difficult to be sure.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

She is listed in the www.castlegarden.org website as being aged 31 in 1893 the year of her arrival in the USA making her birth year 1862 provided she is the person that relates. =Peter=
~Peter~
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Bob,
You're right, later records tend to be off a bit.
His naturalization documents didn't include a 'certificate of arrival' for his ship.
I'm guessing they couldn't find his manifest based on the information he gave in his 1926 declaration and 1928 petition.
Considering that he had to go by what his parents told him, it's not unusual that it would be off by a few years.
If you check the 3's elsewhere on the manifest I think you may agree that the transcription of '21' for Angela's age may be inaccurate.
Valarie
gobearz

Post by gobearz »

My family is from Torella as well and married a Pullo.

Here is your ancestor's marriage from LDS film # 1743727

1886 marriage # 20, Nov 25
Vincenzo Giovanni Aldosinio, age 23, son of Luigi and Maria Giuseppa di Masi (not sure of surname)
marrying
Angiolina Margarita Pullo, age 24, daughter of Generoso and Maria (surname really hard to read the script)

Michael
gobearz

Post by gobearz »

sorry Aldorisio not Aldosinio
RobertAldo

Post by RobertAldo »

In the 2 years since that original posting I have learned a tremendous amount. I have been reviewing the LDS films as well, although I haven't gotten up to that record yet. Where do you fit in the family tree? Please email me at raldorisio@gmail.com. I now have a family tree with almost 900 names in it, probably over 700 born before 1900. Maybe I can help you with something. Bob