Search found 113 matches

by beauac
16 Jan 2011, 23:34
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Debating whether to quit my quest for Italian citizenship
Replies: 20
Views: 6723

Debating whether to quit my quest for Italian citizenship

Well I have already spent so much money (a couple thousand, maybe more, I can't recall right now) and time (blood, sweat, and tears) but it seems like it may end in rejection and I still need to invest probably another 2 grand and much more time to pursue it. I am 100 percent eligible in theory and ...
by beauac
14 Jan 2011, 22:12
Topic: Pls. Help: Munic Archvs docs corrections. NYC: App Rejected
Replies: 34
Views: 12123

Re: Pls. Help: Munic Archvs docs corrections. NYC: App Rejec

I hope some more light can be shed on this because if it is true that municipal documents need to be changed (which they can't) then I am out of the game. If it is only a matter of having some judge give me a letter maybe I can keep playing. Italian authorities are :roll: . Just give us Italians in ...
by beauac
13 Jan 2011, 22:36

Re: Pls. Help: Munic Archvs docs corrections. NYC: App Rejec

I thought it was established that one cannot under any circumstances change any document from the municipal archives. So how could you reapply? Are they asking you to do something they know is impossible in order to not have to bluntly deny you? I also thought everybody was saying that people in the...
by beauac
12 Jan 2011, 23:03

Re: NYC - application rejected. Due to docs from Munic Archi

I am very sorry you are having troubles. But I don't understand everything. So they have accepted your application in September and you were waiting for a yes or no on recognition, and now they have said no due to the small errors? Then why did they take it and not tell you that it needed to be corr...
by beauac
12 Jan 2011, 22:39
Topic: Can somebody please search something for me?
Replies: 6
Views: 1524

Re: Can somebody please search something for me?

Thanks a lot for providing me with so much information after a short time. I am thinking it could be the "Ipezzosa" or however they spelled it, who arrived March 19, 1899. She married Luigi Caruso on December 10, 1899 in Manhattan, so that would make sense.
by beauac
12 Jan 2011, 20:35
Topic: Can somebody please search something for me?
Replies: 6
Views: 1524

Can somebody please search something for me?

Hello everybody, I am back and ready to deal again with the misery of trying to obtain dual citizenship. I need information on a Speciosa Lupo. I would like to see a ship manifest, I can not find anything on the ellis island website. I was in the same situation before with a different family member ...
by beauac
11 Nov 2010, 23:17
Topic: Error on naturalization records
Replies: 16
Views: 4311

Re: Error on naturalization records

No they spoke English to me but 90 percent of the time they spoke Italian to each other while discussing my documents. Kind of weird that I understood most of it. Anyway, Good that you are getting the things you need from ricbru. Whatever happens to you I hope you will also write about it after your...
by beauac
11 Nov 2010, 23:11

Well I was trying to understand their Italian. I think the guy said something like, the birthdate is the 12th here, and the 8th on the other documents. They seem to have had no problem with my naturalization even with the discrepancy. I doubt they will make it a problem for you because they know it ...
by beauac
11 Nov 2010, 23:07
Topic: Do certificates of naturalization contain photos??
Replies: 17
Views: 4035

Re: Do certificates of naturalization contain photos??

I was going to order it from the usics (something like that) website. I have his naturalization papers that I got from the national archives but that is just the petition and the others. The certificate should have the photo, at least I hope.
by beauac
11 Nov 2010, 22:19

The consulate did not care about the birthdate discrepancies on my gggf naturalization. But then again it was only off by four days. That was the only mistake they did not care about.
by beauac
11 Nov 2010, 14:23

I may get lucky then. But the question is would they have taken the photo in 1924 when he applied or in 1930 when he was approved and issued the certificate?
by beauac
11 Nov 2010, 14:13

I guess there is only one thing to do and that is for me to request the certificate and hope for the best. I think I will faint when I see him.
by beauac
11 Nov 2010, 12:38

He became a naturalized citizen in 1930. I think he applied in 1924. So what do you think, will it come with his photo? I have his declarations and there are no photos there. Also he would be from the southern district I think, Manhattan.
by beauac
11 Nov 2010, 05:48

Do certificates of naturalization contain photos??

So I have been dying to see a photo of my great great grandfather. It is kind of frustrating to find out so much about a man and his life and not even know what he looks like. The good news is for the first time tonight I saw pictures of his son, my great grandfather. The relative who had the pictur...