Search found 113 matches

by beauac
02 Nov 2010, 00:11
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: favor to ask, please search something
Replies: 5
Views: 1846

Re: favor to ask, please search something

Thanks for trying but I don't think thats him. Maybe another relative though.
by beauac
01 Nov 2010, 22:41
Topic: One week til appointment, what do I need to know?
Replies: 26
Views: 6759

Re: One week til appointment, what do I need to know?

I dont have any tips for you because I havent had my appt yet but I wanted to tell you Im very excited for you, good luck and lets us know how it goes :) Alicia Thanks alot. I will no doubt create a thread the day I go. I know there are alot of people here who want to know what the embassy says abo...
by beauac
01 Nov 2010, 22:39
Topic: favor to ask, please search something
Replies: 5
Views: 1846

favor to ask, please search something

Anybody have ancestry.com? Can you search NYC births there? I was sure you could search the databases at italiangen.org for a 1900 birth but apparently it starts from 1901. I need to see if there is a birth record for Donato Caruso, born in Manhattan on either September 23 or 26, 1900. His parents w...
by beauac
01 Nov 2010, 21:14
Topic: One week til appointment, what do I need to know?
Replies: 26
Views: 6759

One week til appointment, what do I need to know?

So for those who have been through this in Manhattan please tell me what I should bring (besides obvious documents) or look out for. How early should I show up? Do I need money? Tips or pointers welcome.
by beauac
31 Oct 2010, 00:48
Topic: Early 20th century and mistakes on documents
Replies: 1
Views: 1110

Early 20th century and mistakes on documents

This thread is half serious and half just venting. I am so fed up with these mistakes on old records. Today I received my gggrandparents divorce records and wow what a doozy. On all my records my ancestor is called Luigi and then later on Louis. Now today I have seen a new one: Lueay. I guess when y...
by beauac
30 Oct 2010, 00:07
Topic: Question about g-grandmother's citizenship
Replies: 17
Views: 4160

Re: Question about g-grandmother's citizenship

I am curious, in a very general way, why so many people want it. The idea of moving to Italy is very attractive to me, in a pie-in-sky, one-day-if-I-win-the-lottery sort of way. But, if anyone here would like to share why they have pursued/are pursuing it, I'd love to hear. Its a ticket to the EU. ...
by beauac
29 Oct 2010, 17:47
Topic: Use Italian version of american names
Replies: 8
Views: 2552

Re: Use Italian version of american names

Publish it in a newspaper, stand before a judge? Glad I live in CT where you basically pay, fill out a form and then thats the end of it, they give you the court order with the new name.
by beauac
28 Oct 2010, 16:00
Topic: Last problem, what are your thoughts
Replies: 15
Views: 3699

Re: Last problem, what are your thoughts

Yeh but on the marriage and death it also lists his dad which is why I thought I was safe. Anyway Ill try to get that baptism but there is zero chance of getting a birth cert, because one never existed to begin with. Also like you said I will see what they say.
by beauac
28 Oct 2010, 15:50

I just called our lady of mt carmel church. The best they could do for me is have a meeting on monday where we could look for the baptism record. This church is where my gggf married in 1899 and his son was born in 1900 so what are the chances his son was baptised here? They continued to live in the...
by beauac
28 Oct 2010, 15:45

No I did not think of that because I would have to guess which church in NYC. I can probably try the church where his parents married. Ill call them now. I did not think it would be a big deal because I have all of his other records.
by beauac
28 Oct 2010, 14:42

Well there is no birth record for my great grandfather because a huge number of births in NYC at that time happened at home and were not recorded. So all I have is a no records found. Luckily I have every other document for him.
by beauac
28 Oct 2010, 14:22

I see what you mean. When I got a no records found for my great grandfathers birth I just told them it was not found and they believed me and issued a no records found. This time they probably searched and found it. Hmm. So you dont think it could be a huge problem to present the death record with t...
by beauac
28 Oct 2010, 13:00

Last problem, what are your thoughts

So I now have almost everything I need, there is only one concern left. I have the actual death record of my great great grandfather but on it is listed an incorrect birthday year which is more than a few years off. I had plans to get a no records found in place of this but when I went into the NYC ...
by beauac
27 Oct 2010, 22:42
Topic: How to know when your citizenship has been approved by Italy
Replies: 38
Views: 22042

Re: How to know when your citizenship has been approved by I

Ok. I hope my documents please the consulate on Nov 8th. Its kind of weird that my appointment, which was a cancellation, falls on the birthday of my great great grandfather who I am trying to get citizenship through. Could it be a good sign? :D
by beauac
27 Oct 2010, 18:47
Topic: How to know when your citizenship has been approved by Italy
Replies: 38
Views: 22042

Re: How to know when your citizenship has been approved by I

Depends on the consulate. In NY, the consulate reviews your documents, and if it deems that you are qualified, they send the documents to your ancestral comune for registration. At the same time, they notify you that you have been approved and can obtain a passport. Other consulates require you to ...