Search found 113 matches

by beauac
10 Nov 2010, 12:07
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Story of my NYC appointment today
Replies: 13
Views: 3649

Re: Story of my NYC appointment today

They did not give me an email address. The asked me to write down my email address on the top of the form they made me fill out at the start. I think they meant I should email the general consulate email which is why I thought it was nothing special. People have said that nobody ever answers those e...
by beauac
09 Nov 2010, 14:10

I just called for a new appointment. July 29th 2011. I am leaving for Germany soon and wont be back until late december. I guess I wont work on anything until the begining of the new year so it may actually take me all that time to finish. I guess there are worse things. The guy told me he would loo...
by beauac
08 Nov 2010, 22:41

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. If anything this appointment was good because now I know I am definately eligible (they wouldn't make me get more documents and tell me to come back if I wasn't right??) and secondly I now know exactly what they want to see with regard to my documents....
by beauac
08 Nov 2010, 19:05

Story of my NYC appointment today

I promised I would write about my meeting and here it is. I arrived at the place at 9 o clock or shortly after. I was brought past security and then told to go to the 2nd floor waiting room. My appointment was scheduled for 11 yet suprisingly after sitting down for two to three minutes I was called ...
by beauac
08 Nov 2010, 00:42
Topic: Which copies are needed?
Replies: 9
Views: 2797

Re: Which copies are needed?

I just realized that I overlooked something very important when giving my docs a final lookover. 8O I might be in some trouble tommorow because of it. But I am sick of being neurotic about this whole thing so f it. I am only human after all so tommorow, come what may, its just another day of life. S...
by beauac
07 Nov 2010, 17:08

Re: Which copies are needed?

Can someone who has had an appointment say whether or not copies of the Italian translations are needed? My appointment is tommorow and I need to know. Thanks.
by beauac
06 Nov 2010, 21:29

Which copies are needed?

I am putting the finishing touches on my presentation before I go to NYC monday for my meeting. I read somewhere you should bring a copy of every document (I have it) but do you need a copy of the Italian translations as well? Its a lot of copies, I am trying to bring only whats needed. Thanks.
by beauac
04 Nov 2010, 18:47
Topic: One week til appointment, what do I need to know?
Replies: 26
Views: 6759

Re: One week til appointment, what do I need to know?

My e-mail from the appointment service said to provide a pre-paid Fedex, DHL or UPS envelope to have "your passport returned by mail." But I don't know if they take your US passport for processing or is this your new Italian passport? I just read this now. Can anyone who has had an appoin...
by beauac
04 Nov 2010, 18:08
Topic: DO LETTERS OF CAN NOT AMEND NEED TO BE TRANSLATED?
Replies: 6
Views: 1415

Re: DO LETTERS OF CAN NOT AMEND NEED TO BE TRANSLATED?

Seems like they would appreciate it but lets hear what others say. The better question is why do they need such a letter to begin with when they have been over it with people a million times and by now should know the story.
by beauac
04 Nov 2010, 18:01

Someone else said they heard back in 4 weeks. I wonder why the difference?
by beauac
03 Nov 2010, 14:15
Topic: How important is it to have a letter stating no amending
Replies: 3
Views: 1303

Re: How important is it to have a letter stating no amending

I still do not have any letter stating a no amending policy to bring with me to my appointment. The thing is that the only records I need amended are in CT and they go as far back to the 20´s. The office hints that they don't amend records but then when I ask for a written letter stating the policy...
by beauac
02 Nov 2010, 23:42
Topic: DONT USE A SERVICE.USE A RESEARCHER OR DO IT YOURSELF
Replies: 24
Views: 5224

Re: DONT USE A SERVICE.USE A RESEARCHER OR DO IT YOURSELF

[quote="ForzaItaliaPgh"] but it took 3 years quote]

Man you are really in this for the long haul! Its crazy to think people have been at this for years. Kind of blows my mind to think I did everything in a month. I guess thats why I have been super stressed everyday though.
by beauac
02 Nov 2010, 13:43

The ct apostilles cost me 320. Each certified doc was 20 to begin with. Translation was 750 for starters, need more translated. Docs from Italy about 150. Back and forth to ny and the docs and apostilles there, a couple hundred. New passport needed. It all adds up. Biggest rip off throughout the who...
by beauac
02 Nov 2010, 11:04

Drew927 wrote: I'm sure you have spent alot of time preparing for this.
Not only all my time, all my money! So far about 2 grand, so I am hoping it goes well. Thanks!
by beauac
02 Nov 2010, 00:39

O man yes you better make a thread! im dying to know and I am jelous you got your appointment so soon. I got mine dec 9th. I hope you have a smart phone I am expecting a live feed lol. No cell phone of any kind actually. Anyway I hope I have positive news to report. Won`t be long now. Still waiting...