Search found 523 matches

by sceaminmonkey
01 Jan 2015, 18:23
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Chances of dual citizenship lost?
Replies: 8
Views: 3903

Re: Chances of dual citizenship lost?

Federal documents are the tricky part. It won't matter what state you are in. a local court has no power to correct a naturalization certificate etc
by sceaminmonkey
25 Dec 2014, 04:17
Topic: Costa Rican Embassy
Views: 2932

Re: Costa Rican Embassy

Honestly, I can't really agree with this statement. Consular employees who deal with the public are usually not a happy lot and my fellow countrymen are no exception to that, but adding extra hurdles for no reason would be terribly inconvenient not only for applicants but for themselves as well. un...
by sceaminmonkey
23 Dec 2014, 03:06

yes Arturo you are correct in theory....... when it happened to me by that time I was a pro and had everything certified and apostilled to the point where the NYS department of State employees knew me by name. It is obvious that certain consulate employees just want to make it harder. there are more...
by sceaminmonkey
20 Dec 2014, 03:34
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Italian Language software.
Replies: 2
Views: 1385

Re: Italian Language software.

were you able to compare them to other products though?
by sceaminmonkey
18 Dec 2014, 10:33

p.s lawyers were no use here in the U.S and an utter waste of money. Paid for consolation to be told its not possible
by sceaminmonkey
18 Dec 2014, 10:32

A few words of encouragement. Don't give up. If you want it bad enough you will get it. From what I understand I am the first person or one of the first in NYC to actually find an appropriate and legitimate route to getting people declared one in the same by a judge. That may be presumptuous but it ...
by sceaminmonkey
18 Dec 2014, 10:22
Topic: Italian Language software.
Views: 1385

Italian Language software.

Hello, I am trying really hard to learn italian at the moment. I am curious about reviews for language learning software. I got a good deal on rosetta stone the complete set for 180 bucks so I went ahead and got it. Does anyone have a legitimate review of it ? all I find are ads and counter ads. Doe...
by sceaminmonkey
15 Dec 2014, 19:06
Topic: Sciortino. Is US passport info available?
Views: 1922

Re: Sciortino. Is US passport info available?

you can try filling out a FOIA but I have done many of those and usually don't get that kind of information. That is your best route though. If he was born out of america you can also try having an index search done on him and they will provide you with what kind of documents they have at USCIS
by sceaminmonkey
15 Dec 2014, 18:49

I applied through NYC and when my family was done my brother did it in japan. I remember that the italian consulate in japan had to get his documents authenticated by the NYC consulate despite the fact it had an apostille. However the consulate facilitated all of this while we waited so I wouldn't w...
by sceaminmonkey
13 Dec 2014, 02:28
Topic: Language schools in NYC
Replies: 1
Views: 1016

Language schools in NYC

just curious if anyone can suggest any good language schools in NYC for italian. I don't want to take it at a college I want it to be an immersion type course. If anyone has a suggestion it will be much appreciated
by sceaminmonkey
02 Oct 2014, 22:30
Topic: Records for C files etc
Replies: 0
Views: 906

Records for C files etc

I am curious if USCIS has original copies of passport photos for immigrants that came over prior to teh creation of A-files. Is it worth it for me to fill out a FOIA or index search?
by sceaminmonkey
02 Oct 2014, 22:28
Topic: Jure sanguinis citizenship questions
Replies: 6
Views: 2270

Re: Jure sanguinis citizenship questions

I personally had to have documents authenticated at the PA consulate even though my appointment was in NYC. apostilles dont mean anything to them when you are abroad either. My brother went though tokyo consulate and they sent his documents back to the NYC consulate to be authenticated.
by sceaminmonkey
22 Jun 2012, 05:50
Topic: renounce italian citizenship
Views: 2053

renounce italian citizenship

I don't want to get in to details but, how does one renounce italian citizenship. I am not interested in doing it but if one wanted to do so what would be the process?
by sceaminmonkey
05 Feb 2012, 05:56
Topic: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?
Replies: 41
Views: 15349

Re: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?

also i want to point out a lot of times the courts try to say this is a federal court issue since its usics. I went to federal court and the usics. they told me it was supreme court. don't let them dump off this on the other. find out exactly where he was naturalized and go to the issuing authority!
by sceaminmonkey
05 Feb 2012, 05:53
Topic: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?
Replies: 41
Views: 15349

Re: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?

I got a letter pertaining to a naturalization document, in my case the defendant is actually listed online as my GGF who's naturalization certificate it was. I am sorry I can not be more of a help as far as phily goes but the expats forum post that rnigro posted seems to be your best bet. In my case...