Search found 133 matches

by JavaisLife
11 Mar 2011, 16:13
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: I am impatient and anxious. help me write this letter.
Replies: 31
Views: 8706

Re: I am impatient and anxious. help me write this letter.

@Monkey - I think you'd have a better chance calling the consulate and asking your status than e-mailing or writing the commune. For, if you application has been approved, sent and registered at your commune - you would want your passport. The NYC Consulate handles the passport, so either/or they wo...
by JavaisLife
07 Mar 2011, 15:19
Topic: Amending birth, marriage in NYS
Replies: 18
Views: 6203

Re: Amending birth, marriage in NYS

Hi Rgaetano - I do suggest bringing the affidavit. I agree with kontessa, it's good to show or present something. The affidavit will be a good backup document, however - there is a chance it will work as a subsitution. However, I am almost certain they will ask you to go forward and try to making th...
by JavaisLife
04 Mar 2011, 16:28

Rgaetano When I went to the NYC Consulate the first time, I had an affidavit from my mother translated into Italian and apostilled - it wasn't accepted. Perhaps, it will be different for you, I am not sure. I was asking the dates of your certificates, for I would know if the documents are from the M...
by JavaisLife
03 Mar 2011, 21:20

What years are these certificates from? It's possible you can get a letter from the director of the department and have that translated as well.
by JavaisLife
02 Mar 2011, 15:48
Topic: NYC Appointment recap (long post)
Replies: 13
Views: 4595

Re: NYC Appointment recap (long post)

Drew. What great news! I am very happy to read that your appointment went well. Thanks for the mention. :) @Screaming: When you first walk into the office, if you are standing at the door facing into the room. ... Tony is the desk that is facing the door and along side the room. If you are still at ...
by JavaisLife
28 Feb 2011, 21:20
Topic: Please help clarify - short and sweet
Replies: 7
Views: 1761

Re: Please help clarify - short and sweet

I'm not 100% sure what happens to your grandmothers citizenship when your grandfather naturalized. I would explore your French roots, but I would wait to see what others have to write in regards to the naturalization and how it effects woman's rights and marriage.
by JavaisLife
28 Feb 2011, 20:59
Topic: Please help clarify - short and sweet
Replies: 7
Views: 1761

Re: Please help clarify - short and sweet

Since your father was born after your GF naturalized, you cannot go through your grandfather. However, I would write to the NARA to double check sometimes dates we are told and dates that are recorded are off. If indeed your grandfather naturalized before your father's birth. I believe your grandmot...
by JavaisLife
28 Feb 2011, 17:32
Topic: New York Consulate
Replies: 30
Views: 9125

Re: New York Consulate

If you were able to make it all the way down to your birth certificate, without a hiccup that's great! Congrats.

Was there anything else noted at your appointment?
by JavaisLife
25 Feb 2011, 15:27
Topic: At last....success at the Miami Consulate
Replies: 4
Views: 3917

Re: At last....success at the Miami Consulate

Congrats! This is wonderful news and I am very happy for you and your family!
by JavaisLife
24 Feb 2011, 19:49
Topic: Court order name change --- so close yet so far!
Replies: 27
Views: 8104

Re: Court order name change --- so close yet so far!

Okay, I had to do the same - change someone else's information on the BC. It's more of a hassle, but still possible. As I mentioned earlier, whatever is on the earliest record is correct. So, you will use your GGM birth certificate as what is correct. You will need to change your GGM death certifica...
by JavaisLife
24 Feb 2011, 19:18

I see why you are confused 1) I am not suggesting you change the Muni Archive document, and nether is the consulate. You will never be able to change the record from Muncipal Archive. The letter from Kenn Kobb acts as an amendment. Which is, in essence, what the consulate is asking you to do. This l...
by JavaisLife
24 Feb 2011, 18:47

I had name changes as well. I wrote that the maiden name for my GGM was written as Rosaio Prussio, which the first name was male and the last name was spelled completely wrong. I'd go the letter route, then proceed to get the BC corrected.

Good luck!
by JavaisLife
24 Feb 2011, 17:22

It's not confusing or frustrating. ... You just need to think in order. 1) Make an appointment with Kenn Kobb at the Municipal Archives and have him write you the certified letter, have the letter notarized and apostiled (I suggest getting two copies w/ notarization and apostille). 2) Once you have ...
by JavaisLife
24 Feb 2011, 17:12

What you should do first is this: Challenge: 1) Correct the marriage certificate so it reflects the proper name, which is prior to the BC. 2) Once the Marriage Certificate and the BC of your GGM is the same - you then correct the birth certificate of your GM. You can do this - I had to change my GF ...